Thread: HELP PLZ ULIMITED MEN ON BF NOT WORKING

Default HELP PLZ ULIMITED MEN ON BF NOT WORKING

Have changed the option to true in the preferences folder (unlimited men on battle field true) but still reinforcements are always delayed when i start a massive battle so when i play a battle the reinforcements turn up one at a time this is no good before when i played this game i could have 11000 men on the field now only 5000 seems max plz help coz this is this rome total war btw

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Default Re: HELP PLZ ULIMITED MEN ON BF NOT WORKING

Have you changed the right vopy of the 'preferences.txt'? If you have BI installed there will be two copies - one in the preferences folder in the main game folder and one in the similarly named folder in the BI folder.

Are you using the same system as you did before?

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

no windows 7 now and i changed all preference docs i could find so they all say the same unlimited men on the bf no luck tried reinstalling no luck, one thing when i try to save any changes i make to the preference txt files it says access denied i have to move the file onto the desktop to change it, then back into the rome tw folder, none the less i have changed them all to say unlimited men on the field but i think this may have something to do with it

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

I presume you installed the game to the 'c:\program files (x86)' folder? Under Vista and 7 that is a protected folder and any changes should then appear in the 'virtual store ' / 'application data' area.

The other thing that may be happening (to get the access denied message) is that the file is set to 'read only' - but I would expect that to cause an update to fail and not on access.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here