Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Intro video that replaces the current game intro RELEASED!!!

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Default New Intro video that replaces the current game intro RELEASED!!!

Do you wish this video was included in the game!? Well here it is, modified and formatted to become the game's intro movie! Instead of seeing the Nvidia video when you start your game, you'll see the cool new Warhammer intro video!

DOWNLOAD!

INSTRUCTIONS

Getting prepared to download

1. Open your "teutonic" folder. Open the "warhammer.cfg". Go to where it says "[video]". You'll see a line called "movies= false". Change the "false" to "true".

It should now look like this
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    movies= true

2. Quit and save the .cfg file

3. Open the "data" folder. In there, you'll find a folder called "fmv". Open that.

4. OPTIONAL (this disables the Russian Teutonic video. This new Video replaces the Nvidia logo)- Open the "faction" folder. You'll see a file called "teutonic_game_intro.bik". Rename it to something else (ex teutonic_game_intro2.bik)

Downloading the new vid

1. Open the "New Intro.zip" file (from download link). Extract the "logos.bik" to the "fmv" folder I told you to open.

2. Run the game and enjoy the intro!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    This is my first time converting a video, so I apologize if it's of poor quality

PS: Please let me know how you guys like it.

CREDITS
    Thanks to the TOBOE and the Warhammer team for creating such an awesome and outstanding mod. No other mod for any of the Total War games has gotten me to go as far as to convert their intro video into their mod and spend three and a half hours trying to make it look better! Because of this, my mod editing skills (and video conversion skills) have improved. Thank you!

I really hope you guys didn't mind me going ahead and doing this. I just got so excited.
    Last edited by The Holy Pilgrim; January 02, 2011 at 04:30 PM.

Valiant Champion's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: New intro video

Thanks for dat!!

BETTER PIKES
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...2#post16143112

THE PIKE WARS HAVE BEGUN!

Citizen

Default Re: New intro video

It should be done in about 30-35 minutes. Once that's done, I'll upload the instructions and the video.

Update: 22 miutes remaning

2nd Update: 14 minutes

3rd Update: 5 minutes!

DONE!
    Last edited by The Holy Pilgrim; December 31, 2009 at 02:50 PM.

Citizen

Default Re: New intro video RELEASED NOW!!!

Forgot to let you guys know, but if there are any bugs with this or any of my other sub-mods, I'll be happy to help

Citizen

Default Re: New Intro video that replaces the current game intro RELEASED!!!

How do you guys like the new intro in-game? I'm anxious to hear your replies

looks good but I wonder if all the other videos need to be renamed so they wont get activated.

Also where is the gunther battle video?

It is obviously not in fmv database or it would not have played when movies were on false?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

reply update:

I have mark of chaos game and went into it and took its intro.ork movie, copy pasted to fmv folder of mod.

changed name and extension to logos.bik and presto!!! I have mark of chaos intro.

I don't have a way to upload something like that to a filefront and it may even be illegal for distribution but for personal use it worked out pretty good.
    Last edited by Valiant Champion; January 01, 2010 at 11:42 AM.

BETTER PIKES

Quote Originally Posted by Valiant Champion View Post
    looks good but I wonder if all the other videos need to be renamed so they wont get activated.

Also where is the gunther battle video?

It is obviously not in fmv database or it would not have played when movies were on false?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

reply update:

I have mark of chaos game and went into it and took its intro.ork movie, copy pasted to fmv folder of mod.

changed name and extension to logos.bik and presto!!! I have mark of chaos intro.

I don't have a way to upload something like that to a filefront and it may even be illegal for distribution but for personal use it worked out pretty good.
    The Gunther battle video is in the event sub folder. The Gunther battle video is named First_Crusade.bik
    Crusade and Jihad videos will always play when the event is triggered and is independent from the setting in the .cfg you cannot stop event and other videos from playing the only videos you can disable are the initialization videos (logos, game intro) the only way to disable event videos and other types of videos is to physically remove the file from the folder by deleting it and I don't advise that. Well, you can edit the data files and remove the part where the game looks to find out which video is for which event....

I have only one word to describe it:

AWESOME!!

albeit a low-res one, but I don't mind.

Btw, I would like to know the name of the theme you used. Is it by Immediate Music? X-Ray Dog?

Citizen

What do you mean by theme?

And sorry about the low-res. It isn't the best, but it's far, far, far better than the first time I tried to convert it.

he means the music of the intro

Citizen

Oh, I have no idea

This is the movie they need here. But it will need a music over and permissions I suppose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P06MWz1ox2o

BETTER PIKES

it would be cool if each faction has his own intro movie for the campaign like in third age

Awesome

Citizen

Thanks

I got the video to work and all but theres no sound when it works yet if I continue on to the main screen the sound works perfectly...

However, when I view the file using RADtools, which has a component that works with .bik files, I can see and hear the video but the video is off centered.

Citizen

Hmm... The sound works for me. Did you follow the instructions to the letter?

No, because I had to change the title to game intro and not logos otherwise it don't work at all.

EDIT: I just checked the instructions. I did follow them to the letter.

Citizen

If you don't change the video to logos, the sound doesn't work for some reason. That's why I said to make the video's name be "logos.bik"

I've got the same problem. When it's named logos.bik nothing is being played. When renamed to teutonic_game_intro.bik there is only video.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast