Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Balrog

Default Re: Balrog

Quote Originally Posted by Twist of Cain View Post
    Compared to humans is probably better. Since orcs were made from elves, they're quite likely also magical as well as immortal, though "corrupted," the definition and extent of which is up to debate... For instance, Azog was killed at the Battle of Azanulbizar in 2799, while Bolg was killed at the Battle of Five Armies in 2941. Bolg was the son of Azog, meaning he had to be born before 2799. Do the math, and we can deduce Bolg's minimum age would have to be 142, if not more. In addition, if orcs rule through might, then we can also deduce that Bolg was in prime condition to be chieftain at his age, whatever it was.

The goblins who capture the dwarven band in The Hobbit appear to recognize "Beater" and "Biter," Orcrist and Glamdring, though those swords were lost after the fall of Gondolin in 510 of the First Age. And in the Two Towers book, Shagrat and Gorbag have a conversation that implies they may remember events as far back as the First Age as well...
    WOW, your knowledge about the history the middle earth is sincerely impressive if you can remember all that! I didn't know that orcs were based on elves! Curious as I am, I'm going to search about the beginning of the middle earth, the first age That's interesting and very immersive. +rep
    By the way, was "beater" the sword of Bilbo?

newt's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by moimeme View Post
    Sting

Orcrist (Thorin Oakenshield's sword) is Biter, Glamdring (Gandalf's sword) is Beater.
    Last edited by Athalwulf; January 05, 2010 at 02:19 AM.

In the unit description it strongly suggests that the balrog who fled to moria is the last surviving one... surprised to see 10 of them running around. Must be pretty crowded in there

To the guy who said olag hai/trolls can rape them well I made a custom battle and the opposite happened. They took plenty of casualties though the bals definately had the edge on them

I'd like to see just 1 Balrog, but extremely strong.

WOW, your knowledge about the history the middle earth is sincerely impressive if you can remember all that! I didn't know that orcs were based on elves! Curious as I am, I'm going to search about the beginning of the middle earth, the first age That's interesting and very immersive. +rep
    That orcs were based on elves is also told in the movies.

It also states that orcs were created by Melkor in one of their unit descriptions... I think orc band. Another thing I love about this mod, you can learn so much about middle-earth.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    I'd like to see just 1 Balrog, but extremely strong.
    Me too, but the minimum of a unit is 10 or the game crushes.

I could suggest making him like an elephant or something and adding 10 "invisible" people on him.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Yes, 1 only.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Me too, but the minimum of a unit is 10 or the game crushes.

I could suggest making him like an elephant or something and adding 10 "invisible" people on him.
    It's actually 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Seleukos_I. View Post
    It's actually 4.
    Depending on the unit size you play on yes we know that

It's 4 for huge so 4 is the maximum minimum () and not 10.

Kamakai's Avatar Biarchus

Meaning?
    Hes made of fire, pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakai View Post
    Hes made of fire, pretty much.
    And? Why should he be less powerful when it's cold? He still remained his flames so there is no reason he would be weak.

Kamakai's Avatar Biarchus

And? Why should he be less powerful when it's cold? He still remained his flames so there is no reason he would be weak.
    Joke...
    Last edited by Kamakai; January 06, 2010 at 06:12 AM.

Just found the balrog in my campaign. Wiped out one of my field armies near Moria, killed my faction heir and took a city. Why are they allowed to join field armies and go on the attack? This one unit has brought my entire campaign to its knees. Get rid it, or sort it out, or something. Plus...10 balrogs? It just looks stupid and undermines the generally polished finish to the whole mod. Very disappointed with this addition.

IMHO no way should there be 10...

I feel your pain PB, i really do. I`d rather have no Balrog than 10..

It's a cool addition to the game. I don't mind there being more than one for the moment, it'll get sorted out.

Quote Originally Posted by Twist of Cain View Post
    It's a cool addition to the game. I don't mind there being more than one for the moment, it'll get sorted out.
    How?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast