Thread: 13 colonies to GB?

TheBlobThing's Avatar Semisalis

Default 13 colonies to GB?

Hi all!

First of all, thanks for a wonderful mod Darth! Your tireless efforts has made me enjoy this game for much longer than I would have done with vanilla.

Well, on to my idea. I have absolutely no clue as to the amount of work this proposal would require, but I'd love to see a mod where the 13 Colonies are a part of GB from the start of the game.

France (and Iroquois) declare war on them within the first 5 or 10 turns, triggering a large conflict in Europe. It seems that they aren't taking GB's military power into account when declaring war, and I think if 13 Col. are GB they'd be more inclined to do that.

Any thoughts?

Any ideas about how much work that would take?

Anyone up for the challenge?

Oh, BTW I have absolutely zero knowledge about modding myself, hence my REQ preface to thread title...
    Disclaimer:
    The above are my current opinions and are liable to change according to mood, time of day, degree of sleep deprivation endured and/or level of inebriation.

Default Re: [REQ] 13 colonies to GB

What I'm looking for is a bit like this minimod:

No fog of war and protectorates, by notger

It gives you a choice between nobody getting their protectorates through missions ever, or protector gets protectorate immediately. Problem is, it removes FOW too (and I don't think it's DM compatible).

Is it feasible to make this compatible with DM without removing fog of war?

Any thoughts?
    Disclaimer:
    The above are my current opinions and are liable to change according to mood, time of day, degree of sleep deprivation endured and/or level of inebriation.

Civis

copy and paste (from 'No fog of war and protectorates, by notger' scripting.lua)

local function OnFactionTurnStart(context)
    if conditions.TurnNumber(context) == 3 then
    scripting.game_interface:enable_auto_generated_missions(true)
    end

if conditions.FactionName("britain", context) then
    scripting.game_interface:grant_faction_handover("britain", "thirteen_colonies", 1, 1, context)
    elseif conditions.FactionName("spain", context) then
    scripting.game_interface:grant_faction_handover("spain", "new_spain", 1, 1, context)
    elseif conditions.FactionName("france", context) then
    scripting.game_interface:grant_faction_handover("france", "louisiana", 1, 1, context)
    end
    end

Over the top of (original scripting.lua):

local function OnFactionTurnStart(context)
    if conditions.TurnNumber(context) == 1 then
    if conditions.FactionName("cherokee", context) and conditions.FactionIsHuman("cherokee", context) then
    scripting.game_interface:trigger_custom_mission("britain_protectorate", "cherokee", "capture_city", 0, "Acadia", "", "main_mission_capture_city_text", "main_protectorate_new_spain_reward", 2000, "", context)
    end
    elseif conditions.TurnNumber(context) == 2 then
    if conditions.FactionName("britain", context) and conditions.FactionIsHuman("britain", context) then
    scripting.game_interface:trigger_custom_mission("britain_protectorate", "britain", "protectorate_region_capture", 0, "georgia_usa+cherokee_territory+new_france", "", "mission_text_text_main_protectorate_thirteen_colonies_text", "mission_text_text_main_protectorate_thirteen_colonies_reward", 0, "thirteen_colonies", context)
    elseif conditions.FactionName("spain", context) and conditions.FactionIsHuman("spain", context) then
    scripting.game_interface:trigger_custom_mission("spain_protectorate", "spain", "protectorate_region_capture", 0, "trinidad_tobago+tejas+curacao", "", "mission_text_text_main_protectorate_new_spain_text", "mission_text_text_main_protectorate_new_spain_reward", 0, "new_spain", context)
    elseif conditions.FactionName("france", context) and conditions.FactionIsHuman("france", context) then
    scripting.game_interface:trigger_custom_mission("france_protectorate", "france", "protectorate_region_capture", 0, "michigan_territory+algonquin_territory+cherokee_territory", "", "mission_text_text_main_protectorate_louisiana_text", "mission_text_text_main_protectorate_louisiana_reward", 0, "louisiana", context)
    end
    elseif conditions.TurnNumber(context) == 5 then
    scripting.game_interface:enable_auto_generated_missions(true)
    end

if conditions.FactionName("britain", context) and not conditions.FactionIsHuman("britain", context) then
    scripting.game_interface:grant_faction_handover("britain", "thirteen_colonies", 6, 15, context)
    elseif conditions.FactionName("spain", context) and not conditions.FactionIsHuman("spain", context) then
    scripting.game_interface:grant_faction_handover("spain", "new_spain", 6, 15, context)
    elseif conditions.FactionName("france", context) and not conditions.FactionIsHuman("france", context) then
    scripting.game_interface:grant_faction_handover("france", "louisiana", 6, 15, context)
    end
    end

Has anyone tried this with dmuc? I replaced the scripting.lua in data/campaigns/main with notger' s scripting lua and waited til turn 2 but the 13 colonies are still a separate protectorate. Did I replace the right scripting .lua ? I can't open it to see if it says above wording.

edit
    I finally got it to work. Notger's scripting.lua goes in data/campaigns/DMUC_Umain . I was trying it in the wrong ones.
    The 13 colonies join GB on turn 2.Same for France and Spain with their colonies. No mission needed. Now I'll stat again with GB or Spain perhaps.Thanks for the link +rep
    Last edited by Jihada; January 24, 2010 at 09:41 AM.

Thanks for the help!

+rep!
    Disclaimer:

which part should i copy paste?

I made a backup of the original scripting lua in DMUC_Umain and replaced it with notger's no protectorates scripting lua and GB got the 12 colonies on turn 2.