Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: General Suggestions topic

Default Re: Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by cedric37 View Post
    This is not good and evil but corruptible humans and chaos; and i guess humans are weak by nature and can be corrupted so an alliance with Chaos (or vassalage) why not ? It is just my opinion though.

For the high elves, i agree completly they are quite useless at the moment in any of my campaigns. Do they have "prefer sea invasions" thingy activated ?
    Not to sound crude here but it's not realistic. Vassalage is basically Chaos telling the Empire "Stroke me off and I'll spare you and in exchange I'll leave you alone." But that's not Chaos's style. Chaos is more like "Let me kill you first, get my rocks off on you, and move on." So Chaos wouldn't be interested in vassalages because in the end somebody was given up as a potential onslaught and Chaos is always looking for someone to kill.

Comes Limitis

Vanilla Ottoman huge cannon for Dwarfs or better yet an remodeled version. My mate got one as a led model btw.
    Quote Originally Posted by snuggans View Post
    we can safely say that a % of those 130 were Houthi/Iranian militants that needed to be stopped unfortunately

PSIHOPAT's Avatar Senator

Also light artillery for they.

less damage against buildings but devastating against infantry.

I told that...they need exceptional artillery with very long range and precise in shooting, for forcing enemy to attack them.

cedric37's Avatar Why Not ?!
    Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Outlawstar15a2 View Post
    Not to sound crude here but it's not realistic. Vassalage is basically Chaos telling the Empire "Stroke me off and I'll spare you and in exchange I'll leave you alone." But that's not Chaos's style. Chaos is more like "Let me kill you first, get my rocks off on you, and move on." So Chaos wouldn't be interested in vassalages because in the end somebody was given up as a potential onslaught and Chaos is always looking for someone to kill.
    I have to disagree here, it is all a matter of vocabulary. Instead of vassalage, use the word, fallen into corruption and all is ok. This faction that is chaos's vassal has been corrupted by Chaos and it is absolutely not against the lore.

Plus Chaos is not killing all people, if it did that, it won't have any soldier left fighting by its side; so obviously it spares lives. Moreover with your assertion, player should have no possibility but to execute prisoners and exterminate populations when playing Chaos, and it is not the case in-game.

I believe Chaos is more interested in corrupting humans and asserving them than actually kill them. Of course if it cannot corrupt or asserve you, it will kill you instead
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

PSIHOPAT's Avatar Senator

I suggest some animations from berserker's(RTW) for some units....because are reeealy great....puuure maaadnes!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSIvByt8o78
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9VBe...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCmnH...eature=related
    Last edited by PSIHOPAT; January 05, 2010 at 03:05 AM.

Unless the animations are available in Medieval 2, too, it might be illegal to use them.

Quote Originally Posted by cedric37 View Post
    I have to disagree here, it is all a matter of vocabulary. Instead of vassalage, use the word, fallen into corruption and all is ok. This faction that is chaos's vassal has been corrupted by Chaos and it is absolutely not against the lore.

Plus Chaos is not killing all people, if it did that, it won't have any soldier left fighting by its side; so obviously it spares lives. Moreover with your assertion, player should have no possibility but to execute prisoners and exterminate populations when playing Chaos, and it is not the case in-game.

I believe Chaos is more interested in corrupting humans and asserving them than actually kill them. Of course if it cannot corrupt or asserve you, it will kill you instead
    But Chaos only spares you when they think you can be of use to them in their conquests such as with Fabius Bile receiving protection from the Chaos Space Marine Legions or the use of Chaos cultists as cannon fodder and meat shields in WH40K (I'm not perfectly clear on how Chaos cultists are used in WHF.) Chaos never picks you because they realize they need to spare someone in order to survive. The only entity in Chaos I think is aware of what would happen if Chaos had it's ultimate victory is Tzeentch. And I'm not too sure to what lengths he's willing to go to use said information.

You know there is a conspiracy theory in WH40K that usually rides along with the one from Legion which concerned the Alpha Legion. The Tzeentch conspiracy theory states that while Tzeentch fights against the enemies of Chaos he is also secretly working to sabotage the actions of Chaos as a whole because he realizes if Chaos wins he will be destroyed along with the other Gods and that he is setting plans in motion to prevent any of the Chaos Gods from being destroyed in the Great Game. The last part of the Tzeentch conspiracy theory is that Tzeentch secretly plays dual roles in the war against mortality. He hates and looks down on mortals but at the same time weaves plots to maximize their suffering AND prevent them from being wiped out it is unclear whether these specific plans are working however the theory basically ends leaving one with the suspicion that Tzeentch is playing the double agent role and that he is playing both sides of the street.

Speaking of Chaos. is there any chance we can get a colour change for the core units? just in the sense of Khorne core units (chaos chosen, maruaders, chaos knights, ect) would have some red on them, and the same goes for Nurgle in green and the other two, mainly because i got attacked by fellow chaos factions and in the battle because the core units all have the same colour scheme i was having a real tough time working out which ones were mine and which ones were the enemy. Just thought i would throw the suggestion out there.

I would also suggest changing the Chaos faction voice set away from French, not that ive got anything against the french, its just i have a hard time taking Choas seriously when they talk french, i guess i just always picture chaos talking more..dark and deep. haha.

Also i think the Elves need a tune down on colour as i believe someone else mentioned earlier in the post, their colour scheme makes them look a little too cartoonish and sometimes even hard on the eyes.

And this isnt something for now but maybe a future release along the lines of when/ if the Skaven and Dark Elf factions ever get released, but pehaps adding the possability for a civil war amongst the Empire factions? maybe doing something which could lead to the winner of a battle or defeat of Reikland as the new Emperor. Though i dread to think the scripting that would be needed for something like that, but still its always nice for those of us who like the option of making a civil war for ultimate domminance of the Empire.

But im rambling on now, overall im loving the mod, its shaping up to being my favorite, im looking forward to seeing what the final updated product is going to turn out to be.

cedric37's Avatar Why Not ?!
    Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Outlawstar15a2 View Post
    But Chaos only spares you when they think you can be of use to them in their conquests such as with Fabius Bile receiving protection from the Chaos Space Marine Legions or the use of Chaos cultists as cannon fodder and meat shields in WH40K (I'm not perfectly clear on how Chaos cultists are used in WHF.) Chaos never picks you because they realize they need to spare someone in order to survive. The only entity in Chaos I think is aware of what would happen if Chaos had it's ultimate victory is Tzeentch. And I'm not too sure to what lengths he's willing to go to use said information.

You know there is a conspiracy theory in WH40K that usually rides along with the one from Legion which concerned the Alpha Legion. The Tzeentch conspiracy theory states that while Tzeentch fights against the enemies of Chaos he is also secretly working to sabotage the actions of Chaos as a whole because he realizes if Chaos wins he will be destroyed along with the other Gods and that he is setting plans in motion to prevent any of the Chaos Gods from being destroyed in the Great Game. The last part of the Tzeentch conspiracy theory is that Tzeentch secretly plays dual roles in the war against mortality. He hates and looks down on mortals but at the same time weaves plots to maximize their suffering AND prevent them from being wiped out it is unclear whether these specific plans are working however the theory basically ends leaving one with the suspicion that Tzeentch is playing the double agent role and that he is playing both sides of the street.
    Well you seem to know very well your subject so i won't object; you made good points, my friend
    I also found it weird at first that a diplomat from Talabecland offered me a ceasefire and it was so funny to turn this country as a vassal. But i also found normal that Chaos did not have any diplomat.

@JHDROCKER: How come france is not dark and deep ? It is complete chaos there you know ? Strikes everywhere.... Yes chaos, man (to take to the 99th degree... and BTW i am french)
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

I have to agree with whichever person mentioned that the scripted stacks need to come down in number. I was playing a campaign and encountered an attack from Chaos undivided that could only be described as full on prison rape. There was absolutely no chance, not even a 1% chance, of winning--and even if it WAS possible to survive it would only be through autoresolve as my comp probably wouldn't handle 4 enemy stacks plus my own. Maybe you could compensate by making it so that 2 stacks attack 5 player cities, etc. That guarantees grim circumstances as you couldn't possibly save every city without cheating massively, but it still allows the player to continue playing and try their utmost to turn the tides.

I don't know if missions can be modded or not, but it would also be good if there were missions to relieve the siege of an allied city. Maybe that could even be worked in to the script in such a way that allies come to your aid when you have a double stack sieging your city.

Other miscellaneous suggestions include making gates stronger (takes the enemy 5 seconds to get in), more forts in strategic places, and more sea attacks by enemy factions.

How come france is not dark and deep ? It is complete chaos there you know ? Strikes everywhere.... Yes chaos, man (to take to the 99th degree... and BTW i am french)[/QUOTE]

I stand corrected then haha, it sounds like pure madness!

~Beren~'s Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Byz View Post
    I have to agree with whichever person mentioned that the scripted stacks need to come down in number...
    Another possible alternative is to change the units that are included in the spawned armies. I may not have sufficient knowledge of Warhammer fluff, but I remember reading somewhere that marauders make up the bulk of a chaos force. But the armies that spawn consist mainly of chaos warriors. Around 60%, in fact. For me, it was not so much a problem of being outnumbered, it was a problem of being outnumbered by elite, hard-to-kill troops. So, I opened up the campaign_script.txt and lowered the number of Chaos Warriors while increasing the number of marauders. The ratio of marauders and chaos warriors that form a spawned chaos army is now 2:1 from the vanilla 1:3.

Took me quite a while to change every army in that script (a good portion of an hour non-stop), but I'm pleased with the results.
    You'll still have a hard time repelling the chaos horde, but at least defeat won't be certain.
    Last edited by ~Beren~; January 05, 2010 at 07:27 PM.

I've managed to repel the early chaos invasions around turns 5 or 6 every time so far, though admittedly with great difficulty. So great infact that, on one memorable occasion, my only forces remaining were literally my Faction Leader, his son, the Black Guards of Morr captain with one Black Guard of Morr (this is four individual soldiers, not four units of 30-60 soldiers each) plus ten halberdiers.

Pretty epic I must say, and somewhat satisfying if you win. I've been unable to stick with a campaign long enough to get to the later day invasions by Chaos Undivided, which might very well overwhelm me but so far I have to say that the initial invasions feel 'right'. Though, admittedly I feel as if there may be too many 'Knights' (i.e. armored horsemen like Chaos Knights or Mounted Khorne Chosen) as oppose to foot soldiers. Normally you wouldn't use horsemen when assaulting a city or fortifications, but the Chaos are lucky in that they get two armies that spawn on opposite sides of the city so I, invariably, just concentrate my defense on the city center which nullifies the disadvantage that cavalry would historically suffer when attacking a city since I can't put barricades or obstacles in the city streets, or rush out from side alleys to ambush or surround and cut down cavalrymen, a constant danger to real-life horsemen throughout history.

So to sum it up, less heavy cavalry in the attack-your-city-as-soon-as-we-spawn stacks.

why not give to the stacks just 1 hellcannon, 1 unit of chaos knight besides the general bodyguards, 3 chaos warriors and the rest marauders units while they are divided??

Majority of the armies that spawn actually have at least 3 chaos warriors in my script (one or two regulars, and two faction's chosen). I didn't touch the other units since I love the difficulty these massive chaos warbands brought to the game. But I do admit, I got a little frustrated at losing almost every battle and not having the chance to assist my allies due to my forces being constantly overwhelmed by these elite units.

What I'm suggesting is that in future patches the developers might consider reducing the amount of chaos warriors (possibly even knights) in favor of more marauder-centric warbands.

Hey Beren do you mind telling me which file do I have to change to alter the composition of the warbands? Also could someone tell me how to change the movement/run speed of units? I posted it as a suggestion for skeletons but I'm pretty sure it will never happen. So I would like to do it myself.
    And something else. Does the script at the end of this file descr_projectile change the accuracy of artillery? I changed the cannon's accuracy (as it says) vs infantry and I had the same results: useless artillery!!!!

Cheers.

I'm not sure your run speed idea for Skeletons is a great idea Drill. For one I don't think movespeed has any bearing on autoresolve battles so, unless you are directly facing Sylvania on the battle map it won't change the game balance at all, and besides you'll probably get bored once you see how easy it is to beat them with skirmish units or cavalry.

Course if you wanted to release a submod that might be interesting, but you might want to increase the Skeleton's armor to reflect the resistance to projectiles being solely skeletal would probably afford you.

Well my friend you may be right. I just want to see how it works. I have several ideas about this mod. Some of them may never be a part of it in future releases. So I would like to personalise the way I play the game a little bit. Thanks anyway.

Well if you do manage to try it out then let us all know, because it does seem like kind of an interesting idea even if on paper it doesn't look like it'd work. Who knows, maybe it'll be so cool I'll eat my words in a week? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by drillmaster View Post
    Hey Beren do you mind telling me which file do I have to change to alter the composition of the warbands?
    teutonic\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\campaign_script.txt

Search for the word "warrior" and it should direct you to the first in a long line of spawn groups within the script.

A fair warning; if you plan to change every single chaos warband, it's going to take quite a long time.
    I finished in about an hour working on it non-stop. (Yes, I can be very... focused.)

However, I could share my script if people are interested.
    Last edited by ~Beren~; January 05, 2010 at 10:15 PM.