Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What army are you playing in the boardgame Version

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Default What army are you playing in the boardgame Version

I dont see a tread about that so.
    What do u play?

Empire (i havnt found out what paint i will use)

Ps. i didnt knew hav to make a poll. Sry
    Last edited by Karnil Vark Khaitan; January 07, 2010 at 09:23 AM.

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Default Re: What army are you playing in the boardgame Version

As some might have figured.. High Elves. A High Elf host based on the Citadel of Dusk (elven colony)

Used to have stome stunties as well but in the end I only sticked with the Elves.

I started with The Empire and I played with my Ostland army for 9 years.
    I sold them however.
    I also played with the dreaded Von Carstein Vampire Counts but I sold them too.
    For the last 5 years I play with my Dwarfs and last year I started my Chaos warband. I also had some High Elves, Greenskins and Bretonnia.
    These are my armies.

Empire, and Vampires.

Shoot coward! You are only going to kill a man!

Warriors of Chaos.

Guidrion's Avatar Miles

Empire-Nordland

Used to play a little bit, but now I only collect, paint, and model instead. Have a quite large Bretonnian and Skaven army on my shelf, but now I focus on Confrontation. You should check them out, brutally nice figures.

Scipio praeditus's Avatar Decanus

Never actually played a single game, except perhaps against myself.
    I used to collect high elves, night goblins and an imperial/mercenary army.
    I'm more into converting and painting 40K/battlefleet spacemarine and eldar miniatures now a days.
    "The only question that remained was whether the founders knew the final result of their creation, or if they themselves where the victims of a misunderstanding.
    In the latter case it was the duty of any thinking human, to press himself into the front of this depraved movement, to perhaps still prevent the extreme, in the former case the founders of this peoples disease must have been true devils; for only in the brain of a monster - not of a human - could the plan for an organisation take meaningfull form, whose purpose must lead toward the end result of a collapse of human culture and thus to the desolation of the world.
    In this case only battle remained as a means of final delivery, battle with any weapons that the human mind, intellect and will are able to comprehend, regardless, of whom fate would gift with it's blessing."

Starting to build a Skaven Horde.

Orks & Chaos, 40k though

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|>Deus ex Machinegun<|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arch-hereticK's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Chaos, chaos, chaos, chaos.

Grakl's Avatar Libertus

I was in to Warhammer Fantasy when I was a young and collected a bit of everything (no one to play against so no reason to compose an official army). Of all the armies though I thought Orcs and Goblins would have been my favorite simply for their silliness (Fanatics and Doom diver catapult anyone?).

I switched over to 40k in college since that's about anyone I could find collected. I ended up putting together a small Ork army over the years. It's all mostly shelved but I occasionally work on conversions when I have space and time. I still have a converted Leman Russ waiting to be primed and painted...sigh

I have a large Orcs & Goblins army worth about 4000 pts. I also have Ogres and Lizardmen worth about 3000 pts. each

I had a Daemon army in 6th ed. but got rid of it because they became too uber in 7th ed. It's pretty much point and click with them and god forbid if you actually know tactics too. It's actually hard to make a soft list with them and they have very few weaknesses. It's almost so bad that a superior general that doesn't play one of the top tier armies often loses to total noobs who play Daemons. Anyway there pretty broken so I sold them.

I also have a small 1000pts. (ish) dogs of war themed as a Kingdoms of Ind army.

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

The mighty(-ish) lizardmen!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

Senator

Druchii and Asur. The dark elves are led by my dreadlord Draetius Shadowmane, who is the descedent of the Chracian noble house of Snowmane, before the Sundering. He rides a black lion of chrace(counts as a cold one).

My high elf army is a Chracian force led by Prince Raziriel Snowmane, descendent of the half of House Snowmane that stayed loyal to the Phoenix King. He rides a white lion of chrace(counts as an elven steed for now, working out a way for it to counts as a griffin, minus the flying, not sure if it will be allowed yet)

Vampire Counts and Orcs in Warhammer Fantasy and Space Marines in 40k

Plus a small Gondorian force in LOTR TT.

I don't play, but I was going to be the wood elves. I have there book and have read it, just too costly for me to start playing. Doesn't mean I havn't played, I mean I can play with the unpainted models I have from a starter box sorter thing. Although can't afford nor have the time currently to paint them.

Asur, Chaos, and Dogs of War.

[ Cry Havoc:: ] - [ link ] - [ An Expanded World Submod for Call of Warhammer ]
    My turban brings all the muslims to the yard and they're like العنصرية ش

Empire for around 7-8 years (around 6K points)
    Dwarfs for 2 years (around 5K points)
    Bretonnia for 7 months (around 3K points)

There is one major flaw though, only few characters are painted.

I used to play with High Elves and Mortal Chaos (but the new AB is IMHO badly written)

Which one? Chaos Mortals is my speciality, took them to the finals for UK Grand Tournament, so I might be able to help with the army list?

[ Cry Havoc:: ] - [ link ] - [ An Expanded World Submod for Call of Warhammer ]
    My turban brings all the muslims to the yard and they're like العنصرية ش

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast