Thread: Some interest in this mod

Default Some interest in this mod

RM3 - great work so far - hope one day you get to finish it. It would be a shame, having come this far. Overall I would suggest scaling back your ambition a bit so you can finish a mod you can proud of.

Anyway, I just completed Alex Vanilla and was a little disappointed at the end. It started so well (killing Memnon at sea, Darius falling at the gates of Hallicarnassos, Hephaestion exiled and hunted down, Alex fording a river, 2 armies together fighting outside the walls of Issus) but it ended with a whimper (8 armies lined up outside India expecting some kind of trigger when I took the 30th city - but no).

The MA mod looks great. I checked it out for a few turns. I would definitely consider giving it a serious bending next time I campaign. I have a couple of comments:

-Governors - I never play with the governors-need-to-be-present-to-build-and-recruit option enabled. With this off MA starts with a load of governors that are unable to move in the Macedonian cities - seems a bit odd
    -City happiness - the Greek cities seem way to happy (300% across the board) considering they are living in fear of extermination a la Thebes and only "supporting" Alexander as he has their best men under arms campaigning effectively as hostages. It is nice to have a platform but this seems a bit much (especially if, as other threads have implied, the Persians can't fund their forces well in MA)
    -Elite troops - I am all for the re-rating of the Hypaspists. They were pi** poor in Vanilla and I am glad to see you have given them "elite" stats. However, now that Hypaspists, Phalangists and Companions can all be raised in a turn... and I guess that across the empire... it seems a bit too easy to get elite troops. I though it was a good feature of Vanilla that pretty much the only way to get more Companions was by merc recruitment or building in Babylon. IMHO Royal Hypaspists and Companions should only be able to be raised by Alexander - that would make it more challenging
    -Treasuries - great idea. Shame it is a bit of a workaround but needed as pointed out to avoid having to exterminate every city.

Again, good luck with finding the time. Seems like you are close to having something pretty cool.

Default Re: Some interest in this mod

Thanks for the comments mc_deli. Glad you enjoyed the mod, and sorry that the end was disappointed. We shall seek to improve that.
    RIP Calvin, you won't be forgotten.