Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: General Suggestions topic

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Default Re: Suggestions

isilendil has a point. The Chaos are going to be causing the Empire a LOT of trouble. Plus, if you play one of the Empire regions away from all of the enemies and surrounded by allies, wouldn't you want some battles to happen around that area. For me, it'd get pretty stale hvaing nothing to fight.

When checking the units after battle playing as chaos, you know where you can see wich unit inflicted so and so many casulties... The text is bright grey, so its nearly impossible to make out with the current background. So my suggestion make the text black.

PSIHOPAT's Avatar Senator

Suggestion :

We have in this wonderful mod,possibility to recruit mercenary who are named Dogs of War...and they deserve their name.

But my suggestion is :

what about...if we will have = >Bloody Hooligans...?...
    some kind of guys completely mad,who live just for fight...without any interest for money or care about persons who lead them or any other reason...
    this units can be very dangerous in attack,without care for his life,and having berserk skill...thundering the battlefield with their unimaginable wildness,thirsty for blood and hunger for crushing bones and smashing heads...

Valiant Champion's Avatar Praepositus

Please bring some skaven into this campaign? Perhaps as rebel stack or spawn stack unplayable if need be.

Skaven would make southern empire much more dangerous while chaos gets its wheels going from the north.

Do you guys have any skaven models being worked on?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skaven

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/warbossale...en_origins.htm

http://hem.passagen.se/angel8/maps/garett.html
    Last edited by Valiant Champion; December 30, 2009 at 10:39 PM.

BETTER PIKES
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...2#post16143112

THE PIKE WARS HAVE BEGUN!

Citizen

@PSIHOPAT: Unfortunately, I must disagree with your suggestion. Bloody Hooligans doesn't really fit the "Warhammer" feel

@Valiant Champion: Please be patient. I'm sure that they will work on the Skaven when they have a chance. As said before, they are fixing up this campaign before moving on to the next one. The Skaven are planned on being in the second campaign. If you just cannot wait to play with the Skaven, I suggest playing either Mark of Chaos or even Blood Bowl (fun game by the way). I'm sure the team is too pressed with bug fixing right now to worry about making new models. Plus, I'm sure they'll show us previews once they get them done, especially since they now have their own forum. Again, please be patient with them. Just enjoy the mod and have fun

Valiant Champion's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    @PSIHOPAT: Unfortunately, I must disagree with your suggestion. Bloody Hooligans doesn't really fit the "Warhammer" feel

@Valiant Champion: Please be patient. I'm sure that they will work on the Skaven when they have a chance. As said before, they are fixing up this campaign before moving on to the next one. The Skaven are planned on being in the second campaign. If you just cannot wait to play with the Skaven, I suggest playing either Mark of Chaos or even Blood Bowl (fun game by the way). I'm sure the team is too pressed with bug fixing right now to worry about making new models. Plus, I'm sure they'll show us previews once they get them done, especially since they now have their own forum. Again, please be patient with them. Just enjoy the mod and have fun
    Skaven could play small part in this campaign with a few models and some scripting. Skaven existed in humanoid form from at least -1600. Spawn armies would fit in nicely in the South as Hellpit in just on other side of mountians in Brettonia.

Actually Bestigors have a very rat like profile. The model could have horns removed and different armor and weapons and downsized.

BETTER PIKES
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...2#post16143112

THE PIKE WARS HAVE BEGUN!

randir14's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    Maybe something like Flagellants, if I remember right they had the same thing in Medieval 2, I think they were called Religious Fanatics. Basically a throw-away unit with high morale and decent attack.

Flactulents YAY!

Shoot coward! You are only going to kill a man!

Does anyone feel that the background for Khorne should be changed, because it made it really hard to read the name or the piety, command etc.? Is it like this for all the Chaos factions? That kind of tile texture.
    Screw multiculturalism and the horse it rode in on

cedric37's Avatar Why Not ?!
    Patrician Citizen

Yes, agree, the background for Slaanesh is awfull too, i just cannot read the battle statistics results in the strat map (yellowish on gray...).
    I already addressed this as being a "bug" since this cannot be read.

I am quite sure this will be changed but it is only a cosmetic issue, so wait & see.
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Dasious View Post
    I played a High Elf Campaign and had to quit it because of the russian text not letting me know anything I did or events (First Release). I also play the High Elves in the Table Top, so I can put in a few words to help out with Maias.

I also heard they are redoing the High Elf units, so this is just to help with their decisions on the subject.

I believe what you are saying but you can also visualize the High Elves being more regal and "clean" when it comes to their equipment. I suggest just toning down the visual color of the gold helmets.

I got a little of this as well. When I zoomed into my units my screen seemed to light up and I think it actually brightened my room. Just tone down the brightness of the colors without changing anything else.

I got this as well. Though it was from different units at the time. It could just be a bug or they haven't implemented the feature for the High Elves at this time.

I agree, wholeheartedly, with this.

I agree with you as well and I think having the Lothern Seaguard and Spearmen use Pikes but still title them "Spears". If you are able to form a "spear wall" with regular spears, than I would prefer that.

Also, the two units Lothern Seaguard and Lothern Archers is somewhat irregular. Fluff wise, the Lothern Seaguard are also archers so having a unit of Archers from Lothern is a bit weird, if not unheard of. If it is possible giving the Lothern Seaguard 3-5 shots of arrows "using the same range as archers" before switching back to their spears (Kind of like Roman's and their Javelins), which would be a huge boost to fluff for the High Elves. You could also get rid of the Lothern Archers by doing it this way and give the Lothern Seaguard a higher damage count for their 3-5 arrow shots.

I'm just running this by you, if you don't like it, you don't need to put it in.

and i have another suggestions, for me need create a upgrade armor for shadow warrior and war lions becuase the the details of their armor is not comparable with their other elven units
    Last edited by andreaperrino; December 31, 2009 at 09:48 AM.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Valiant Champion View Post
    Skaven could play small part in this campaign with a few models and some scripting. Skaven existed in humanoid form from at least -1600. Spawn armies would fit in nicely in the South as Hellpit in just on other side of mountians in Brettonia.

Actually Bestigors have a very rat like profile. The model could have horns removed and different armor and weapons and downsized.
    Good idea! But, that's for the team members to decide, not me.

I think that the Empire factions should be more aggresive. I'm playing as Reikland on H/VH and noticed that AI Empire faction are very passive, I didn't see them capturing a single rebel settlement! They besiege settlements and the next turn they breake the siege or they lose becouse they send very small armies. The AI also sends small armies on crusades thus they usually fail. If empire factions would take all nearby rebel settlements earely in the game they would have better chances of fighting back Chaos and Ork invasions.

First of all: great game. It isn't just an aesthetic remake like so many other mods, it really has substance. I've almost had my keister handed to me several times now and I'm loving that.

One thing that I've noticed is some type of graphical bug for empire archers. I didn't think quickly enough to get a screenshot, but basically they were fighting melee and their bows were completely skewed and hovering above their heads. I'll try to get a screenshot if I see it again.

Arch-hereticK's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

I think that the "trading" markers around chaos wasteland look like temples, it'd be a great idea do get "merchants" and change their name to preachers or abbots or magisters and they could get "money" out of these temples. It'd be a nice competitive dynamic between all the Gods to be fighting over rival temples as well as temple cities.

Which is another thing, why are they fortresses? I'm sure chaos had fortresses, but mostly I'm sure they'd be fighting over temple complexes (Aztec).

And chosen knights have silly looking barding around the hind legs. It makes them look like they're hovering and I don't like them. Can we get rid of them?

BTW this is my favourite mod, even though it's not as polished as third age I think it's way better, even now.

With all due respect I think the High Elves need to be beefed up. I was playing as High Elves and I had a full stack and went to fight Slaaneshi troops that invaded my Norsca province. We met in the open field and I took 80-90% casualties and lost the battle while they suffered around 60%. I damaged them but then Slaanesh, with his faggot ass, reinforced the next turn with two more full stacks. I had a respectable balance of arms with a balance of assault and defensive melee troops, archers, horse archers, cavalry, support artillery, and a good general and it's as if the Chaos God Slaanesh prevented them from dying... I though High Elves were "The Greatest Mortal Warriors" I'm not ing just stating. By the way the High Elves look AWESOME!! W00t!

And even though this is off topic the pistoliers give me boners everytime they mass their fire on beastmen and imperial troops...
    Last edited by Outlawstar15a2; December 31, 2009 at 06:15 PM.

I would like to suggest a few things regarding some elven names to enchance the already great playing experience.

The starting High Elf faction leader be called Aislinn The Pernicious (the leader of the elven expedition corps in the Storm of Chaos summer campaign, page 94 of the Storm of Chaos book)

The isle elven settlement renamed to Tor Senlui (elven rune name thingy from 6'th edition army book page 79)

Elven fort in norsca renamed to Tor Arhain (also from the rune thing)

I suggest this name change mostly because it looks a bit silly when their starting cities both are called camps, the two names are freely made up with inspiration from the rune overview.

+Mr.Crow+'s Avatar VIVERE MILITARE EST

I think that "win or die battle" are a very ...

why don't you give to the player the possibility to choice if play or not a battle in first person?

moreover i think that the units costs ore too expansive and the number of some units are too reduced ...for example there are some chavalery units of the empire that (when the unit scale is set on "normal") are composed by only 7 soldiers!!!

What do you think about all this?

PS:however this mod is great!

I couldn't really bring myself to play as the elves as they are a bit cartoonish in appearance. Maybe some shading or darkening of the blues, etc. The feathers--which I personally don't like but I understand might be accurate/necessary--need a bit of depth and detail. With the exception of the elves I think that all the factions are spectacularly skinned.

Not being very well-versed in Warhammer lore/background I wonder if all the possible factions/settlements are there and if there is room for expansion in future releases. The game is very solid as-is, though, and I'm having a blast playing through it. Good work.

Titus2009's Avatar Libertus

I personally think that Chaos is TOTALLY OVERPOWERD!!!

They pwn me all the time, even when I play at Easy difficulty! They're way to bad-ass to be reasoned with!