Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: A Short Tale.

Borissomeone's Avatar Citizen

Default A Short Tale.

Just a little tale about the death of a nameless captian, hope you enjoy and please feel free to comment. If people like what I do more short tales wil come .

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I can feel the soft breeze as it lightly passes me, the smell of blood and emptied bowels thick in the air as my men die around me. My sweat is cooled by the wind as I ready myself to die, my thick armour a comfort upon my wide shoulders as I grip my war hammer, again ready to end more foul lives. We were but three hundred men on our way to the capital, Middenheim, when we were set upon by a hoard of Beastmen their ugly faces twisted in rage and hate as they poured out of the thick forest. A sigh leaves my lips, turning into a fine mist in the coolness of the morning, nothing to do but fight and hope to take as many of these disease ridden curs to the grave with us.

My men, their distinctive armour and wolfs cloaks, fight like they have never before, perhaps the knowledge that they will all die no matter what gives them strength on this cold morning. I move forward back into the main battle line, landing my war hammer upon the chest of a large Beastman, its animal eyes widen in shock as its life is crushed from it, spinning I plant my next blow cleanly into the side of another’s head, grey matter sprays from its cracked skull as it drops the gore laden forest floor.

I feel the rumble before seeing the Knights of Ulric, again, come crashing into the massed ranks of the Beastmen, their bleats of terror warm my heart as their crushed under the mighty war horse’s of the Knights, and those that still stand are quickly smashed to the ground by the frenzied Knights as they also try and take as many with them into the after life. It won’t be long now, only a few still stand. The Knights of Ulric are slowly over whelmed by sheer numbers, men pulled from their steads and hacked apart, their blood feeding the already soaked ground. I take a heavy blow and stumble back, my heart is like thunder in my ears, several massive brutes come at me large axes at the ready and death in their eyes.

I look over the battle field as my end draws near, the bodies of the Teutogen Guard litter the battle ground, horrible wounds gaping back at me, I smile, I know an odd time to let a smile creep across my face, but we have died well today more than eight hundred foul enemy have given their lives to our war hammers, and now I will try to add a few more to that tally. The first dies quickly, as savage blow to its face, as another tries to land a blow upon me, turning and moving to the side it misses me, I knock it from its feet, finishing it with a powerful blow, it squeals as it dies. Suddenly my breath is taken from me as I’m hit from behind; I drop to one knee as I struggle to regain my feet, my long hair hangs over my face hiding the wide smile that paints it. Another blow removes my head; a great fountain of blood announces my death. Now I’m just another ghost of the many battle fields that cover his land of mine.

Under the Patronage of TheFirstONeill.

Default Re: A Short Tale.

Nice! I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Cholio View Post
    Nice! I like it!
    Thanks for reading it. I'll add more short tales as they happen in my game or as they pop into my head.

So over 140 views and only 1 person has been kind enough to comment...all I can say is COME ON...help a COW fan out and leave feed back...COME ON.

Well. I printed your Tale and reading to my children as a bed time story. They like and asking another!
    Keep it up!
    CoW (Rage of the Dark Gods)team
    From Russia with love.

Bit graphic to be read to children, don't you think ? Nice story .
    Screw multiculturalism and the horse it rode in on

Astor, Russian children are very severe.
    CoW (Rage of the Dark Gods)team
    From Russia with love.

Stick to Baba Yaha, scary enough .
    Screw multiculturalism and the horse it rode in on

Quote Originally Posted by Timorfeys View Post
    Well. I printed your Tale and reading to my children as a bed time story. They like and asking another!
    Keep it up!
    Thankyou, I'm glad your kids liked it, I'd read it to my little boy but hes only 4 months and is still trying to find the green sheep (kids book).

Quote Originally Posted by Astor View Post
    Bit graphic to be read to children, don't you think ? Nice story .
    Glad you liked it, have some rep the both of you .

It's really good, I especially enjoyed the bowels voiding part at the start, it just gives it that little bit more atmosphere

Quote Originally Posted by Noressa View Post
    It's really good, I especially enjoyed the bowels voiding part at the start, it just gives it that little bit more atmosphere
    Thankyou, I thought why hold back, it is after all COW. Have some rep for reading.
    Last edited by Borissomeone; January 07, 2010 at 03:40 PM.

You're right, mate - no holding back here. Another very well-crafted story, my friend! Hope to see more of those in the future.
    +rep for your ongoing efforts

Quote Originally Posted by toluas View Post
    You're right, mate - no holding back here. Another very well-crafted story, my friend! Hope to see more of those in the future.
    +rep for your ongoing efforts
    Thanks friend your feedback is always welcome, not sure when my next short tale will be...very keen to work on my Thera story at the moment. And more rep for you friend.

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

You really got something special there, keep it up +rep

Quote Originally Posted by toluas View Post
    Another very well-crafted story, my friend! Hope to see more of those in the future.
    So you have done more of these?

Quote Originally Posted by Kahvipannu View Post
    You really got something special there, keep it up +rep

So you have done more of these?

Thanks for reading and some rep for you. I have written a Fan Fiction for the Third Age mod, about two brothers, the One Ring, undead, massive battles and my bad sense of humor. Its called The Battle Begun. I've also done FF for the Thera mod, this story is based upon the Romuli faction, that story was just reviewed in The Critics Quill its fairly action packed and the story can be quite graphic.

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Quote Originally Posted by Borissomeone View Post
    Thanks for reading and some rep for you. I have written a Fan Fiction for the Third Age mod, about two brothers, the One Ring, undead, massive battles and my bad sense of humor. Its called The Battle Begun. I've also done FF for the Thera mod, this story is based upon the Romuli faction, that story was just reviewed in The Critics Quill its fairly action packed and the story can be quite graphic.
    Sounds good, I'm gona check them out

I prefer a more desperate death than such acceptance.

Quote Originally Posted by Aethyr View Post
    I prefer a more desperate death than such acceptance.
    Like any good warrior he knew as done for, he accepted the fact he would die and was pleased his small force took many of the foul enemy to the grave. He fought the good fight to the very end.

Another short tale, just a word of warning this tale is bloody.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

'Death of a Salesmen'

I can feel my heart pounding in my chest as I claw my way up the broken ground, my fingers are a bloody mess and my face streaked by my tears as I run for my life. I can still hear my sister’s screams as they impaled her with their swords and spilled her steaming insides across the ground. Such a sweet girl, I should have never convinced her to come along, but greed and the thoughts that she would be rich after this compelled her more than I ever could. I start to cry again, great sobs wreak my body as I again wish I had never thought to trade up into the border regions of the Empire, I had hope to make a quick profit selling cheap ale, foolish I am.

The first few nights had gone well, my sister with her wide smile and big eyes had made an excellent sales person the men and women couldn’t resist her easy manner, as our purses grew heavy and plans were made to do this again. I dreamed of the day when we no longer needed to travel and could chose where we wanted to live. All was well until I lost our map.

One wrong turn and our lives changed for the worst, we didn’t even realize what we had done. The night had started as any other night; the fire lit our little camp with its bright flickering light dancing across our faces as we spoke quietly about the next trip we would make, my sister looked beautiful, her eyes bright in the fire light, but not so beautiful now with her insides tangled in the grass. The first we knew of any trouble was the strange smell that wafted in the air, the next thing I knew Chaos knights came striding into our camp, their armour groaning with each dreadful step. My sister turned and screamed, her face twisted by fear and then they cut her down, now I run for my life.

I have no idea where I am, everything looks the same, coming around stand of trees I stumble back into our camp, the stench of death thick in the air. The horses have been hacked apart and my poor sister’s head now sits roasting on the fire. Falling to my knees I claw at my face, pulling skin away, I sit and wish that this nightmare would end. A creak of armour and I look up see a chaos knight standing before me, a blow to my head and then blackness.

I awake to find myself pinned to the ground, spread-eagle, a knight standing over me its hideous sword drawn the blade painted in blood. The first swing removes my left arm, the next my right leg, my screams echo into the night. The knight turns and walks away into the night leaving me there, a terrible laugh and it’s gone. It’s a funny thing dying, I thought it would hurt more as I lay there crying waiting for the end.

Last edited by Borissomeone; January 18, 2010 at 05:54 PM.

A quick thankyou to whomever was kind enough to rep me for my little tale. You didn't leave your name so I can't rep you back...anyway thanks.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast