Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Roma Surrectum II Presents: The Gallaeci Unit Preview

Default Re: Roma Surrectum II Presents: The Gallaeci Unit Preview

Awesome preview guys, it was great to see this beauty after a whole night of partying.
    So who long till we can play this beauty.

Tesla's Avatar Senator

haven't been behind a pc for a few days because of new year and stuff... but one awesome preview

Thank you for Carthagian preview) Great work, as usual.

I have one question. One one battle pic is noticed that the masked galleaci unit is fighting in very tight formation. A formation that is suited maybe better to the spearmen not to units carrying small shields. Is that their definitive formation?

xhaxhi Skenderbeu

Petroniu's Avatar Domesticus

Nice work guys! I like the fact that you work based on so much historical documentation, and people can see exactly from what you began your work and can truly admire your work ( and I hope soon can play with it ). RS was one of the great mods of twcenter, but RSII will be the greatest. Great work!

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Shqiponja_Hayabusa View Post
    I have one question. One one battle pic is noticed that the masked galleaci unit is fighting in very tight formation. A formation that is suited maybe better to the spearmen not to units carrying small shields. Is that their definitive formation?
    Well, you can always change the formation to 'lose' if you want - I know one of thea beta testers appears to do this all the time as it reduces damage from missiles and keeps more AI units engaged while they are flanked.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Mmm, this might be my first campaign. Nice units, the maps looking a lot better than in previous iterations (coastlines ) and the location of course. Keep up the fantastic work, gents.

sweheet

cocobongoclub-DJ's Avatar Pčre fourmois

Another great preview, and original one.
    Do you have seen this ? http://www.tunadesantiago.com/andres...s-galaicos.htm
    catw is about to release the celtiberians, EB has chosen the lusitanians, and you the Galicians. But no mod has yet chosen the true "iberians" of old descent (i mean eastern iberians). Perhaps an idea for a future mod ?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Under the Noble Patronage of Agisilaos
    CATW Modeller skinner since 2006, now retired - Proud grandfather of Classical-Age Total War, the ancient world in 300 bc...
    http://www.ancient-battles.com

Quote Originally Posted by cocobongoclub-DJ View Post
    Another great preview, and original one.
    Do you have seen this ? http://www.tunadesantiago.com/andres...s-galaicos.htm
    catw is about to release the celtiberians, EB has chosen the lusitanians, and you the Galicians. But no mod has yet chosen the true "iberians" of old descent (i mean eastern iberians). Perhaps an idea for a future mod ?
    No I haven't seen that. Very interesting colours on there.
    Last edited by tone; January 17, 2010 at 05:42 AM.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

looks great ill be sure to play them

Parzival2211's Avatar Ducenarius

RS2 definitely features the most beautiful units and landscapes in any RTW game and mod. Great job guys.

Only one thing: maybe take another look at the helmets of the "Iberian Scutarii". They don't look so real - just a suggestion.

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

I like Arverni, Carthage and most units of the Gallaeci... some could be better... Iberian Scutari could be better indeed! So could Iberian Elite Scutari (the helmet should be plain, or with some motifs... in any case not like the armour because it ruins the colour balance), Iberian Infantry Ambakaro (not the best colour balance) and a few others...
    No offence! I truly respect what you did so far... It's just that I really like warriors from ancient Spain and their falcata swords.
    I wish we could have seen something similar to the vanilla bull warriors. Very nice helmets and very bad temper!
    Last edited by Visarion; April 07, 2010 at 06:36 AM.

Souka's Avatar Semisalis

Is that Sacred band hoplites in the battle shots?

yes

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Taelok's Avatar Senator

Will the Sacred Band have their helmets raised in the released version? This was after all an artistic expression, not actually something used in battle as far as I know.

Only dream I ever have. Is it the surface of the Sun?
    Everytime I shut my eyes, it's always the same.

They will - these aren't Corinthian helmets, they're pseudocorinthian helmets, designed to be worn just like that

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

I think that Iberian Infantry Ambakaro would look much better with silver helmets, masks and armour instead of golden ones and with a dark grey mantle instead of a light grey one just like Europa Barbarorum's Lusotonan Elite Cavalry if you know what I mean and I think you do!
    Last edited by Visarion; April 07, 2010 at 06:40 AM.

Medulio's Avatar Laetus

Nice work. Well done. But the galaic tribes donīt have falcatas... and this preview must to be named: The Galaics and The Iberian factions.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123