Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: [King of Dragon Pass AAR] Sword of Humakt (image heavy) - updated September 18; ON HOLD

Default [King of Dragon Pass AAR] Sword of Humakt (image heavy) - updated September 18; ON HOLD

j
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; May 25, 2021 at 04:39 AM.

Default Re: King of Dragon Pass: Sword of Humakt

;
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; May 25, 2021 at 04:40 AM.

... oh my.

I want this game

I take it back.

This game is way too frikkin' hard

Default Re: [King of Dragon Pass AAR]: Sword of Humakt

It requires a minimum of information about the realm and the interface. The key element is to know what actions are to be taken during each season (five of them plus the sacred time period at the end of each year).

10 of my weapon thanes and a hundred of my men at arms, plus 25 auxiliaries, got defeated by half their number of DUCK PEOPLE

Possible explanations:

< no (or not enough) clan magic points alocated to war - enemy could have spent more on that year or before the battle. You could and should spend at least a point before the battle.
    < no special advantages obtained after sacrifices to gods like Orlanth, Humakt, Urox, Elmal
    < bad tactics (the pre-battle options)
    < enemy military facilities
    < not a good year to attack others (if specified in the sacred time panel, forecast area)
    < some allies from their big brothers - minotaurs, centaurs and so
    < bad time of the year for attacking. Fire season is the main season for these activities
    < some treasures which provide permanent buffs.
    < curses (from gods or spirits)

You don't want to mess with those duck people right from the beginning because are part of the Beastmen. And once that whole group will atack you it's game over, your clan is destroyed.
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; December 29, 2009 at 04:45 PM.

How do you learn blessings?
    Am I allowed to spam your thread with dip questions?

You can ask any question.

As for blessings...

1. Go to the Magic section, enter the sacrifice option and choose the god. Everyone has at least one blessing. You can sacrifice cows, goods or thralls. Sacrificing thralls is a desperate measure and your reputation within and outside the clan will suffer consequences.
    Choose at least 6-7 cows for sacrifice, having the option mysteries enabled. This way you'll learn blessings. If you build a temple for that god that blessing will be bestowed permamently, as long as the temple works. If you don't want to build a temple, check the wanted (and known, of course) option, kill the cows and you'll enable that for one year.

Learning myths is done also this way, through sacrifices or by related events.

2. Similar bonuses are obtained from owning different treasures. The default one for each new game is Blacktail the bull. Each one is very expensive but well worth - get them by buying, doing heroquests, random events.

You can see which blessings are enabled by observing the glowing runes (for each domain) on that central large stone.

How do you tell what actions will and won't end the season?

Usually two actions can be taken during a season, without counting random events of course. But that is not written in stone. For example you can take one action then have two random events - end of season.

Aaah, i love this game! The only thing that put me off is that you can't do a total conquest and create a tribal empire. Are you sure you can keep motivated enough to keep writing, though? This isn't exactly a popular game

This game screams for an AAR. I'm highly motivated because this is my first one so I can't leave it unfinished. The story revolves around the Sartar character, so it's not a priority to conquer the map.

I'd like to ask you a question as well, if i may...

Is there any way to take the land in the red square? I own everything around, yet there is an empty spot inside my land. I tried exploring to no avail, had no attacks by beastmen so i don't think those are there...

Do you have the last patch 1.7? Some issues about exploration are fixed up to this point.

Good AAR, so far. This looks like a very interesting game! I may look into getting it myself.
    Alea Iacta Est (The Die is Cast) - Gaius Julius Caesar
    An army of sheep led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by a sheep - Alexander the Great
    We will either find a way, or make one - Hannibal Barca

Thanks, stop by for a F.A.Q. also.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Nice AAR so far, and nice explanation of the game as well

jm
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; May 25, 2021 at 04:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Legio View Post
    Nice AAR so far, and nice explanation of the game as well
    Thanks, I hope my English and writing style aren't too annoying.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast