Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: "First Age: Total War" (Gondolin preview)

Default Re: "First Age: Total War" (Gondolin preview)

While I am not officially yet a part of the team, I have begun some skinning/texturing work - and I have decided to show you some of my artwork that I bring to this mod and its developement. It is my hope that the community will be shown what kind of dedication we're willing to put into this mod. If you give me a few days perhaps I'll paint these properly in Photoshop

For those who wonder who "Tirion Alcarin" is, that would be my first and last name in Quenya if I translated it as well as I could, so yeah - so you don't go around wondering

here you go guys:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

When time and real life allow, I will upload more perhaps - but yeah, small teasers in piecemeal-doses work best
    Last edited by Vhaelor; January 16, 2010 at 06:12 PM.

Consider me immensely impressed with your artwork! Awesome stuff!

I really like Morgoth, crossing my fingers for his inclusion (as a playable general, perhaps) in the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosReigns View Post
    Consider me immensely impressed with your artwork! Awesome stuff!

I really like Morgoth, crossing my fingers for his inclusion (as a playable general, perhaps) in the mod.
    This is something we can hope for, I've made the concept - it's up to the 3d modelers if they want to follow it. I personally have always imagined Morgoth to be a person who raises himself in power, evil and darkness, and I hope the armor I made for him reflects it

Skiph's Avatar Foederatus

Beregond
    I haven't seen the units in-game, but on the screens some of them look too bright (IMHO of course)
    may be this is just the screens....
    Yes, you rights-it only sreens. In game they do not look is superfluous the shining and bright.
    Though under descriptions, the rainbow house should be even brighter .

IVIarkI2I, Beregond, Astor, chalpur
    All thanks for positive responses!

Aruthiel
    Very impressing artwork.
    But when you will start to work in a command with 3-D the artist, you will understand that it is not necessary to spend for many details of time.

incredible quality +rep
    Under the patronage of Nakharar
    DM Multi modding project

Quote Originally Posted by Master Zuma View Post
    incredible quality +rep
    Big thanks! I do my best. I have never gone to any school for any sort of art, what I know I taught myself (Youtube and Google do wonders when it comes to tutorials) All it involves, is blood, sweat and tears...o wait, I mean....pen, scrapped papers and a lot of patience

Very impressive i can't wait to try it out

but i have to admit some of the initial units are a little to coloured (imho)

Will this require Kingdoms like 3rd age or will it be playable with only Medieval II:Total War.

Excellent work, comrads!
    Does not stop by you to admire!
    Кто к нам с чем зачем тот от того и того...

Great work.I just hope you do it in English!

Skiph's Avatar Foederatus

HolyDevil
    Very impressive i can't wait to try it out
    but i have to admit some of the initial units are a little to coloured (imho)
    Into the account of colour I already spoke-it feature of this fraction. Others will be in áîëëĺ reserved tones!
    I very much liked chosen us stylistics, Soldiers in fraction not clones, and unique subcultures.

Clicki
    Will this require Kingdoms like 3rd age or will it be playable with only Medieval II:Total War.
    This will require Kingdoms like 3rd age.

OSDEA7
    Great work.I just hope you do it in English!
    The first version leaves at once on đóńęîě and English language.

All..
    Thanks for support - it are very important for us!

Do you guys need any help translating stuff into english? This mod looks brilliant and I'd love to help. I know Russian pretty well (I'm from Ukraine) and I know english fairly well too.
    I also help with the Call of Warhammer translation so I have some experience, however tiny.
    Screw multiculturalism and the horse it rode in on

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

This mod is amazing. The units are beautiful and are very well modelled and skinned. Good luck with this fantastic project.

I for one can assure you that there is a tremendous interest in this type of mod.There are many followers in TATW that have requested such a mod that you are presently creating.If you don't mind me asking,will you be limited just to the map shown in future upgrades or do you plan to expand.I ask because also there are many followers in TATW would like to see a more global map modded.I don't want to be rude asking such a question,I'm just curious about your over all plan.
    Any way what you are doing now is fantastic.When modders like your team and others create such work i never even look at new games on the market.I tried ETW for awhile but i think it will take some time for that game to catch the interest of a large modding community yet.

Samples of First age globe below.

Last edited by OSDEA7; February 03, 2010 at 11:51 PM.

PaHer's Avatar Laetus

Good day to TWC community!
    Today I would like to show you my artistic conception of orcs in FATW.
    There are concept-arts of early Thangorodrim units. By my general idea, the orcs of first age was mostly similar to the elves, but because of hate and shame of their own evil nature, they are covers faces under the scary and ugly masks.

1. The Northern raider.

2. The “Jaws of wrath”

3. The “Iron Fist”

Narkaz's Avatar Civis

I really like your orc concepts, I believe this is mush more how Tolkien imagined his orcs then how they did it in the movies. Its a good thing you don't let your imagination be narrowed by how they did it in Peter Jackson's movies.
    Great work!
    Screw you guys i'm going home!

They look really good. Kudos to you for taking the initiative and making some unique First Age Orcs for the mod.
    Last edited by ChaosReigns; January 24, 2010 at 02:09 PM.

JuL14n's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by PaHer View Post
    Good day to TWC community!
    Today I would like to show you my artistic conception of orcs in FATW.
    There are concept-arts of early Thangorodrim units. By my general idea, the orcs of first age was mostly similar to the elves, but because of hate and shame of their own evil nature, they are covers faces under the scary and ugly masks.

1. The Northern raider.

2. The “Jaws of wrath”

3. The “Iron Fist”
    I approve their look!

As long as being an Orc is not about being big and green like Shrek, it's good.
    PJ's orcs are fantastic, but this is First Age, and can't be inspired by a movie.

Good luck mates, I will keep my eye on this mod.

rep+

NikeBG's Avatar Sampsis

Indeed, these Orcs look much closer to actual Elves being mutilated by Melkor. Though perhaps some more hints could be added, maybe scars or something. I'm not quite sure what Tolkien meant exactly, maybe it might have indeed been just a "mental mutilation", if I might say so (and I admit I haven't read the Silmarillion since years), though some physical traces could nevertheless be a good addition.

The Orc art work looks good but to me it just does not fit the discription of what these creatures are suppose to look like.They look to neat and tidy for creatures created from dead and mutilated elves,slime and dirt.They are suppose to be foul, deformed,frightening and violent creatures.I just don't get that feeling from your concept of them.