Thread: Factions becoming eliminated too early?

Icon9 Factions becoming eliminated too early?

Hi.

I am playing a game as Sylvania, and have encountered a disappointing problem. While playing, on turn four the Goblin High Shaman (i.e. faction leader) wanders through my lands with only himself and his immediate bodyguards. So I set off to try and capture him so he could be ransomed, but unfortunately we killed him on accident so no ransom - unfortunately he was the last family member of the Goblins so I inadvertently destroyed the Goblin faction in that one fell swoop. Well crap.

Two turns later the Dwarf King wanders through, following the Goblin King's lead he had no soldiers beyond his own little retinue of bodyguards. Once more I rode out to try and capture him and once again accidently killed him before I could capture him so I was out on the ransom. Unfortunately, the Dwarf King was apparently also the last of his line, so in the span of three turns I eliminated two factions from the game with the cost of literally two horsemen killed in the fighting.

I don't know if anyone else is encountering this problem, maybe it's just some wild fluke of nature. However, for future versions of the mod I believe that it might be smart if you expanded the family trees of factions to have two or three more males each, possibly just by including the existing generic 'General' characters into the family tree, like Elec or Istvan von Carstein for Sylvania (why isn't the latter already in the family tree? His last name is von Carstein...)

Anyways, just trying to be helpful. I'm really enjoying this mod and love the Warhammer universe, so I'm doing all that I can to improve Call of Warhammer.

cedric37's Avatar Why Not ?!
    Patrician Citizen

Default Re: Factions becoming eliminated too early?

Yes, it seems that heirs are not as numerous as it should.
    In my game, orcs were the 1st military power and they have been eliminated suddenly, i presume for the same reason.
    This has given the empire a breath of fresh air and they are stronger now, but the balance is somehow corrupted.

There was an identical issue in TATW 1.3, you could rush on Moria and kill the Ootmm faction in 1 attack.
    I think there should be a bigger familty tree to start with, in order to avoid that.
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

Default Re: Factions becoming eliminated too early?

And before anyone says 'Well just leave their family members alone!' let me just head that off by saying that just ignoring the roving Faction leaders is a poor solution. At best they're just a nuisance blocking troop movement, but if the King of the Dwarves shows up and besieges my capital all by himself I'm hardly going to just sit there and watch him starve its defenders to death. And besides, there is no insurance policy to make sure that other factions don't knock off each other's lone family members.