Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: General Suggestions topic

PSIHOPAT's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Valiant Champion View Post
    Give !!!!ALL!!!! units with rune engraved or otherwise "blessed" armor or unnatural resistance to injury. 2 or 3 hit points.
    Blessed armor not mean exceptional armor ?

If this "blessed" warriors will have double of maximum plate armor...is not good?

That mean...20-22 plate armor.

Is enormous for defense,especially if they will have shields...and i think...they,with this armor and 1 hp,will smile in the face of any challenge from the battlefield...but should be careful against gunpowder and magical weapons(ap).
    Last edited by PSIHOPAT; January 03, 2010 at 08:00 PM.

Valiant Champion's Avatar Praepositus

Only Nurgle chosen has 2 hit points. All Chosen and even chaos warriors should have 2 hit points.

BETTER PIKES
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...2#post16143112

THE PIKE WARS HAVE BEGUN!

Yea...maybe they can deserve little more health....after all,they are not pure humans...

Couple of suggestions -

Mercenaries: The current recruitment for mercenaries is far, far too limited, mercenaries should be more plentiful and varied - especially up in Chaos-land. Also, if it's at all possible I think that the current 'pay 5,000 and recruit a general and three units of his soldiers' is an amazing idea and should be expanded on wherever possible. Even to the point of making up heroes or pulling out obscure ones to lead these forces. Currently the Empire has something like six or seven mercenary companies that they can recruit, Dwarves have one or two, as do Orcs, and Chaos only has one. I think Sylvania needs some love here, and more chaos-themed mercenaries for the Northern factions would be great.

Unit Balance, Halberd vs. All: It seems to me that the Halberd units are very powerful soldiers, and outshine their sword or spear-wielding counterparts. I've seen this time and time again where as an Imperial facton all of my swordsmen will get absolutely mauled and cause only an average number of casualties to the enemy whereas the halberd-wielding men will often take fewer losses and double, or even triple the casualties inflicted by their swordsmen allies. You can also see this when comparing the Grave Guard swordsmen and halberdiers.

Sylvania: Overall I have to say that I'm very happy with this faction overall. The unit variety is great, and the skins are beautiful - I especially like the ability to recruit 'Imperial Troops' as a reflection of Sylvania's origins, and offers a ton of flexibility on how you want to play your campaign incase you don't want to muddle through with undead troops. I definitely think that the family members and generals for Sylvania need to get a big boost to dread, perhaps by adding '+10 Dread' to the 'Vampire' trait that already exists. I know that seems over the top, but in all of my games Mannfred and his ilk are the pictures of chivalrous, honorable knights with 7-10 chivalry just from sitting around in their castles all day. You need +10 dread at least to balance that out. Also, it doesn't seem like family members or generals have their own model to differentiate them from their bodyguards, which is annoying to say the least and somewhat disappointing since every other faction has a special model for their faction leader. Definitely need something so it's easier to spot your general in the fray.

Electing the Emperor: Since lore-wise the Grand Theonogist was elected by three people (whose titles I forget), the 'College of Cardinals' seems like a poor way to reflect the Grand Theonogist's successor's elevation. Instead, I think that we could do some research into seeing if we can script it so each faction in the Empire always has one 'Cardinal' and this counts as an electoral vote towards the new Emperor rather than Theonogist, that way if Karl Franz dies you can accurately depict the succession that might have occurred in that eventuality. I understand that this might be a bit out there, but using the college of cardinals to 'elect' your faction leader to the position of Emperor as well as supply him with traits and other bonuses seems like a worthwhile thing to consider and look into.

Imperial Factions: I think that you should give them a sort of cheap melee cavalry, like the 'Mounted Empire Swordsmen' that we see defending rebel Imperial cities but is, as far as I know, unbuildable by the Empire factions. Furthermore, the 'Storm of Chaos (and Orcs)' that spawns on the various Imperial provinces is working pretty well right now, but at the same time I think that the AI-controlled Imperial factions get overwhelmed too easily, especially since there is basically a 99% chance of them losing their capital to the Chaos or Orc-spawned hordes the moment they appear.

Speaking of Events: It seems that in the greater scheme of things that Sylvania and the Night Goblins don't have much of a place in the context of the larger war going on. Maybe I just haven't played far enough into the game yet, but as far as I know neither of those two factions has an event which spawns them onto an enemies' province, or spawns an enemy onto them so, unless a crusade happens upon you, you can pretty much sit by your lonesome and watch things unfold. Should definitely look into finding these two factions stuff to do while the game goes on.

Dwarves: I've only played them a little bit but I agree with previous posters that they could definitely use a little bit of beefing up to compensate for their total lack of cavalry (not being able to chase routing enemeis is a killer). Gunpowder and artillery could use some work here.

Elves: Names need a lot of work, especially for their two cities that they begin with (cities which should maybe be changed to castles instead?), and I agree with previous posters that alot of the Elven units seem a bit underpowered, and that the Elf skins need alot of work. In general they appear a little bit too colorful, or even if they should be colored the shades of the colors used are too ugly. In my opinion there should definitely be more whites and silvers and ruby adornments, less of that vomit-colored yellow and that obnoxious blue.

Khorne: Without any real knowledge of lore in either support or against what I'm about to say, the Khorne Chosen and Khorne Knights dual-wielding axes and/or swords seems weird to me. I think that two-handed axes, or even really jagged looking axes with shields would fit in better. I agree with a previous poster who says that the Chaos factions need more lance-wielding cavalry for the charge bonuses, provided it wouldn't mess with balance too much.

Playing as the nurglites and I have to say that chaos factions need a rework on names. With Nurgle followers in particular it might be good to follow Diabloesque forms of naming such as "gutrot the obscene", etc.

I think the mod team has done an excellent job representing the different factions and races overall. Im very glad they are being pretty strict to the fluff. Also the armies have a play style very similar to the table top game.

I agree with someone else that said the Blood knights for vampire numbers should be a little smaller but at the same time not too small for those of us that play small unit sizes. They are about right though concerning power though as they are one the nastiest units in fluff and on the table top. Im not a big fan of the foot version blood knights although they do look awesome. I wouldn't mind if they got rid of that unit and added other things like direwolves, fellbats, ghouls, varghulf monster unit and a chariot type unit either corpse carts or a black coach. I saw zombies and wraiths in the text files and I assume they will be implemented later. I really like how they play currently ( tarpit crush with black knights-Bloodknights ) but I think the core units could be toned done slightly. Just a tad though. They are my favorite faction along with orcs & goblins.

for dwarfs I saw a organgun and flame cannon in the text so they will get a power boost when that is implemented. Perhaps they could add a gyrocopter to give them a devastating fast shooty unit. Other than that I find them just about right.

Orcs & goblins and night goblins are awesome orcs especially maybe a little too awesome though. I think it's cool they gave them 2hp but no access to weapon or armour upgrades. The only suggestion besides adding units that I saw that probably will be implemented later is thier morale could be lowered slightly for regular orcs. It's a tad too high now.

I have a question does the berserk ability from RTW still exist in kingdoms and can it be implemented? If so I think all savage units and perhaps khorne and bloodknights should have it to represent frenzy better. What exactly does warcry do? just up a units attack/morale for a period of time? If so that ability would better represent Hatred while frenzy/berserk would make your units less controllable it's very fluffy to give them the berserk ability. It would make you have to screen them from being baited and would be similar in mechanics to how frenzy works on the table top.

@PSIHOPAT
    I have to say the idea of giving NG's guns and cannons is a pretty bad idea concerning fluff. Maybe as a exotic dogs of war type unit. IIRC at one time 3rd ed or something WHFB goblins had access to a cannon unit but even that was very rare and I can't remember if they actually had the unit or it was a brief mention in fluff. They definently don't have access to any gun powder type weapons in the current 7th. ed fluff. So it really would be out of place. Personally I think they should just add the trolls and some giants and if they can figure out how to give them fanatics that would be good. They are already have some pretty unique units Squigs herds and hoppers and netters and with the addition of trolls, fanatics and giants that will be enough IMO.
    Last edited by Gork Or Mork; January 04, 2010 at 02:57 AM.

I blame a lot of imbalance on too much ease of upgrades in cities. I believe a unit should earn its exp. not be given it. If that is the case than why even save units to retrain them? Also exp upgrade is still broken from mtw2 and a lot of money can be wasted trying to repetively train a unit up with exp upgrade.

BETTER PIKES

Quote Originally Posted by Byz View Post
    Some work on the "crusade" ai might be needed. I've noticed that a lot of the empire factions send a stack that is almost completely empty. They may or may not have a number of units, but if there is any number of units they are mostly depleted. I was attacking Drakenhof on a crusade and my ally on the field was just the faction leader from another empire faction. In fact, I noticed that a lot of the crusades/jihad functions have the order and chaos factions sending their faction leaders and/or faction heirs. Probably not a great situation since they get totally molested when they arrive at the target.
    It might help if the AI (and the player) could recruit crusade onyl units like in Vanilla. Flagellants and Warrior Priests come to my mind.

Here are some other suggestions after finishing my first campaign:

- Pistoliers should be less recruitable (like greatswords). There are elite units in the WFB army list and shouldn't be so plentyfull.
    - The High Elfs AI needs a fleet to ferry it's troops from the starting island. It just sits there with two fulls stacks in my game.
    - Diplomacy needs a rework. There shouldn't be any peace treaties between Chaos and Empire for example. I think there was a submod for TATW which managed to make peace between good and evil impossible by changing the strategic AI rules. On the other hand it should be possible to have diplomatic relations between Dwarfs and Empire for example (so you can help them with money or tranfering cities).

cedric37's Avatar Why Not ?!
    Patrician Citizen

This is not good and evil but corruptible humans and chaos; and i guess humans are weak by nature and can be corrupted so an alliance with Chaos (or vassalage) why not ? It is just my opinion though.

For the high elves, i agree completly they are quite useless at the moment in any of my campaigns. Do they have "prefer sea invasions" thingy activated ?
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

~Beren~'s Avatar Primicerius

After playing this wonderful mod for a couple of days, I think it's time I point out some... problems.

Empire AI: Weak. After turn 30 or so, most of the Empire factions have all been wiped out. They don't seem to be aggressive enough or powerful enough to even have a chance at repelling the scripted Chaos and Ork invasions. If one of their cities get captured, they just huddle around their remaining cities without making an attempt to retake the one they just lost. It gets worse when the Chaos factions unite to form "Chaos Undivided" and a dozen or more stacks appear throughout the Old World. I know that the Empire is suppose to be in a position where Chaos has them by the neck, but at this rate...

High Elves: As High Elves, I tried helping the Empire by sending as much stacks as I can, but those Chaos warriors/knights would just chew through my units.. As people already mentioned before me, the Elves need a little buff. Also, I'm not sure if it's intentional, but I can't upgrade captured settlements north of my main province. Limiting me with only two provinces which can produce new units. This has seriously crippled any support I can give to my Imperial allies. As soon as I finish a stack or two, a script is triggered giving Chaos 5 or more.

Orks: After playing 3 campaigns, I've had 2 in which the Orks were completely wiped out around turn 15. I thought it was due to the Dwarves successfully conquering their provinces, but when it happened a second time (random turn), I was curious enough to use toggle_fow. What I saw was a big gray (Rebel) area at the bottom right side of the map. The Dwarves didn't conquer the Orks. It's as if the Orks just... quit.

I think it has something to do with the number of family members. Adding more should fix the problem.

Traits: This is something that always bothered me. My Elven characters always start off with little to medium loyalty and always have dread. I always thought that the Elves would be the most chivalrous of all the other factions. Even if some are chivalrous, after a few battles, they develop dread traits - I always ransom my prisoners. Also, this is one is quite strange, I've seen a number of Ork generals with high chivalry and loyalty. I think you may have the factions switched

A better trait system that makes factions feel and act like they would fluff-wise would be nice.

One more thing, it seems that building a number of structures for your settlement increases your general's chivalry....a bit too much. I have an Elven general governing the fort in Norsca who had +3 dread. After building a few structures, he now has +2 chivalry.

Diplomacy: Apparently, you can't initiate diplomatic talks with your enemy. Which is good, I suppose. But if an ally betrays you, it just ruins the atmosphere of the game. I've had Kislev assault one of my armies which I sent to help them against Chaos. I wanted to propose peace and make them my allies once again, but I don't have the option to talk with them. Also, in one of my campaigns, two of the Chaos factions went to war with each other ending with the annihilation of one of them. Not a big deal since they eventually become one big mega faction, but it ruined some of the scripts for the campaign.

I know that in some mods they configured diplomacy so that it would be less likely for good factions to attack each other etc. Something like that for this mod is a must, IMO.
    Last edited by ~Beren~; January 04, 2010 at 03:16 PM.

Icon7 Re: Suggestions

Hi,

You might want to add something like this to your Moddb profile:

English Forum: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1377

Russian Forum: http://empiretw.ru/board/index.php?showforum=73

Just so that those of us who find this mod via Moddb know where to go to get mod support and all the lastest news.

Werebear's Avatar For Mother Russia

Quote Originally Posted by essi2 View Post
    Hi,

Just so that those of us who find this mod via Moddb know where to go to get mod support and all the lastest news.
    we havent moderators rights in Moddb...

Okay, then how about adding it at the bottom of the Moddb news articles? (Assuming you have the rights to post articles)

Okay, then how about adding it at the bottom of the Moddb news articles? (Assuming you have the rights to post articles)
    we just can post as other users...

Ah, well everyone will just have to do their best to inform new additions to the fanbase then

Hi,

isilendil 1hour 30mins ago says:
    2nasosmanaris
    Idiot, i told here 10 times, all our support for english users only in Twcenter.net

BETTER PIKES

2Valiant Champion

that was after this and some posts before

nasosmanaris 22hours 41mins ago says: And after that because they cannnot to fix the problems they will desappear!!!!

nasosmanaris 22hours 43mins ago says: I told you guys they will get out the game with many problems

This address can be useful for developers...but not only...

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...tion+animation
    Last edited by PSIHOPAT; January 04, 2010 at 08:23 PM.

I have a suggestion limit the number of Chaos stacks in a scripted battle to one. Besides the fact that having three full stacks ensures you'll lose the city it also crashes a PC due to graphics. I have a pretty beefy PC but it can't handle three full Khorne or Tzeentch stacks plus whatever I have. The game will crash usually with a graphics related error and then I have to go back in and attempt to quit the battle again. Also give me the option to auto resolve or fight the battle no use in me loading the battlescape screen in either case if failure is assured.
    Last edited by Outlawstar15a2; January 04, 2010 at 08:21 PM.

If you are going to be toying around with invisible riders and crews in the future it will be a priority to design a burning animation to connect with invisible models to avoid crashes on fire deaths.

BETTER PIKES