Thread: In-game events voices

Default In-game events voices

CORRECTED VERSION (thanks, scipio praeditus)

Hi. I am starting this thread so anyone could write some short-speeches for in-game events (e.g. your general is killed, you kill enemy general, you win battle etc.) and maybe someday, someone will record them. I will start for the Dwarfs. Feel free to correct me, as English isn't my native language.

Allied general is dead :

1.Grievous news for the friends of Dwarfs, their leader has fallen.
    2.Alas, dark tidings are these, our allies leader has perished in this battle.
    3.We must AVENGE our allies loss, take up the axes, and fight on!

Allied army flees from the battle :

1. Falter not, sons of Grungni. Our allies may have lost their resolve, but we must fight on!
    2.A black day is this, my brothers. We must fight on without aid.
    3.WHAT IS THIS?! Our allies have deserted the field! Fight, to the last Dwarf!
    4.Our allies are nothing more than cowards... They prefer to flee like elves, rather than stay and die with honor!

Allied general flees

1.Our allies leader is nothing more than a coward. He flees and abandons his troops to their fate.
    2.A grievous blow to our allies kin - their leader is in flight.
    3.Our allies resolve grows thin, their leader has left the field of battle.

Enemy army flees

1.At last, we have proved our mettle. The cowards turn, and run from our wrath!
    2.What is this? The enemy army flees. Turn them to ruin with axe and steel.
    3.By Grungni! Our enemies have been crushed, and run like animals from the hunters!

Enemy general/captain killed :

1. At last! The enemy general has been slain. Fight on my brothers!
    2.The enemy general has fallen. The fortunes of war remain with the Dwarfs!
    3.Our enemy falters. Their leader lies dead, and now we shall make certain that his men will share the same fate!

Enemy general flees :

1.The enemy general flees like the coward he is. He abandons his army to be slaughtered.
    2.A great day is this! The enemy leader is nothing more than a coward.
    3.The enemy leader has no honor. He flees the field of battle.

Enemy king (leader of faction) killed

1.Great tidings, the enemy has suffered the final blow! Their ruler lies a ruined corpse, for the vultures to feast upon.
    2.Our enemies hearts falter. By our metal their ruler lies slain.
    3.A grievous blow to the enemies of Dwarfs! Their ruler is no more!

Enemy king flees

1. What is this? The enemy ruler has left the field? Perhaps he has underestimated the mighty fury of the Dwarfs!
    2.The ruler of our foes has turned tail and fled like a coward, rather than stay and face the might of the Dwarfs!
    3.The ruler of the enemy has fled. Press the advantage, drive them back!

Enemy ladders attacking walls

1.Dwarfs, to the walls! The enemy has begun the siege!
    2.We must defend the walls! The enemy has begun the assault!
    3.Sons of Grungni! Drive those ladders from our walls, or we shall not see the next dawn!

Enemy towers attacking walls

1.The enemy has brought towers to assault the walls. Repel the attackers, give them steel!
    2.Enemy siege towers have reached our walls. Destroy them, for the Ancestors!
    3.The enemy assaults our walls with siege towers. It's time for some nice slaughter!

Player leader killed

1.Alas, a great loss to the sons of Grungni. Our leader has been slain by our foes!
    2.Grievous news. Our lord has perished in battle. But do not falter. Avenge his death! FOR THE ANCESTORS!
    3.Our fate is grim. Our lord has fallen to the enemy. Let us avenge his heroic death!

Player leader flees (is it even possible, or the hammerers are unbreakable? They should be, in my opinion )

1.Our cause is lost. Our leader has deserted our kin!
    2.The ancestor gods have deserted us! Our noble lord flees from the battle like a coward, rather than stay and die like a Dwarf.
    3.Dark tidings are these. Our leader has chosen his fate, and it is not to die with axe in hand, but to flee!

Player reinforcmenst arrive

1.At last, we have received aid! The enemy shall be crushed!
    2.We have support at last, attack the enemy, break his resolve!
    3.By Grungni, great tidings! We are not alone in this fight!

Enemy reinforcments arrive

1.The enemy has brought more soldiers. Excellent, more of them to be slaughtered!
    2.Our foe tries to make up in numbers what they lack in skill. Show them the might of the Dwarfs!
    3.We should thank our foe for easing our task - bringing more men to this slaughter, to be cut down!

Players siege towers attack walls

1.With me, my dwarven kin, our towers shall reach their walls!
    2.The siege has begun! The outcome shall be decided by axe and steel!
    3.Our sturdy towers have reached the walls.

Player towers destroyed

1.Alas, our towers fall into ruin.
    2.Our mighty siege weapons have been rendered useless!

Player defeat average (i am not sure if this exists in Med, it was in rome. If not, it could be applied to 'defeat')

1.Alas, sons of Grungni. Much blood has been spillt this day, yet we could not turn the battle to our favour.
    2.Dwarven warriors, take heart! We have sufferd a grave loss this day, but the day shall come again when we shall rise with axe and shield.

Player defeat clear

1.Our efforts where in vain! Sons of Grungni, we have suffered a clear defeat.
    2.The ancestors favour has turned from our kin. A dark day for the Dwarfs.
    3.The sun sets. Many of our noble kin shall not return to their homes. Their sacrifice was pointless...

Player defeat close

1.A fierce fight has been decided. Take heart! Although we leave the field with loss, our enemy has taken up blows from many of our axes.
    2.The battle is over. Our axes proved their metal, yet not enough to give victory to our kin.
    3.My dwarven kin, we have slaughtered many enemies on the field of war, yet not enough to win the battle. We shall fight another day.

Player defeat crushing

1.Alas, no song shall sing of the deeds of the Dwarfs, no tale shall recount our keen axes... A black day...
    2.We have suffered a great loss. But this will not go unavenged. With the help of the Ancestors, we shall erase this grudge!
    3.Our corpses lie scattered on the field. Our blood stains the weapons of the enemy. Sons of Grungni, we MUST avenge this day.

Player victory average (If it not exists, then could be applied to 'victory')

1.By Grungni and all the ancestors, we are victorious!
    2.Bless my beard! A victory for the Dwarfs!
    3.WE have taken the victory. Our enemy has taken losses and flees for the hills!

Player victory clear

1.A clear victory to the sons of Grungni! The enemy lies slaughtered!
    2.By Grungni! The enemy lie dead, or else - fleeing like cowardly little goblins. A clear victory.
    3.At long last, the Dwarfs conquer yet again!

Player vicotry close

1.The fortunes of this war have swayed between us and our enemies. Yet the Dwarfs have claimed a clear victory (a little of propaganda, eh? )
    2.We have proved ourselves yet again. We have taken victory from the grip of defeat!
    3.A close victory to the Dwarfs. Ancestors smile on us this day.

Player victory crushing (heroic)

1.Our enemy has been slaughtered and crippled on this day. Our axes have swept through their lines. Grimnir the Fearless smiles upon us all!
    2.By Grimnir the Fearless, we have crushed our enemies! A great day is this!
    3.Bring out the ale! Our foe shall not return to their masters! Well.. maybe their heads!

Player walls captured

1.The walls are under assault! Slay the enemy with haste!
    2.The enemy swarms over our defenses. Drive them back! For the Ancestors!
    3.The enemy overruns our defense! Reform what warriors are left, we may yet win this day!

Enemy walls destroyed
    1.Their (enemy's) miserable stonework crumbles to dust.

Player walls destroyed
    1.Our walls crumble to dust, we must stamp (I don't know if it's the correct verb, my dictionary says so, but it can have a lot of meanings) the tide (of enemies)!

Uff. Be free to change anything or correct me, and be free also to write your own short-speeches.
    Last edited by LittleDwarf; February 14, 2010 at 04:58 AM.

KainofNosgoth's Avatar Civis

Default Re: In-game events voices

Tell me what faction each event is for and I will try voicing them out!
    My Sig was created by Blackomur89(God Rest His Soul)

Hey KainofNosgoth if you do that you will be my hero.

Hm, if you didn't notice, all above texts by my are for Dwarfs. I am a big Dwarf fan. Actually, our orc one was very good - as good as it can be for non-actor human trying to be an orc for a while . I suppose that you know how Dwarfs should sound, but just give a try someday and I will tell you what i think about it. If you find any mistakes or strange sounding sentences in my text, tell me, becouse English isn't my native language. But anyone can write yourselves event texsts in this thread for each faction if you want.
    Last edited by LittleDwarf; January 06, 2010 at 12:22 AM.

Scipio praeditus's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDwarf View Post
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Allied general is dead :

1.Grievous news for the friends of Dwarfs, their leader has fallen.
    2.Alas, dark tidings are these, our allies leader has perished in this battle.

Allied army flees from the battle :

4.Our allies are nothing more than cowards... They prefer to flee like elves, rather than stay and die with honor!

Enemy army flees

1.At last, we have proved our mettle. The cowards turn, and run from our wrath!

Enemy general/captain killed :

2.The enemy general has fallen. The fortunes of war remain with the Dwarfs!
    3.Our enemy falters. Their leader lies dead, and now we shall make certain that his men will share the same fate.

Enemy general flees :

1.The enemy general flees like the coward he is. He abandons his army to be slaughtered.
    3.The enemy leader has no honor. He flees the field of battle.

Enemy king (leader of faction) killed

1.Great tidings, the enemy has suffered the final blow! Their ruler lies a ruined corpse, for the vultures to feast upon.

Enemy king flees

2.The ruler of our foes has turned tail and fled like a coward, rather than stay and face the might of the Dwarfs!
    3.The ruler of the enemy has fled. Press the advantage, drive them back!

Enemy ladders attacking walls

1.Dwarfs, to the walls! The enemy has begun the siege!
    2.We must defend the walls! The enemy has begun the assault!
    3.Sons of Grungni! Drive those ladders from our walls, or we shall not see the next dawn!

Enemy towers attacking walls

2.Enemy siege towers have reached our walls. Destroy them, for the Ancestors!
    3.The enemy assaults our walls with siege towers. It's time for some nice slaughter!

Player leader killed

1.Alas, a great loss to the sons of Grungni. Our leader has been slain by our foes!
    2.Grievous news. Our lord has perished in battle. But do not falter. Avenge his death! FOR THE ANCESTORS!
    3.Our fate is grim. Our lord has fallen to the enemy. Let us avenge his heroic death!

Player leader flees (is it even possible, or the hammerers are unbreakable? They should be, in my opinion )

2.The ancestor gods have deserted us! Our noble lord flees from the battle like a coward, rather than stay and die like a Dwarf.
    3.Dark tidings are these. Our leader has chosen his fate, and it is not to die with axe in hand, but to flee!

Player reinforcmenst arrive

1.At last, we have received aid! The enemy shall be crushed!

Enemy reinforcments arrive

1.The enemy has brought more soldiers. Excellent, more of them to be slaughtered!
    2.Our foe tries to make up in numbers what they lack in skill. Show them the might of the Dwarfs!
    3.We should thank our foe for easing our task - bringing more men to this slaughter, to be cut down!

Players siege towers attack walls

1.With me, my dwarven kin, our towers have touched their walls!
    2.The siege has begun! The outcome shall be decided by axe and steel!

Player towers destroyed

2.Our mighty siege weapons have been rendered useless!

Player defeat average (i am not sure if this exists in Med, it was in rome. If not, it could be applied to 'defeat')

1.Alas, sons of Grungni. Much blood has been spillt this day, yet we could not turn the battle to our favour.

Player defeat clear

1.Our efforts where in vain! Sons of Grungni, we have suffered a clear defeat.
    2.The ancestors favour has turned from our kin. A dark day for the Dwarfs.
    3.The sun sets. Many of our noble kin shall not return to their homes. Their sacrifice was pointless...

Player defeat close

1.A fierce fight has been decided. Take heart! Although we leave the field in defeat, our enemy has taken many a blow from our axes.
    2.The battle is over. Our axes have proved their mettle, yet not enough to gain victory for our kin.
    3.My dwarven kin, we have slaughtered many an enemy on the field of war, yet not enough to win the battle. We shall fight another day.

Player defeat crushing

2.We have suffered a great loss. But this will not go unavenged. With the help of the Ancestors, we shall erase this grudge!

Player victory average (If it not exists, then could be applied to 'victory')

3.WE have taken the victory. Our enemy has taken losses and flees for the hills!

Player victory close

3.A close victory to the Dwarfs. The Ancestors smile on us this day.

Player victory crushing (heroic)

1.Our enemy has been slaughtered and crippled this day. Our axes have swept through their lines. Grimnir the Fearless smiles upon us all!

Player walls captured

1.The walls are under assault! Slay the enemy with haste!
    3.The enemy overruns our defense! Reform what warriors are left, we may yet win this day!
    Corrected some spelling mistakes and changed a few things, corrections/changes are red, where words are removed you'll find a red underline (scratch that, underlining empty spaces doesn't work, so you'll have to compare the sentences).

Hope you don't mind.
    Last edited by Scipio praeditus; January 06, 2010 at 01:45 AM.
    "The only question that remained was whether the founders knew the final result of their creation, or if they themselves where the victims of a misunderstanding.
    In the latter case it was the duty of any thinking human, to press himself into the front of this depraved movement, to perhaps still prevent the extreme, in the former case the founders of this peoples disease must have been true devils; for only in the brain of a monster - not of a human - could the plan for an organisation take meaningfull form, whose purpose must lead toward the end result of a collapse of human culture and thus to the desolation of the world.
    In this case only battle remained as a means of final delivery, battle with any weapons that the human mind, intellect and will are able to comprehend, regardless, of whom fate would gift with it's blessing."

Of course I don't mind! Not at all! Ba. I THANK YOU for doing this, becouse English isn't my native language and i often make a lot of mistakes in it

Hey LittleDwarf,

Here is my first shot at voicing the Dwarfs!

Tell me what you think... too dark or do you think I should increase the pitch?

I am using an open source audio program called Audacity and it has many cool features.

If anyone else would like to write some In-game events for the other factions, please let me know!

BTW,
    Could someone write some events for Sylvania... I have got alot of good ideas for their voices!

Laetus

I thought it was good, kind of had a Sean Connery sound to it.

Actually I was imagining something like this one : http://www.sendspace.com/file/tqjmxt , but your try is also very good Khain. It is very kind of you to do ANYTHING at all.

Actually I was imagining something like this one : http://www.sendspace.com/file/tqjmxt , but your try is also very good Khain. It is very kind of you to do ANYTHING at all.
    That is quite first attempt ! well done it will add much to the immersion factor! After my Reikland campaign I commence growing masses of facial hair, and pactice stooping

LittleDwarf,

Is that your voice.... if so... well done!

I'll try and see if I can replicate it for the other events!

Wow, that's one is amazing, with a sort of "Dwarf accent" pretty well done.

But the first was also freeking good, nice voice you too.
    “Be aware that if you play this mod, you’ll be addict. Try it at your own risk!”

Here's my version.... tell me what you think...?

randir14's Avatar Ordinarius

I think it sounds good, the only thing is it seems like some of the words are a little drawn out.
    You could also change it so it ramps up in intensity as it changes from surprise (bless my beard) to exhilaration (a victory for the dwarves). It's hard to explain through typing. Sort of like "Bless my beard...A VICTORY FOR THE DWARVES!" Only because right now when he speaks it sounds like he was already expecting to win and is faking his excitement.
    Last edited by randir14; January 21, 2010 at 12:44 AM.

I like this version a lot more, good job, Kain. Keep it up, I really apriciate your work (+ rep for you!) As Randir14 said, you could try to put more emotions to it, but apart from that last attempt is VERY good.
    Last edited by LittleDwarf; January 21, 2010 at 08:59 AM.