Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Questions for TATW

Icon5 Questions for TATW

Well i was playing Custom battle, and it says something like" You havnt picked the size of your army and your units will not do their best performances" oR something close to that, So i was wondering how to pick your unit size.

And when i was playing TATW Campaign then on turn 30 Gondor found the one Ring and then i had a allience with Gondor and Silven elves, And the Gondor went crazy and destroyed Mordor, Isenguard,dwrarves,all bad guys, and all elves, all of them. I tried to make an alliance with them, then i captured Adaras from them then i offered to give it back to them for an alliance, But wtf. They Attack Edaras, and destroyed me as Rohan. So is it when someone captures the Ring they break all alliances and destroy everyone. In about turn 60 gondor wins. So idk if its suppose to happen.

And what annoys me is when you guys put King Theaglen, instead of KING THEADON. AND BOIMER AND FAIMER SHOULD BE WITH MINIS TIRITH GENERALS. And idk, its fine just annoying. So please tell me how to change army size, and why The person who finds the ring goes bezerko.

Default Re: Questions for TATW

Some people have been reporting that Gondor (and Dwarves) go ape- on everyone else since 1.4... 1.4 was just released recently, it'll get ironed out.

Oh btw, the timeline starts some decades or so before the movie's timeline.

Icon4 Re: Questions for TATW

Fine with me, just letting the Admins no about this, Np anyways

Ellin Athinaios's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Aragon45 View Post
    And what annoys me is when you guys put King Theaglen, instead of KING THEADON. AND BOIMER AND FAIMER SHOULD BE WITH MINIS TIRITH GENERALS. And idk, its fine just annoying.

HOW DO I MAKE MY ARMY HUGE

Quote Originally Posted by Aragon45 View Post
    HOW DO I MAKE MY ARMY HUGE
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

But seriously,

In C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age

You will find a file called

TATW.cfg

Edit this file, and find a line that says,

unit_size = normal

(Might not say "normal," I have mine set to that because you can't fit 50,000 men on a 30 foot battlement.)

Change the "normal" or whatever it says to. Um... "Huge" I think.

So how do i do this.

Actually the error you got was that you had selected too many troops and your computer couldn't handle it. So making your armies larger is the last thing you want to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by ♔IPA35♔ View Post
    Drugs are not very popular AFAIK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Actually the error you got was that you had selected too many troops and your computer couldn't handle it. So making your armies larger is the last thing you want to do.
    Ah! I was trying to figure out what that message was supposed to be. "Performance" should have given it away, I guess.

I spotted it because I get that message pretty much every time I do a custom battle. =(

Aragon, you might want to go back to my instructions, and instead of changing that part to huge in your file, change it from huge to normal. That will reduce the number of men in all units but also help your computer's performance with all the lag and whatsits.

You can set unit size in options -> game settings. It's not as pro and fancy as editing the cfg file but it works.

Ah, I thought TATW.cfg overrides it when you start the game again, but I could be mistaken.

Iirc, in RTW, when you change unit scale mid campaign any new units use the new scale while the already recruited ones keep the old one. I don't know how is it in M2:TW but tbh I assumed he'd start a new campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean=A=Luc View Post
    Iirc, in RTW, when you change unit scale mid campaign any new units use the new scale while the already recruited ones keep the old one. I don't know how is it in M2:TW but tbh I assumed he'd start a new campaign.
    Yeah, I think you're right about that.

What I meant, though, is that changing unit scale from within the game menu, even when you are running TATW, changes your default vanilla preferences in medieval2.preference.cfg. The TATW.cfg file will override that when you run TATW, setting your preferences back to "huge" until you edit the TATW.cfg file.

In RTW you couldn't change the unit sizes in the middle of a campaign, of that I am fairly certain.

Muffer Nl's Avatar Praefectus

Yes that cannot be done in M2TW as well.

Glowbal's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Jean=A=Luc View Post
    You can set unit size in options -> game settings. It's not as pro and fancy as editing the cfg file but it works.
    Just be aware that if you use this option (which I do myself), it will reset every time you start the game.
    I have to play on small, most of the time (when I use more as 4 players, lol), and every time it jumps back to huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    In RTW you couldn't change the unit sizes in the middle of a campaign, of that I am fairly certain.
    I'm pretty sure I did it in 4th Age: TW which is a RTW based mod but w/e. My memory could be wrong I guess.

Wait..the ring grants you powers now in the campaign i thought they weren't implementing that..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast