Thread: In-Battle CTD when destroying town gates

Default In-Battle CTD when destroying town gates

Hi all,

I have been following this site for some time but now finally decided to register (reason being i couldn't find an answer to a crash i experienced)

I am currently using RTR Platinum 1.9, and from time to time, i experience a CTD during a siege battle.

This is how it happens (repeatable):

My army is besieging a small town. I send in the unit that is manipulating the battering ram to destroy the gate. Once the gate is destroyed, the unit walks back and disengages from the ram. However, if i give that particular unit any order while they are in the process of disengaging, i get systematically a CTD.

Not sure if this has been mentioned before.
    Obviously, the workaround i have been using so far is to wait for them to completely let go of the ram before i issue them any order.

Any ideas?
    Thx,
    GT

PS: I can't remember whether i have the mod switch version or not. any ideas how to find out?
    Thx!
    Last edited by Globetrotter74; January 05, 2010 at 09:00 PM.

Default Re: In-Battle CTD when destroying town gates

If you have a folder RTRPE inside your main game folder(Activision/Rome Total War) then you have the mod switch version.
    I haven`t heard of the ctd you describe though. What faction are you using btw?

Default Re: In-Battle CTD when destroying town gates

i had it with the Romans and the Greeks (on RTR) and the Seleucids (on vanilla RTW)...
    every time i select the unit and redeploy it while it disengages from the ram (i.e. just after the short movie showing that the gate is destroyed), the game crashes. weird...

i don't have the mod switch version then. thx!