Thread: Problems with online play

Default Problems with online play

For some reason me and my friends can't play together in the same room,well, I can't!

All three of us have a Steam version of both the original and the expansion game. They both have routers and are able to play either in LAN or on gamespy, yet whenever i try to play in LAN with them i can't even see them in the room, much less their games. The same happens in Gamespy,i see them there and i can talk with them, and i also see their rooms, but when i try to enter one of their games i get a "Nat collection failure" or something, while if i do a room they get a "no response from server". I'm able to join a lot of regular games with strangers, but if i'm in a certain room, they can't enter it, same thing with them, if one of them is in a room, i can't get in.

How do i fix this?

Default Re: Problems with online play

Anyone??

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Routers have been a problem in Empire and Steam. The Empire and it seems a carryover from Medieval2 is it uses You would have to search for it a few months back in Empire Tech forum but it has something to do with the protocol version. CA uses one still used in my lan chip on my motherboard but the new routers use a new version. There have been a couple of complaints there of having to trade their fancy routers back in for dsl modems to be able tp play online.

So what you're saying is that i should look for a solution in the Empire total war tech forum?

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

It would not hurt. I don't own a router but there have been complaitnts there.

In the top right cornor is a search button. click it, type router and check the results. Your answer may lie in there.