Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: General Suggestions topic

Default Re: Suggestions

It would only take a single Chaos Space Marine, armed with standard equipment, to rape... The Empire, Kislev, the Dwarves, the Orcs and Goblins, the Tomb King armies, the Vampire Count armies, Cathay, Albion, Ulthuan, Norse Tribes, Beastmen, and any other faction or power you can think of. And if I'm not mistaken CSMs Bolters use magical warp blessed rounds that in some cases materialize out of the Warp so no running out of ammo and if he did run out of ammo it's simple, he could use his fists, teeth, and other parts of his body to finish the rest off.

Chaos Space Marines in WHFB is the worst idea I heard, in terms of advancing a story or mod, as the whole Cain killing Abel episode. I mean did he really think he was gonna get away with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Outlawstar15a2 View Post
    It would only take a single Chaos Space Marine, armed with standard equipment, to rape... The Empire, Kislev, the Dwarves, the Orcs and Goblins, the Tomb King armies, the Vampire Count armies, Cathay, Albion, Ulthuan, Norse Tribes, Beastmen, and any other faction or power you can think of. And if I'm not mistaken CSMs Bolters use magical warp blessed rounds that in some cases materialize out of the Warp so no running out of ammo and if he did run out of ammo it's simple, he could use his fists, teeth, and other parts of his body to finish the rest off.

Chaos Space Marines in WHFB is the worst idea I heard, in terms of advancing a story or mod, as the whole Cain killing Abel episode. I mean did he really think he was gonna get away with it?

Uhm A Cannonball is still a cannonball no matter what armour your wearing...

And magic would be a solution observe
    "Ha ha I am deadly Chaos Marine!"

"Ha Ha I am Lord Mazamundi Fall through a hole in the earth dumb ass!" (casts spell)

Shoot coward! You are only going to kill a man!

Hm, I am only wondering if anyone from the team is ever going to read this thread

PSIHOPAT's Avatar Senator

Suggestion as a question :

Is a bad idea if we split Orcs in two factions..?...black orcs with some black dressed goblins as light infantry...and green skin with some goblins,but other than black orcks.

Black orcs to be less in number,but with best orcish armors,using just crossbow for range and having just bodyguard and one another one unit as cavalry.

Grey skin can be more weak in defense,larger in number,but dangerous in attack plus ability of warcry for most of them...an mobile army,with wolf riders,boar riders and many archers.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Edit : also a little crazy/fun idea for making night goblins even more unique from others...weak but very dangerous...

Night goblins are weak,but is know about their stile of taking enemy equipment from fallen soldiers and using it.They can have one script like in america campaign(apache)...allowing them to equip some units with firearms.Also they can be unable of having catapults...but later,they can use some cannons/artillery, from defeated enemy.

The script can allow them to train wolf riders with pistols ,hybrid goblin units with pistols shields and swords ,and cannons with goblin crew.Also their generals can use wolfs as mounts,because are much faster,and later can change their bows with pistols.
    Last edited by PSIHOPAT; January 03, 2010 at 05:55 AM.

After playing the mod for a while I have some things to add.

Empire.
    Thay are generally OK as they are right now. However retinues must be changed. Karl Franz cannot have a magic staff for instance. Change the name or remove it(bad idea). Pistoliers need a shorter range and better damage to compensate for this. And here's an idea. The regular priests NEED a new skin. However they must be named Imperial Priests or something. WARRIOR Priests are another thing. They could be made a unit with a ton of hitpoints and 10-12 men using the chant special ability the Aztecs have. I would never use them in my armies but they would look nice. Inner Circle Knights must be renamed into Household Knights or something. Counts and Generals have nothing to do with Knightly Orders. Lastly I would like to see more Grand Masters apart from Helborg.

Dwarfs/Chaos
    Make their most powerfull units smaller. There is no reason to have 60 chosen in a unit when an Imperial unit numbers 60 men too. Perhaps meke them better and reduce their numbers.

Undead
    I believe skeletons should be given the same run/walk speed. Undead armies are shambling masses of rotten corpses. They don't run for whatever reason. However they would need greater numbers to balance the extra casualties taken from missile fire and the lack of charge bonus. In addition I would like to see Vampire generals with more hitpoints and more dread. Is there a way for them to be given dread instead of command when they win a battle? Zombies must be introduces too. And what about Wraiths?
    Blood Knights units foot and mounted SHOULD be smaller. There can never be so many vampires in an army.

High Elves
    They generally need better skins. Lothern Sea Guards should not have bows on their backs. After all they don't use then ingame.

Warmaschines
    Please find a way to make them worthy of having in an army. They are utterly and completelly useless right now. Only the Volley gun can do some damage. I tested 20 empire cannons with top veterancy against a horde of marauders and NOT EVEN A SINGLE CANNONBALL hit them. The grapeshots killed a few but the crew members killed the most. Come on!!! Cannons also need to be 2-3 per slot. Like the Volley gun.

Other stuff
    The team of TATW has made a great job in eliminating the rebels and those stupid 2-3 unit armies that roam the land with no purpose. Please if you could make use of these additions to this mod, that would be great and it would tidy up the map a bit.

That's it for now. Great job on the mod guys. Keep up the good work and I hope someone sees what the community says.

See now I was thinking of adding MORE rebels and making them rebels with purpose--not just stand around armies. They could actually prove entertaining if scripted properly.

Rebels within the empire interior could be chaos converts/heretics/etc
    Rebels on the eastern/southern edges could be orc and undead raiders
    Rebels in the north could be dark elf raiders (until a faction is implemented)
    Rebels in chaos lands could be empire adventurers--you know the armies that we have an opportunity to recruit as the empire? Maybe making the chaos factions defeat them as a prerequisite to the human player recruiting them would be useful.

To be honest I have no problem with rebels . My problem is the incomplete stacks all over the place. For example there are always 2 or 3 enemy armies in my lands consisting of 2-3 units that do nothing. They are not rebels. Thay are from another faction and really annoy me.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by drillmaster View Post
    After playing the mod for a while I have some things to add.

Empire.
    Thay are generally OK as they are right now. However retinues must be changed. Karl Franz cannot have a magic staff for instance. Change the name or remove it(bad idea). Pistoliers need a shorter range and better damage to compensate for this. And here's an idea. The regular priests NEED a new skin. However they must be named Imperial Priests or something. WARRIOR Priests are another thing. They could be made a unit with a ton of hitpoints and 10-12 men using the chant special ability the Aztecs have. I would never use them in my armies but they would look nice. Inner Circle Knights must be renamed into Household Knights or something. Counts and Generals have nothing to do with Knightly Orders. Lastly I would like to see more Grand Masters apart from Helborg.

Dwarfs/Chaos
    Make their most powerfull units smaller. There is no reason to have 60 chosen in a unit when an Imperial unit numbers 60 men too. Perhaps meke them better and reduce their numbers.

Undead
    I believe skeletons should be given the same run/walk speed. Undead armies are shambling masses of rotten corpses. They don't run for whatever reason. However they would need greater numbers to balance the extra casualties taken from missile fire and the lack of charge bonus. In addition I would like to see Vampire generals with more hitpoints and more dread. Is there a way for them to be given dread instead of command when they win a battle? Zombies must be introduces too. And what about Wraiths?
    Blood Knights units foot and mounted SHOULD be smaller. There can never be so many vampires in an army.

High Elves
    They generally need better skins. Lothern Sea Guards should not have bows on their backs. After all they don't use then ingame.

Warmaschines
    Please find a way to make them worthy of having in an army. They are utterly and completelly useless right now. Only the Volley gun can do some damage. I tested 20 empire cannons with top veterancy against a horde of marauders and NOT EVEN A SINGLE CANNONBALL hit them. The grapeshots killed a few but the crew members killed the most. Come on!!! Cannons also need to be 2-3 per slot. Like the Volley gun.

Other stuff
    The team of TATW has made a great job in eliminating the rebels and those stupid 2-3 unit armies that roam the land with no purpose. Please if you could make use of these additions to this mod, that would be great and it would tidy up the map a bit.

That's it for now. Great job on the mod guys. Keep up the good work and I hope someone sees what the community says.
    You have very good points my good sir

Another point the team should consider is making the Imperial alliance unbreakable. Why would they fight each other? Something like the Good vs Evil submod for TATW.
    And it would be nice to see the flags above each unit removed. They cover a large area and you lose all the fun during battles.
    Cheers
    Last edited by drillmaster; January 03, 2010 at 10:29 AM.

cedric37's Avatar Why Not ?!
    Patrician Citizen

Chaos has no diplomat (ok) and no assassins (maybe ok as they are not very subtle) BUT no spies either.
    It is very hard when playing chaos to find out settlements, sometimes i just pass nearby and miss them which give funny results (backstabbed). So i send my priests as spies but they suck at it (lack line of sight). Could chaos be granted some spies ?
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

I suggest to be used abilities "hide in long grass","hide forest" and "bonus in forest" => for few special units from some factions...

with the purpose for making some factions even more different from others...not just in design,but also in tactics from the battlefield...

Quote Originally Posted by PSIHOPAT View Post
    Suggestion as a question :

Is a bad idea if we split Orcs in two factions..?...black orcs with some black dressed goblins as light infantry...and green skin with some goblins,but other than black orcks.

Black orcs to be less in number,but with best orcish armors,using just crossbow for range and having just bodyguard and one another one unit as cavalry.

Grey skin can be more weak in defense,larger in number,but dangerous in attack plus ability of warcry for most of them...an mobile army,with wolf riders,boar riders and many archers.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Edit : also a little crazy/fun idea for making night goblins even more unique from others...weak but very dangerous...

Night goblins are weak,but is know about their stile of taking enemy equipment from fallen soldiers and using it.They can have one script like in america campaign(apache)...allowing them to equip some units with firearms.Also they can be unable of having catapults...but later,they can use some cannons/artillery, from defeated enemy.

The script can allow them to train wolf riders with pistols ,hybrid goblin units with pistols shields and swords ,and cannons with goblin crew.Also their generals can use wolfs as mounts,because are much faster,and later can change their bows with pistols.

Just a question but do you actually play warhammer?

Well, Nightgoblins steal and use equipment.. But they won`t create whole pistolier units.

Yeah but a seperate army for Black Orcs, a Night Goblin with enough brains to use a Cannon accurately?

And Night goblins as light infantry for a Black Orc force...

Quote Originally Posted by Lordinquisitor View Post
    Well, Nightgoblins steal and use equipment.. But they won`t create whole pistolier units.
    Can be fun that.

I can just imagine few goblin units with pistols,large shield and swords.

The script can make one trick => can summon few of this special units at the capital,just after they kill enough enemy with pistols,or after killing crews from enemy artillery.

one infantry unit with pistols killed => summoned one of this special goblin infantry unit.
    one cavalry with pistols killed => one unit of wolf riders with pistols sumoned
    one unit of artillery killed => one summoned,with goblin crew

I think...this will make night goblins,very very special from others => funny/interesting/dangerous
    They are weak but they are clever,not just large in number.

This units must have lower accuracy...but..after all...they use gunpowder,and all gunpowder weapons are dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by DoomBunny666 View Post
    Yeah but a seperate army for Black Orcs, a Night Goblin with enough brains to use a Cannon accurately?

Black orks with black goblins...other orks with other goblins
    Last edited by PSIHOPAT; January 03, 2010 at 02:12 PM.

They arent clever though, cunning yes but not clever they would be terrible with artillery the Empires and Dwarfs gun crews spend years training to be effective with their pieces and besides a goblin coulnd even lift the cannonball...

Hah, this is quite bad since Grimgork the leader of the Black orcs despised goblins and he didn`t use any but as siege operators.

However; Maybe a 3rd Orc Faction could be added, after all: The Wild orcs. Those could slow down the expansion of the normal orcs.

Savage Orcs are already in game...

Personally I think there are enough 'skins already...

They arent clever though, cunning yes but not clever they would be terrible with artillery the Empires and Dwarfs gun crews spend years training to be effective with their pieces and besides a goblin coulnd even lift the cannonball...
    I told...they can be less accurate...and...they can load cannons without problems => one human can do that,but goblins can be 3-5 for this job

they have enough number to build fortress...loading a cannon is a piece of cake.
    Last edited by PSIHOPAT; January 03, 2010 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PSIHOPAT View Post
    I told...they can be less accurate...and...they can load cannons without problems => one human can do that,but goblins can be 3-5 for this job
    But you can`t represent that goblin artillery explodes in 99.998% of the cases.