Thread: How do you enable Hotseat?

Liandro's Avatar Miles

Default How do you enable Hotseat?

I've tried placing another persons .cfg file and despite all the changes it had on it, none of them worked, it wouldn't let the game start. So I had to revert to the original.

To be specific I would like to have it similar to Stainless Steel 6.1 hotseat, where if I wished I could choose any # of factions and play them differently on the same computer. Well sometimes my wife likes to join in and I would be pleased to know if this is possible, to play with/against her on the same computer on hotseat. Is it possible? And if so specifically what do I need to change or is there a simple file that I can snag from someone here and insert it into my folder to make it happen? Thank you in advance for any help.

Default Re: How do you enable Hotseat?

Just put this above [ui] in your .cfg text file and it should be set.

[multiplayer]
    playable = true
    hotseat_turns = true
    hotseat_scroll = true
    hotseat_autoresolve_battles = 0
    hotseat_disable_console = 1
    hotseat_disable_papal_elections = 1
    hotseat_save_prefs = 1
    hotseat_update_ai_camera = 0
    hotseat_validate_diplomacy = 1

[hotseat]
    admin_password =
    turns = true
    scroll = true
    disable_console = true
    disable_papal_elections = true
    validate_diplomacy = true
    autosave = true
    save_prefs = true
    update_ai_camera = true
    save_config = true
    autoresolve_battles = false

Happy new years,

~Merlox
    Abit tired now...

Default How do you get hotseat mode ?

I want to play the offline hotseat mode on 1 computer with my mates, how do i find this as its not in the multiplayer options in BC. I'm i looking in the wrong place or do i need to do something to get it ?
    The King over the water!

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Default Re: How do you get hotseat mode ?

Check one of the stickied threads. It was dug in among other threads but I stickied it. I hope it will work for you.

Under the patronage of m_1512

Where can we find the .cfg?

EDIT:Ok I got it to work, so now I have multiplayer but I have to access it through the Grand Campaign, is there a way to have the hotseat option in the multiplayer area, rather than me having to go to the Grand Campaign? Because now if I want to play Grand Campaign single player it acts as if its a hotseat game, and its a bit annoying.

Thanks for your help
    Last edited by Commander Ruunu; May 20, 2010 at 04:01 AM. Reason: double-post

For Broken Crescent hotseat how do you edit the CFG file so you can defend against the AI in battles, not just have them autoresolved?

Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    Where can we find the .cfg?

EDIT:Ok I got it to work, so now I have multiplayer but I have to access it through the Grand Campaign, is there a way to have the hotseat option in the multiplayer area, rather than me having to go to the Grand Campaign? Because now if I want to play Grand Campaign single player it acts as if its a hotseat game, and its a bit annoying.

Thanks for your help
    I am having a similar problem. Can someone PM me to help me out with this Multiplayer thing. I want to create play a multiplayer game via email so I can create an AAR if that makes any sense...But also my campaign is playing like a single computer multiplayer.

"Just put this above [ui] in your .cfg text file"

I don't know a whole lot about this stuff, so where/how would I do that?

hi is still dont get how to do the hotseat mode on 1 pc, can someone pm me or explain it please,

can you explain ?