Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: General Suggestions topic

cedric37's Avatar Why Not ?!
    Patrician Citizen

Default Re: Suggestions

Hmmm, maybe it is as designed... If you play a Chaos faction however, it is piece of cake (since i play Slaanesh as undivided chaos, the game is a little bit too easy). But they are like mongols, they destroy all in their pass. The only thing that could stop chaos is coordinated action from all empire and other factions.
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

Some other things I noticed now that I gave a few other factions a play:

The blood dragon knights are maybe a bit too over the top with their decorations. Maybe adjust it so that not all of them have a dragon figurine on their helmets? Just my opinion and maybe others like it as-is. I'd personally like it if only an officer accompanying the unit had the fancy helmet.

The plague-bearers... they're pretty darn awesome. The only thing I can't figure out is their projectile. Do they spread the effect caused by cow carcass in the regular MTW2? That boosts your own units' morale? Maybe the unit description explains and if so I'll just wait for the translation.

When winning a battle it still says something about all Christendom being amazed at the victory--seems out of place.

Not sure if it's doable, but you obviously have some graphical talent on your team. Maybe make the watchtowers appear on the campaign map the way they appear in the picture where you select to build them?

Nurglings would be amazing if they were possible. I notice that dwarves are smaller than your standard sprite; maybe it's possible to go even smaller? You could even implement them in the same way war dogs were implemented in RTW by just having a plague-bearer able to release a number of them.

I like the forts placed here and there. It could add depth to the gameplay if there were detailed missions to take more landmarks with suitable rewards. I'm not sure if that is a part of the game that can be sufficiently modded, though.

Keep up the good work.

Lore wise the only hope of destroying Chaos is Malal and if in destroying Chaos he destroys himself but then his power will grow because hes destroying Chaos and he is Chaos so he needs to die as well etc... its very complicated so I think the game is very accurate in its depiction of Chaos, although one thing I will say is I think that Plaguebearers range attack is a little pointless 1 missle doesnt do that much or are there side effects that I havent noticed....

Shoot coward! You are only going to kill a man!

hi my suggestion are the next:

-give to the ork boys, spears and arre boys a better attack in close combat, cause they dont have any armor upgrade and cost more than other regular troop (not including the high elves) actually i think give a 10 of attack to the ork boys, 8-10 for the spear boys and for the arre boys 7-8 is ok, the rest of the orks units are ok

- like the other suggestion above give the orks unit already mention at least a upgrade armor of cooper or silver

-in the scrip invasions of chaos reduce the amount of chaos warriors (tha include haldberds, knights and chosen) and change them for marauders units and give just one hellcannon for stack or reduce the ful stacks that appear (for example in turn 16 in karaz) to 3, i know that is storm of chaos but i think while they are divided (the four gods followers) they dont have too much power like they can have if they become undivided

nwm
    Last edited by Valar; January 01, 2010 at 07:45 PM.

PSIHOPAT's Avatar Senator

I suggest to be used this file for Warhammer for even better visual atmosphere in battle.

They are from Deus lo Vult.

Two of them don't even exist in Warhammer :descr_particle.txt & descr_particle_new.txt

Edit : Also i suggest to be created one sticky topic with the name "Little mods that work for Call of Warhammer"
    That mean => mini-mods from other Total War mods,compatible for Warhammer
    Last edited by PSIHOPAT; January 01, 2010 at 08:39 PM.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Two things

1. Is it save-game compatible?

2. What do those do exactly?

PSIHOPAT's Avatar Senator

They are save game compatible.

This files just reduce/disable effect of blood clouds at the impact of projectiles...and/also...dust is present in the battlefield when the soldiers run...and smoke from firearms look better.

It is something..."small"...but this small things make battlefield to look better.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Cool, I'll give it a try tomarrow

randir14's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by PSIHOPAT View Post
    I suggest to be used this file for Warhammer for even better visual atmosphere in battle.

They are from Deus lo Vult.

Two of them don't even exist in Warhammer :descr_particle.txt & descr_particle_new.txt

Edit : Also i suggest to be created one sticky topic with the name "Little mods that work for Call of Warhammer"
    That mean => mini-mods from other Total War mods,compatible for Warhammer
    Thanks, I tried to use an older smoke mod but it didn't seem to work. I'll try the ones you posted.

My suggestion is : improve Dwarven armies. It is not that I am dwarf maniac... okay, I am, but thats not the point. According to lore, Dwarves have the best armours, weapons and artillery in the known world, and vere naturally very strong and though. That should make them ideal soldiers. Here are my suggestions :

1. Improve Dwarven Thundereres. They are, in my opinion, too weak as for the race who designed powder weapons as a whole. In addition, dwarves have very low mobility, so their ranged units should recompense that. You could increase the cost slightly to make balance.
    2.Improve Ironbreakers. Damn, they are ELITE troops clad in GROMRIL armor. Their armor stat should be highest of all, as the durability of gromril is nearly as diamond. Maybe also give them 2hp, but improve the cost. They are elite. And gromrill armor. In my opinion, they should be powerfull.
    3. Give dwarfs more artillery. They are world-famous for their skills as engineers and what? They have only one cannon. Give them organ gun, maybe flame gun if possible, gyrocopter, goblin hewer. Dwarven artillery should be the most dangerous of all, becouse according to the lore they were masters of engineering and secondly, they should have something to recompense their very low mobility.
    4.Also, i heard that there is and options for catapults to fire explosive amunition. It should fit well for dwarven grudge thrower.
    5.Improve dwarven infantry troops, maybe at cost of numbers or cost. Dwarven warriors stats are : attack 6, defense 13. Empire swordman stats are attack 6, defense 11. That is riddiculous to me, when you notice the fact that Dwarves are naturally stronger, thougher and make better armour and weapons than humans. In addition to that, Empire warriors are ussualy age 16-45 while the dwarven are at least 40, sometimes even beyond 100 (Longbeards)

Please, do not think that I am writing this only becouse i am dwarf fan. I want this mod to be balanced, but i also want to make it possible to see strong sides of each race. You could stronger the Dwarfs, but , for example, reduce their numbers.

In the english translation of the mod (I don't know if it's the same as the Russian text) it describes the Knights Panther as being the fastest cavalry in the Empire, but when I tested this they had the same speed as other cavalry. Maybe they should get the "fast moving" trait.

Arch-hereticK's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

I second LittleDwarf's suggestions.

Also I'd like to suggest some small things to the chaos factions:

1) The names: As they are placed in very specific places within the chaos wastes maybe using the names associated with those areas would be a more accurate way of representing how the chaos tribes actually function. The champion of each faction being dedicated to a specific God is perfectly within lore and it promotes the complete chaotic nature of the wastes rather than just the rivalries between the four gods.
    Khorne= Hastlings
    Tzeentch= Garhars
    Nurgle= Kvelligs
    Slaanesh= Aghols

2) Norsca is incredibly different from the wastes, obviosly, very few chosen chaos warriors and many wodden settlements. The Skaelings (very tip of Norsca) are quite similar to the tribes of the empire before Sigmar, they even have archers and often trade with the empire and other nations across the world. Trading is probably not implementable, but it is interesting and may spark some ideas for interesting mercenary models.

3) Ok this will sound crazy but stick with me. Chaos space marines.
    Seriously, the Liber Chaotica mentions strange power armoured warriors weilding rods of flaming thunder and death. I'm thinking a stcripted rebel armie spawning somewhere in the chaos wastes well into the campaign and maybe making them really aggressive. Perhaps as this is the teutonic campaign it may be possible to have a few squads of marines spawn just like the english crusaders for the teutonic crusaders. That way they can disappear as mysteriously as they came.

It's a bit crazy, but imagine how cool that'd be, gunning down thousands of charging marauders, every throat croaking: "blood for the blood God". Such pointless mass murdering is what makes chaos so cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Arch-hereticK View Post
    3) Ok this will sound crazy but stick with me. Chaos space marines.
    Seriously, the Liber Chaotica mentions strange power armoured warriors weilding rods of flaming thunder and death. I'm thinking a stcripted rebel armie spawning somewhere in the chaos wastes well into the campaign and maybe making them really aggressive. Perhaps as this is the teutonic campaign it may be possible to have a few squads of marines spawn just like the english crusaders for the teutonic crusaders. That way they can disappear as mysteriously as they came.

It's a bit crazy, but imagine how cool that'd be, gunning down thousands of charging marauders, every throat croaking: "blood for the blood God". Such pointless mass murdering is what makes chaos so cool.
    I thought this was retconned by GW awhile ago, they made it so Fantasy and 40k no longer take place in the same universe. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Remove the brick wall texture from behind the dwarf after battle statistics. You can't see your units kills/deaths etc.

Quote Originally Posted by randir14 View Post
    I thought this was retconned by GW awhile ago, they made it so Fantasy and 40k no longer take place in the same universe. Maybe I'm wrong though.
    The first rule of warhammer is:
    You do not talk about warhammer (JK)
    The most important rule of warhammer is ignore GW, for they are gay and they only love what is green and does not grow.

They may have re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-corrected themselves again, but I think the 40k rules for lost and the damned still apply. But rules are different to lore, once it's written it stays lore, I mean look at Malal, nobody cares what GW says.

I think a scripted battle with a few marines would be kick ass, do you disagree?

It would be cool, but it would make me wish for a 40k mod, lol

Quote Originally Posted by randir14 View Post
    It would be cool, but it would make me wish for a 40k mod, lol
    Hmm, that is a good point and a 40k mod is absolutely impossible, which makes it worse.
    It'd be a good surprise though, you'd be like: woah Did I just dream that?

Quote Originally Posted by DoomBunny666 View Post
    Lore wise the only hope of destroying Chaos is Malal and if in destroying Chaos he destroys himself but then his power will grow because hes destroying Chaos and he is Chaos so he needs to die as well etc... its very complicated so I think the game is very accurate in its depiction of Chaos, although one thing I will say is I think that Plaguebearers range attack is a little pointless 1 missle doesnt do that much or are there side effects that I havent noticed....

Malal was dropped from GW fluff a very long time ago ( way before SOC ) for legal reasons with the name or something. Im pretty sure he isn't mentioned in this mod and he shouldn't be as he's no longer a part of the fluff at all.

Current fluff suggest chaos victory is assured, just a matter of time. Then again every armybooks fluff talks about how "they" have the greatest warriors etc. in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Arch-hereticK View Post
    The first rule of warhammer is:
    You do not talk about warhammer (JK)
    The most important rule of warhammer is ignore GW, for they are gay and they only love what is green and does not grow.

They may have re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-corrected themselves again, but I think the 40k rules for lost and the damned still apply. But rules are different to lore, once it's written it stays lore, I mean look at Malal, nobody cares what GW says.

I think a scripted battle with a few marines would be kick ass, do you disagree?
    No..Just no. I hate 40K and don't want any space marines running around in fantasy. It doesn't fit at all and is a retarded idea to even suggest. BTW Im not calling you retarded I just don't like that 40K mixing with WHF idea at all.

As for suggestions I'd like to see them add in the units that are under the hood but not in game yet, such as trolls, chariots etc. for various races even if only for custom battles for the time being. Ofcourse squashing bugs before introducing new things is best.
    Last edited by Gork Or Mork; January 02, 2010 at 09:29 PM.