Thread: Access Denied

Viva Espana!'s Avatar Semisalis

Default Access Denied

Yes, I know there's a bug forum, but I'm impatient, and there's a lot more traffic on this forum, and I've gotten other answers here very quickly. I posted on the bug forum just in case, too.

Hey, not sure where this goes in the main thread, so I'll post something here. I've downloaded the translation mod, but every time I try to extract it to the Teutonic Data folder I get the message "Error: Access Denied. Error: Unable to create output file "C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\teutonic\data<insert translation files here>"

Any idea what I should do for this problem? I'm the only username on the computer, so I should be the administrator.
    "To admit defeat, is to commit a heresy against the Emperor." - Imperial Proverb.
    "Well... that was unexpected." - Last words of Chaos Lord Ulakar the Undefeatable.

Default Re: Access Denied

-Right click on the root Medieval 2 directory
    -On the drop down menu click Properties
    -Click the Security tab on the window that appeared
    -On the Security tab window click the Advanced button
    -Hit the Edit button
    -On the new screen that appeared highlight the administrator account
    -Hit the Edit button again (stupid ass Microsoft...)
    -Give yourself the necessary permissions (Full Access) then apply your way all the way back out

Depending on how your computer accounts are set up you may need to do this twice one for the Administrator account and then again for the Administrator group. Could you post screenshots for me so I can see the various windows each step of the way it will help me to understand where the problem lies.

randir14's Avatar Ordinarius

Viva Espana!'s Avatar Semisalis

Thank you very much.
    "To admit defeat, is to commit a heresy against the Emperor." - Imperial Proverb.
    "Well... that was unexpected." - Last words of Chaos Lord Ulakar the Undefeatable.

Blackomur89's Avatar Campidoctor

Question answered.

Desolc!!!
    2D artist for Call of Warhammer TW; 2D artist for Westeros TW; 2D artist and researcher for The Ruins of Arnor TATW sub-mod; 2D artist for Warcraft TW.