Page 1 of 28 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mages Council (Sithlord447 Wins)

Default The Mages Council (Sithlord447 Wins)

~SIGN UPS ARE NOW CLOSED, RESERVES ONLY FROM NOW ONWARD~

Introduction

Scientists have recently been astounded endlessly by the New developments and changes in the world recently, massive supplies of Water have flooded over Asia on several occasions unexplained, pushing up forcibly from the ground. Giant boulders and rubble have been seen rushing through and destroying towns is south America, there source unknown.

Various objects have been seen floating in the air strangely, resulting in large casualties where most of the activity has took place, Australasia, objects such as dagger flying through the area at tremendous speeds...then there's the happenings in North America. Where a fire has suddenly started even on the coldest of days, some start on roads, some even set alight to water hydrants, wrecking havoc in the process...

In Africa, an Ice age has visited the continent, much of the land is mysteriously covered in slippery dangerous ice even though the temperature is still hot, the site was unbelievable for many Africans who haven't seen things like this before. Europe has experienced terrible plagues lately too, in the most hygienic of countries in the whole world, lie many in agony after falling ill mysteriously. When medically examined no illness can be found.

And...away from the public eye, in the arctic, lighting bolts hit down on its surface so hard that much of the ice has cracked and divided from each other and the arctic animals have been acting strangely as if they were being brainwashed or being sucked perhaps, into an illusion!

Scientists know there are unexplainable things perhaps even paranormal things happening but are all to happy to reassure the Earth's populace, however, what no one knows is how these awful curses have been placed, except of course, the council of mages.

Sent down from hell and magically controlled by the devil, to wreck havoc on Earth. Success means a life in heaven away from there eternal pains, failure means torture, forever... Why were these chosen one might ask, are they susceptible to magic? A broader mind perhaps? The answer isn't clear, however what is clear is that the devil wants chaos in it's most extreme proportions.

He wants the mages to fight each other, a battle to the death, after all, not everyone can go to heaven, can they? It is inevitable that a fight, an epic war between Evil mages will begin, but who will win?

(Not a great story so sorry about that )

Rules
    Rule 1: Everyone is out for themselves, every character is evil, so its more of a attack whoever you want environment, whilst making friends and pacts in the process.

Rule 2: During the day phase, you vote as normal however you vote to immobilize the player on the night phase, not to lynch them. This game has no lynches but of course, the immobile player will suffer the next night phase when they are rendered an easy target.

Rule 3: During the night phase, you get to do one action against another player, each player will have a range of spells to choose from (depending on what mage you pick influences what spells you get). Once you've picked who you want to target and with what spell, private message me with who you want to attack and with what spell. Don't publicly announce it as it as I would like all attacks to be kept anonymous.

Rule 4: You don't have to attack anyone at night, but it is recommended you do, the receiver won't know you've attacked them.

Rule 5: When a player has been killed I will publicly announce it, at no other point will you be indicated how injured any player is, so think carefully about who you fight.

Rule 6: No role pm quoting, no screen shots, nothing shady, if you aren't sure, ask me before doing a certain action.

Rule 7: You can talk to others to organize co-ordinated attacks, but your victims can't know it was you who attacked them, I aim that all players will try to get pacts, which will leave plenty of room for betrayal also You can talk to players outside of the thread to do this. Tactics are important for this game.

To sign up, pick one of the mages that no one else has signed up for yet:

- Double A (Earth)
    - Johnhughthom (Plague)
    - Captain Blackadder (Illusion)
    - Beefy187 (Shield)
    - Sithlord447 (Undead)
    - l Sith l 5 l DarthWarman88 (Fire)
    - Captain C (Suction)
    - Stildawn (Thunder)
    - ATPG (Ice)
    - DisgruntledGoat (Mind)
    - Master Magic Mage (Water)
    - BlackOmur89 (Poison)

Mages left to choose from: (sign ups are closed)
    Fire Mage
    Water Mage
    Illusion Mage
    Telekinetic Mage
    Plague Mage
    Thunder Mage
    Earth Mage
    Ice Mage
    Botanical Mage
    Mind Mage
    Shield Mage
    Burden Mage
    Teleporting Mage
    Suction Mage
    Poison Mage
    Undead Mage

The mage you pick will be your specialty, first come first serve so sign up quick whilst you have variety!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    REMEMBER ASK QUESTIONS IF YOU AREN'T SURE
    Last edited by Thermal; January 08, 2010 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Adding a note

Double A's Avatar person man

Default Re: The Mages Council

Earth (subject to change)
    Jon had taken Donal and Benjen’s advice to heart: Sam may be fat and pathetic, but he is still a member of the watch, and one of the few black brothers who isn't a rapist or thief. (out of context, this sounds ridiculously racist)
    super awesome music thing | political profile
    GSTK member - Join today! (We're restarting. Again.)

johnhughthom's Avatar Vicarius

Plague please.

Captain Blackadder's Avatar A bastion of sanity

Illusion Mage -
    Patronised by happyho
    Patron of Thoragoros, Chilon
    Member of the Legion of Rahl

Added more mages, you are welcome to stick or change your mage.

In

Shield mage please.

undead mage for me

Quote Originally Posted by Thermal Mercury View Post
    Suction Mage
    ??

Is this somebody who is "magic" in the bedroom?

Indefinitely Banned

Fire Mage for me!

Suction Mage.

It had to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhughthom View Post
    ??

Is this somebody who is "magic" in the bedroom?
    Not quite

It's the ability to suck people into things, with a sort of 'black hole' effect.

Also tornados, hurricanes and typhhons, things that capture people into a vortex.
    Last edited by Thermal; January 04, 2010 at 10:35 AM.

Are we allowed to talk to other players outside the thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain C View Post
    Are we allowed to talk to other players outside the thread?
    Yes, provided you don't tell a person you've attacked them as all attacks must be kept confidential. For your own sake as much as anything.

Good question, I'll add it to the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Yes, provided you don't tell a person you've attacked them as all attacks must be kept confidential. For your own sake as much as anything.

Good question, I'll add it to the OP.
    So the confidentially means two people couldnt coordinate attacks then?

So the confidentially means two people couldnt coordinate attacks then?
    Telling a person you've attacked them is not allowed

After giving this more thought, organizing an attack on someone with other people is allowed, provided the victim doesn't know your the ones who organized it. However whilst you can plan to do something, I hope all players will be using tactics such as these, which leaves plenty of room for betrayal.

Sorry about my wishy-washy rules.
    Last edited by Thermal; January 04, 2010 at 01:43 PM.

What the hell's a suction mage? I have a few ideas, but they all involve me roleplaying as Lord Flasheart. And on that point, what's a burden mage?

Also aren't botanical and poison parts of alchemy not magic?
    Jon had taken Donal and Benjen’s advice to heart: Sam may be fat and pathetic, but he is still a member of the watch, and one of the few black brothers who isn't a rapist or thief. (out of context, this sounds ridiculously racist)

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Not quite

It's the ability to suck people into things, with a sort of 'black hole' effect.

Also tornados, hurricanes and typhhons, things that capture people into a vortex.
    He already had to explain that Double A

Wouldn't that be like a wind mage?

And since this is obviously some sort of dark copy of Golden Sun, I CAST RAGNAROK!

He already had to explain that Double A
    Yeah, get your own jokes!

Bloody Earth Mages, can't even come up with their own funny stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Double A View Post
    What the hell's a suction mage? I have a few ideas, but they all involve me roleplaying as Lord Flasheart. And on that point, what's a burden mage?

Also aren't botanical and poison parts of alchemy not magic?
    For the answer to your suction question look a few posts above.

Burden mages have the ability to weight someone down, either damaging or immobilizing them possibly. Not just physical burdens but mental ones too, potentially making there attacks less successful.

Botanical mages have the ability to protect themselves to a certain degree with as you suggest, alchemical parts. Botanical mages spells will consist of trapping foes in plant walls & launching chloroplast bombs.

Poison mages will have spells that can gradually eat a foe, instead of just at one turn and perhaps more exclusive spells that can inflict massive one time damage, if the conditions are right.

Given that I've given these role such detailed descriptions I guess I should with all, if people want me too, would really like to start with say 10 people, it would just make the conflict that bit more interesting. If anyone here knows people that might play be sure to tell them, 3 more players is where I want to be I've decided, given that I probably won't get many more without talking to people that actually want to play (sig advertisement is mildly successful at best)
    Last edited by Thermal; January 05, 2010 at 10:35 AM.

Page 1 of 28 123456789101126 ... LastLast