Thread: removing Istanbul's Land Bridge?

Default removing Istanbul's Land Bridge?

is it possible to remove istanbul's land bridge? , or, add another one a bit to the south?

it doesnt matter who owns the city, the faction just about instantly becomes the slow down during cpu turn phase, for me, as the ai cannot seem to figure out how to move troops through the city and across.

the past few games ive started, i ended up turing Istanbul into my first conquest - which seems silly at best.

can it be done?

Turbo's Avatar Civitate

Default Re: removing Istanbul's Land Bridge?

Quote Originally Posted by Valakov View Post
    is it possible to remove istanbul's land bridge? , or, add another one a bit to the south?

it doesnt matter who owns the city, the faction just about instantly becomes the slow down during cpu turn phase, for me, as the ai cannot seem to figure out how to move troops through the city and across.

the past few games ive started, i ended up turing Istanbul into my first conquest - which seems silly at best.

can it be done?
    good question! i would like to know this as well.
    Work of God

I had this in my last game, and found a workaround though. I used ESF-editor, gave myself 7 million gold. Then I bought all the Ottoman eastern lands making all their troops insta teleport to Istanbul. Then I gave all the land back to the Ottomans. Went in to ESF editor again, and set the gold back to what it was for both me and Ottomans.

When I started the game I gave a tribute of 10000 gold to the Ottomans to justify the raised goodwill from giving them back their lands. I know, it is not what we want but it works. And on a sidenote, it really did wonders for Ottoman campaign in Europe proper as these troops were on their way there but could not find their way because of inferior pathing.

Turbo's Avatar Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by zowrath View Post
    I had this in my last game, and found a workaround though. I used ESF-editor, gave myself 7 million gold. Then I bought all the Ottoman eastern lands making all their troops insta teleport to Istanbul. Then I gave all the land back to the Ottomans. Went in to ESF editor again, and set the gold back to what it was for both me and Ottomans.

When I started the game I gave a tribute of 10000 gold to the Ottomans to justify the raised goodwill from giving them back their lands. I know, it is not what we want but it works. And on a sidenote, it really did wonders for Ottoman campaign in Europe proper as these troops were on their way there but could not find their way because of inferior pathing.
    Not sure what you accomplish with that. That does nothing to solve the constant crossing lag that occurs with other factions or the ottomans for that matter.

Creative Assembly really hosed the modding community with this game.
    Work of God

There is no way -known- to create new bridges or at least move them to another place.
    ESF editor only is able to see the info related with bridges (regions.esf) as binary arrays, nothing to change.
    Last edited by Isabelxxx; March 30, 2010 at 03:02 PM.
    All my downloads need for uncompressing them:

7-Zip 9.10 beta Windows 32-bit

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo View Post
    Not sure what you accomplish with that. That does nothing to solve the constant crossing lag that occurs with other factions or the ottomans for that matter.

Creative Assembly really hosed the modding community with this game.
    What I accomplished was to remove the current lag, and made the game playable again. Before I had to wait up to 20-25 minutes for the Ottomans to finish their turn. As they expanded in to Austria, they no longer had the urgent need to reinforce from their south-eastern provinces and thus there were few crossings, and those that came made it through without a hitch.

But I guess the problem would return if the Prussians, as the Austrians are vanquished, would press hard in to Ottoman lands and again make them reinforce from the south-east.

As I said at the beginning, it was just something that can be done to alleviate the issue albeit temporary. It is not a fix.

♔hammeredalways♔'s Avatar Darthmod Moderator

Hi zowrath - much of the CAI the CAI tweaking that Isabelxxx has been integral to in the Darthmod Startpos seems to have eradicated this, it used to be a gamebreaker in earlier campaigns I have no issue with it since 5.4 and beyond
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree