Thread: Screenshot problem

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Default Screenshot problem

Hello, I'm trying to take a screenshot of the game (I pressed prt scrn) but there is no tgas folder in my Medieval 2 directory. I'm using Windows 7 x64, can someone help me?

Thanks in advance, The Holy Pilgrim

Btw, I made sure that the screen resolution matches my desktops resolution (1680x1050) and it's widescreen
    Last edited by The Holy Pilgrim; December 28, 2009 at 11:18 AM.

Default Re: Screenshot problem

Ive had the same problem lol

If i remember correctly when you use print scrn you have to paste it into paint before you can do anything. So you have to take the pic then exit game to go to paint to save it and do what you want with it.

if you havent heard about it many people recommend you use FRAPS. its an easier way to take screen shots and you can designate where the program saves the pics. hopefully someone else has a link to it as i dont but a search might get you the link somewhere too

EDIT: if you look in FAQs in the AAR sub-forum there is a link to dowload fraps if you want to check it out
    Last edited by ~ShAdowWAlker~; December 28, 2009 at 11:25 AM.

Citizen

Okay, thanks!

Screenshots taken by Prt Scr button go to Medieval II Total War/tgas folder. If you have UAC (User Account Control) on, make sure that you search from VirtualStore folder too. C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\tgas. The folder is hidden, but you can find it by searching "VirtualStore", "tgas" or "SEGA".

Citizen

Yeah, I found that out when I was looking around my folders. Thanks though.

I have black screen in my paint when I take a shot with prt scrn.
    An idea?

Thanks

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Quote Originally Posted by Rus-Bey View Post
    I have black screen in my paint when I take a shot with prt scrn.
    An idea?

Thanks
    Turn off AA (anti-aliasing).

Quote Originally Posted by ~ShAdowWAlker~ View Post
    Ive had the same problem lol

If i remember correctly when you use print scrn you have to paste it into paint before you can do anything. So you have to take the pic then exit game to go to paint to save it and do what you want with it.

if you havent heard about it many people recommend you use FRAPS. its an easier way to take screen shots and you can designate where the program saves the pics. hopefully someone else has a link to it as i dont but a search might get you the link somewhere too

EDIT: if you look in FAQs in the AAR sub-forum there is a link to dowload fraps if you want to check it out
    You can use Google to find Howies Quick Screen Capture. It works with Win7 64bit.

Thanks Irishron,but anti aliasing make good graphics no?

Good screen graphics yes but I have read that antialiasing causes black pictures. If it's just Microsoft Paint that way, I don't know. That is why FRAPS and Quick Screen Capture keep getting mentioned. I don't get to their site but I've heard xfire can do it, too.

Yes brother, I have again this black screen, less the antialiasing...I will shearch the solution.