Thread: My Dreams

Default My Dreams

When I was younger, I had dreams like every kid. But I always knew that I had to make my dreams a reality. Never wondering how I would make that happen, I have failed to make some of those dreams real. I wanted to be married and have a family. Well, I have been married twice and sadly they did not last. I am now 32 and single. I have come to realize though, that being single is not a bad thing. I have a better view on life now. I found one thing that I really do want and so I have decided to focus all my energy and time into this one project. I have people telling me that I can’t do it. Because of that, I am even more determined to make it happen. My dream? To join the Army. I will be following in the footsteps of my dad and my stepfather. Though they joined at a much younger age, I don’t doubt that I will be able to do it, as well. There are few people that support my decision to do this and for that, I am grateful.

I would like to have the support of all my friends and family, but my family has issues with themselves, therefore, they don’t support each other unless it’s to their benefit, too. I refuse to share the views of my family so they don’t think they need to support my views. And that is their right. But, despite how they feel, I will succeed in this quest. I have thought about this for a couple of months now and I have already started doing everything that I need to do to get started. This is also my New Years resolution. I will no longer let what other people tell me what to do. I will do as I want since it is my life. No one can hurt me anymore. I will not allow them to.
    Last edited by Devilsdaughter77; January 03, 2010 at 02:24 PM. Reason: misspelled words
    The Rat Lady

Default Re: My Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsdaughter77 View Post
    When I was younger, I had dreams like every kid. But I always knew that I had to make my dreams a reality. Never wondering how I would make that happen, I have failed to make some of those dreams real. I wanted to be married and have a family. Well, I have been married twice and sadly they did not last. I am now 32 and single. I have come to realize though, that being single is not a bad thing. I have a better view on life now. I found one thing that I really do want and so I have decided to focus all my energy and time into this one project. I have people telling me that I can’t do it. Because of that, I am even more determined to make it happen. My dream? To join the Army. I will be following in the footsteps of my dad and my stepfather. Though they joined at a much younger age, I don’t doubt that I will be able to do it, as well. There are few people that support my decision to do this and for that, I am grateful.

I would like to have the support of all my friends and family, but my family has issues with themselves, therefore, they don’t support each other unless it’s to their benefit, too. I refuse to share the views of my family so they don’t think they need to support my views. And that is their right. But, despite how they feel, I will succeed in this quest. I have thought about this for a couple of months now and I have already started doing everything that I need to do to get started. This is also my New Years resolution. I will no longer let what other people tell me what to do. I will do as I want since it is my life. No one can hurt me anymore. I will not allow them to.
    Best of luck mate - my advice - give it your best choice but just in case, have some other plans - the police is also a good option. I agree - you go for 100% - even if it doesn't work - you will have given it your best shot.

Sounds like you need some support so I say this to you - go for it mate - from what you have written I can tell you have something inside - go try it, if it does work out, you still have the quality to do try something else - you will adapt.

Have a beer on me mate

Henri (seantpage)
    Kardinal of the Khurch of Kong
    Author of the Official Zombie Handbook - due out in mid-2010
    http://www.ministryofzombies.com/
    http://severedpress.lefora.com/forum...s-and-authors/