Thread: CTD while sieging Pasterum

debux's Avatar Senator

Default CTD while sieging Pasterum

Well, today I got kinda hyped up while watching the first scenes of "Gladiator" (film) so I wanted to start a new Roman campaign (hadn't done one in a while either). So I started the game, did all the stuff and sent two armies in opposite directions, one to the north and the other one south, to siege Pasteurum (or whatever). So while I was waiting it to load, suddenly the loading bar is taking to long, and when I decide to do something the thing crashes to the desktop, with a warning message with this:

"Script error in RTRPE/data/descr_model_battle.txt, at line 1848, column 1.

must add at least one flexi skin model to a declared model group."

What first goes in my head is: damn that steam (never had a problem with a pirate version of RTW, and this must be the 10th problem with the game and modding it) next thing was

I thought I could help you guys at finding this error, but it's nearly 12 o'clock here and my eyes can only be kept open if absolutely focused on the screen. I don't want to screw up the game for not knowing anything either

Got the CTD fix version 2 installed and MC Music Mix installed. What the heck is going on? It seems that a unit texture is missing to assign to the one units that would be present in that siege?

Default Re: CTD while sieging Pasterum

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...20#post5109820
    It`s an old mod. Generally, 9 out of 10 problems have already been covered. It`s just a matter of doing a search here.

debux's Avatar Senator

Thanks, but may I ask why I didn't get this the last time I had RTRPE installed? (like 2-4 months ago)

Perhaps you had the regular version(non mod switch) that time. Or you had the mod switch but did not install the revolt fix. Or you did not fought a battle on the battle map that involved that unit.

Read this, I think that post can help you

Heh. We`ve already went through that.

debux's Avatar Senator

It was that problem with the velite textures. I'm right now about to get into sicily after expelling the greeks from southern italy.

Yeah, it was that before I didn't have the revolt fix (never needed it in like 5 uncompleted campaigns ) so it might explain it. I wasn't that into the forums before.