Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 52021222324252627282930

Thread: General Suggestions topic

petertel123's Avatar Miles

Default Re: General Suggestions topic

just something small:
    change beastman religion from other cults to chaos and change night goblin religion from other cults to gork and mork

first of all COW is the best mod i ever seen. I am waiting for these war scenes until , first PC games of warhammer, maybe people can remember this game in my age ..
    "Warhammer: Shadow of the Horned Rat" [ here is the screen capture of the game : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:WHSHR-screen1.png ] ( cavalry pretty nice model hah ? lol
    anyway i have little quesiton about beastmen temple ? i am playing khorne followers campain and i almost occupied three of them .. as a result how many town named beastmen temple in the main campain ?

by the way "mark of chaos" is not as successful as COW Although the painting section of the army
    Last edited by DarkGoRGoTH; September 22, 2011 at 03:28 PM.

Captain Zoran's Avatar Ducenarius

It's propably been suggested before, but here I go:

Maybe make the alliances and such locked from the beginning? In most of my campaigns, everything has worked out fine, and around turn 40, good sides are allied and snuggeling, and Orcs and Night Gobbos are in the same bed. However, in rare cases, it happens that some of the "Neutral" factions attack eachother. For instance, the Border Princes had one little unit march through the dwarven area, and the dwarves went into all-out war with the Border Princes, which led the Border Princes to attack Averland, which in time led to the entire degeneration of the southern Empire, since Averland had nothing to fight back with when the scripted Orcs arrived. All I could do up in the North as Middenland and Middenheim was go: "*Facepalm* What the-!?" and eventually crusade my ass down there and stabilize the region, upon which point when most of my armies was down in the south, Chaos chose to become united.
    The friendly neighbourhood hobo with a shotgun of Westeros: Total War, bringing the Game of Thrones to life!
    Check out my new LOTR fan(tastic) fiction here: The Accountant's Trial

To represent the in-fighting nature of Orcs, how about a non-playable faction of Orc rebels using the Baron Alliance script?

Himster's Avatar Praeses

Rather than "Heretics" and the "heresy" being the problem, could it be re-named: "local customs" and "shaman". Mostly because the dozens of heretics roaming the chaos wasteland shouldn't threaten the stability of the region, but a shaman spreading the local customs would. It'd also be cool if the heretic skin on the campaign map could be changed to look more like a priest of taal, because that look works all over the old-world and isn't neccessarily associated with any specific region or religion.

As it stands the heretic looks and sounds very specific to the empire.

EDIT:
    Never mind, the newest version is perfect in this regard.
    Last edited by Himster; September 27, 2011 at 05:13 AM.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

I think we need Skaven, many, many Skaven, the rats can add a lot in balancing Orks, Empire, Dwarf and Evil factions, expecially if they start not allied with any faction, but whatever you do is good for me, because you are the Masters, we'll have monstruos numbers of staks coming? OK! that is good! we'll have mountains path-bloking all around? OK! that is good! we'll have a more foolish balancing of troops? OK! that is good!
    Seriously I hope we'll have the Skaven in game but what you do is good because THIS MOD IS AND EVER WILL BE THE BEST!! Thanks Masters!

Valiant Champion's Avatar Praepositus

make repeater handgunners recruitable like witch hunters and priest

not just replenishable
    Last edited by Valiant Champion; June 29, 2012 at 09:08 PM.

BETTER PIKES
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...2#post16143112

THE PIKE WARS HAVE BEGUN!

I think this thread may be dead but my suggestion is that game needs more settlements and a larger map.
    Justice is a lie. There are only good and bad and netiher is just.

First of asll its an awesome mod, but after 2 days of playing I see things that could be IMO done better.

1. Armies are too big, which leads to staggering grindfest. I mean I can understand fighting 2-3 stacks if whole faction is mobilized but when I see 1 stack per controlled province then I'm starting to feel tired. IMO best solution would be to limit armies to about 1 stack/5 provinces and if it fully consists of elite units then about 10 regions. This way game would be more dynamic, less tiresome, and core units would be of some use.
    2. Victory rules for some factions are problematic. Just now Reikland claimed victory (I play Chaos) and about 100th turn. I had virtually no means of stopping it, and since it achieves victory through controll of empire based provinces only...well, I bet it's pretty common case.

That's all I can think of. Enjoying playing the mod greatly

Can we have new buildings for empire factions that lets us retrain knight order units but does not let us recruit them. So though recruitment is done in a single area we can retrain losses in anywhere with these outposts built.
    Justice is a lie. There are only good and bad and netiher is just.

Quote Originally Posted by Super-Soviet View Post
    To represent the in-fighting nature of Orcs, how about a non-playable faction of Orc rebels using the Baron Alliance script?
    Baron Alliance I believe is one of the already enabled factions... that'd take some reworking of 2 factions then.

Default Re: Suggestions

Classic units like Dark Elves' Hydra. Or finish the Last War submod that was working Feinar.

GeneralL's Avatar Ducenarius

Jesus Christ. 14-18 hours for a single file. I can't imagine I'm the only one bothered by this, but I'll still suggest you to find a solution for this though this topic was probably brought up some dozen times allready. Split it, upload it somewhere else like Fileplanet or something. Do something please. It's preventing me downloading this mod because you can't expect someone to wait so long for a single friggin file .... and I won't pay for yet another random file host.
    Last edited by GeneralL; October 18, 2014 at 10:35 AM.
    Invictus I Victoria

I just downloaded the game, loaded up with talabecland, went to reclaim a city from beastmen, they sallied forth, and i destroyed them to a man, except a unit of 10 Minotaurs, who then proceeded to kill more than a 1000 men between them and butcher my whole army. they lost 2 of their own, did I miss something here? are they suppose to be unbeatable? Maybe tone them down