Page 1 of 30 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: General Suggestions topic

hick09's Avatar Miles

Default General Suggestions topic

Write your suggestions here
    Last edited by Werebear; February 15, 2010 at 08:04 AM.

Default Re: Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by hick09 View Post
    Write your suggestions here
    Siphoner fire for Horrors instead of naffatun incendiary It's a purely cosmetic thing of course but i would love seing some imperial dogs eat fire

PSIHOPAT's Avatar Senator

It is not just cosmetic.

Both are useful but every one need specific conditions to "work" properly.

My suggestion is to be give flame thrower to another unit and to keep unit with nafatun .

I always prefer nafatun(grenade) more than flamethrower.

And...yea...some demonic dogs with breath of fire can be an excellent unit for chaos.
    Last edited by PSIHOPAT; December 29, 2009 at 10:04 PM.

well you do have flamers of tzeentch to use flamerthrowers

randir14's Avatar Ordinarius

New voices for the factions (except Empire, they sound fine). Maybe you could have Dwarves use the Scottish voices. Orcs and Chaos could use sounds from Dawn of War.

Maybe new settlement models or textures for Chaos, they look strange having nice clean buildings.
    Last edited by randir14; December 30, 2009 at 01:31 AM.

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

T&D's Avatar Vicarius

Maybe one more fraction: The lizardmen-the best unit dragon

Halfling hot pot dogs of war unit?

Cmon you know its the most important thing in warhammer!

Shoot coward! You are only going to kill a man!

Tiro

My suggestion after playing roughly 100 turn with chaos is: Give their cavalry powerful charge, only tzeentch chosen knights got it atm and i think it would be good if all thier cavalry had powerful charge+lances(polearm looking). They also have this according to lore so that isn't a problem. Would be cool with the chaos cavalry not being entirely worthless but i understand it might be a bit bad for game balance but then my suggestion is to increase their cost even more. Another suggestion is to make all chosen units more powerful and also make an undivided chosen unit. I would like to see a reduced unit number of these real badass troops however. As chosen for example are clearly superior to warriors but less in number.

Just some thoughts, no pressure.

cedric37's Avatar Why Not ?!
    Patrician Citizen

I agree with AF

Also, i wonder if it is possible to add battle mages (empire) or battle shamans (orcs) to stick to the lore. The unit should be very small (the smallest size possible), very expensive, maybe only available as a BG for a mage hero. They should have more than 1 HP though (to reflect their magic defenses), and be capable of launching fireballs with devastating effects (and a very limited number of ammo of course - like 5 or 10).
    I don't think it is impossible to make those units, since you can re-use some area attacks from existing siege machines.
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

Make Undead factions more brittle.

Increase there regeneration/healing of casualties beyond its current strength, by say guaranteeing all undead Generals having the Necromancy traits, not just the campaign starting generals (many replacement ones dont appear to have it & i think its integral to an undead player that all his generals have the ability to raise the dead).

As a counter to this quite strong ability, maybe the undead field stacks should be governed by the rules pertaining to rebel stacks ie if you lose a fight your whole stack is destroyed (harse i no but really ups the stakes & difficulty).

If this is to detremental maybe increase the effectiveness of :-

1) The casualty healing - increase the factors by 50% for all Necromancy traits.

2) Increase the respawn rate of mercenaries - The undead player has access to the free cost Skeleton mercenaries (which btw i think is brilliant simulation of raising fresh troops out of nowhere). This would have the bonus of letting me utilise those excellent looking border prince units more often rather than these foppish Empire units

Chaos has much room for new units.

-Warhounds of Chaos.

-Forsaken

-Chaos Spawns, though i admit those woulnd`t be easy to make. Maybe they`d should be like elephants.

Then there are other, not greater demons, that might be interesting.

Flamers of Tzeentch or Molochs of Khorne, for example.

Besides, with such high quality scripts already at work, maybe some more could be added? I`d wish to be able to spread the plague when playing as the followers of Nurgle, for example.

Tiro

Alright, you definetly need to nerf the squig herd unit. I'm playing as chaos(undivided atm and i'm in a battle against night goblins as you might understand. These squigs are pretty much ripping my men apart. I just lost 2 full Khorne Chosen units with 1gold experience both and 1 tzeentch chosen unit. The squigs were send at my cav and i put these three units in thier way and they just ripped straight through and now i have to run all around the map with my cav just to avoid them. Would be really really good if you could do something about this as it isn't very fun or balanced when three units get slaughtered by one and they basically dont lose a single unit. If they reach my cavalry they will be ripped in shreds and if i intervene with my infantry they will also be ripped apart so there's basically nothing to do. It's not fun having to quit a battle, reload and then auto resolve.

Didn't found any better place to post this.

/Action
    Last edited by Action Fighter; December 30, 2009 at 06:23 AM.

+Mr.Crow+'s Avatar VIVERE MILITARE EST

this mod is fantastic but i've a suggestion:

are the "win or die" battle a good idea?
    if the player havn't the time to play in first person a "win or die" battle (that sometimes isn't foreseeable) why he must play it?
    In this way he is forced to save before to pass to the next turn!!!
    Can we add the possibility to choice if we wont to fight the "win or die battle" in first person or using the CPU response?

Sorry for my bad english...i hope that someone will answare me...
    Last edited by +Mr.Crow+; December 30, 2009 at 06:56 AM.

Undead are fine as they are I think...

If anyhting other armies should have the one loss equals dead rule becuase it is harder for them to gain troops and many men would desert...

I still think niether should be implemented though.

Shoot coward! You are only going to kill a man!

Having enjoyed a few custom battles I thought I would throw in a few suggestions to improve the already fantastic impression the mod have left;

- A lot of high elves use a golden helmet, that is a very nice though I think the gold colour needs to made more dark. As it is now they look like a bunch of tall light bulps at times.

- Overall, if possible decrease the brightness in colours. I tried changing the brightness in my grahpics options but many units still come off as awfully bright coloured so I think it would make a lot of the units look more grim, fitting to the dark setting of the warhammer world.

- Not entirely sure if it is a bug or not but the regimental banners, not the ones the standard bearers use, but those that float above the units still show the origin factions. When looking at a unit of pheonix guards I could see an English banner floating above them.

- Make the pheonix guards use two handed weapons instead of pikes. I don't quite understand why they use those to begin with, they're halberd users.

- Lorthern sea guard uses pikes while normal spearmen (elven ones) are just spearmen, ideally they should use the game since fluff wise it is the same weapons they use. I am not entirely sure what would work best, spears or pikes.

If I am posting this the wrong place, please do correct me.

I played a High Elf Campaign and had to quit it because of the russian text not letting me know anything I did or events (First Release). I also play the High Elves in the Table Top, so I can put in a few words to help out with Maias.

I also heard they are redoing the High Elf units, so this is just to help with their decisions on the subject.

- A lot of high elves use a golden helmet, that is a very nice though I think the gold colour needs to made more dark. As it is now they look like a bunch of tall light bulps at times.
    I believe what you are saying but you can also visualize the High Elves being more regal and "clean" when it comes to their equipment. I suggest just toning down the visual color of the gold helmets.

- Overall, if possible decrease the brightness in colours. I tried changing the brightness in my grahpics options but many units still come off as awfully bright coloured so I think it would make a lot of the units look more grim, fitting to the dark setting of the warhammer world.
    I got a little of this as well. When I zoomed into my units my screen seemed to light up and I think it actually brightened my room. Just tone down the brightness of the colors without changing anything else.

- Not entirely sure if it is a bug or not but the regimental banners, not the ones the standard bearers use, but those that float above the units still show the origin factions. When looking at a unit of pheonix guards I could see an English banner floating above them.
    I got this as well. Though it was from different units at the time. It could just be a bug or they haven't implemented the feature for the High Elves at this time.

- Make the pheonix guards use two handed weapons instead of pikes. I don't quite understand why they use those to begin with, they're halberd users.
    I agree, wholeheartedly, with this.

- Lorthern sea guard uses pikes while normal spearmen (elven ones) are just spearmen, ideally they should use the game since fluff wise it is the same weapons they use. I am not entirely sure what would work best, spears or pikes.
    I agree with you as well and I think having the Lothern Seaguard and Spearmen use Pikes but still title them "Spears". If you are able to form a "spear wall" with regular spears, than I would prefer that.

Also, the two units Lothern Seaguard and Lothern Archers is somewhat irregular. Fluff wise, the Lothern Seaguard are also archers so having a unit of Archers from Lothern is a bit weird, if not unheard of. If it is possible giving the Lothern Seaguard 3-5 shots of arrows "using the same range as archers" before switching back to their spears (Kind of like Roman's and their Javelins), which would be a huge boost to fluff for the High Elves. You could also get rid of the Lothern Archers by doing it this way and give the Lothern Seaguard a higher damage count for their 3-5 arrow shots.

I'm just running this by you, if you don't like it, you don't need to put it in.

My sugestion is : make script-battles easier :< When 5 full-upgraded Tzeentch armies with 2 hellcannons each assault my capital at 16 turn, what can i do? I am destined to be doomed :<

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDwarf View Post
    My sugestion is : make script-battles easier :< When 5 full-upgraded Tzeentch armies with 2 hellcannons each assault my capital at 16 turn, what can i do? I am destined to be doomed :<
    a point is well made here,but at the same time I wonder if perhaps the player is given the narrow margin of victory but actually intended to lose during such battles???it stands to reason for I notice at times when I am crushed in these fights a few turns later reinforcements arrive to assist in the retaking of the city.also as it has been seen there is reason to believe that a previous bug that caused ctd was due to actually winning some of the battles that the ai was intended to win,but of course this is all just speculation.either way i love the scripted engagements

Werebear's Avatar For Mother Russia

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDwarf View Post

It is STORM OF CHAOS....

Page 1 of 30 123456789101126 ... LastLast