Page 36 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1126272829303132333435363738394041424344 LastLast

Thread: [SS AAR] I am Skantarios! - Rebirth of the Eastern Roman Empire - **Complete**

Default Re: [SS AAR] I am Skantarios! - Rebirth of the Eastern Roman Empire - Updated 5/15 (Complete!!)

Epic, awesome, great! This amazing work can't be described in words, Skantarios!
    I feel quite sad that it's finally over, but every story has an end...

PS: I really need to get more posts to give you some well-deserved rep!

Default Re: [SS AAR] I am Skantarios! - Rebirth of the Eastern Roman Empire - Updated 5/15 (Complete!!)

That was incredible. Dude really messed folks up to be that feared. I especially like the tribute picture

Nanny de Bodemloze's Avatar Treason is just dates
    Artifex

A worthy and epic conclusion to a sprawling epic tale! Well done sir!! Take pride in this masterpiece.

cheers!

StGene's Avatar Civis

Warhammer 40k Fact #40000: If we knew the name of the Immortal God-Emperor of Mankind, it would be Skantarios. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for writing this magnificent tale. I believe that Skantarios does in fact sleep beneath the Alps, ready to rise alongside King Arthur to fight for his country. Ave Imperator! Deus Vult!
    ◊GLORIA◊MACHINA◊DEVS◊

A great ending, to a great story. I still reckon this is one of the best AAR iv read in ages. Hat off to you sir.
    its almost a shame that it has come to a end. I would definately follow any more AARs that you do even if it isnt a sequel.

+rep

"One God, One Emperor, One Empire"
    Researcher of Italia Invicta

:O

What an amazing ending to such a magnificent tale! I'm truly sad to see it finally end, but such are the way of stories. Allow me to thank you for your tireless effort and dedication to spoiling us week in and week out with these wonderful chapters of Skantarios' life. He lived and died in epic fashion, just like this AAR has - indeed, everything about this AAR has been nothing short of epic! May the Eastern Roman Empire revel in glory for ages to come!

Truly Outstanding Work!

A story ends, a legend is born.

Truly the greatest AAR ever created.
    Last edited by Soulstrider; May 16, 2010 at 10:44 AM.
    "The challenge of modernity is to live without illusions and without becoming disillusioned. " - Antonio Gramsci

"Those who do not move, do not notice their chains." - Rosa Luxembourg

Laetus

Fantastic ending Skantarios. I loved the part about the scribe. Your AAR must have taken the last 4 months out of your life, eh? Well, I am now happy in a way because I don't have to check the forums every day looking for anything new. Great AAR.

I just read the whole thing starting Friday, I'm glad I came into the thread when I did, otherwise I would've been fretful over the updating and wondering what would happen next. Thank you Skantarios.
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

dezikeizer's Avatar Campidoctor

Brilliant, simply brilliant ending. I think I owe you another rep, so I'll get that to you when I can. Great job of incorporating the myth-making and romanticism that often follows the legacy of great rulers. Reminds me of that which follows Jinggis Khan, that is, that some say that he may return to lead Mongolia to glory again someday. This is one of my top 3 favorite aars I've read.

The diaries, the epic victories, illustration of the characters particularly through the diary entries were some of the best parts. To be honest, I actually got the idea for that introspective update for my character in Kallum's aar from your aar. Even better, you illustrated that war can do terrible things to people, though those people are still not necessarily evil themselves. It's something that doesn't get a whole light of notice these days. I eagerly await the bonus update.

pattonrommel's Avatar Centenarius

What a fitting ending to an amazing adventure. If there was ever a right way to conquer Europe and the bunch, that is it. Nice work through and through. You deserve the break
    "We're in a war, dammit! We're going to have to offend somebody!" -John Adams

Yes,yet here am i,another lurker of these forums who had been watching update after update the unfolding and,finally now,the conclusion of this epic AAR...

I think that it's gonna take some time to get used to the idea that there's not gonna be another update but all the good things come to an end i guess...

IMHO especially the part where Skantarios destroys the Dome of the Rock in Jerusalem is a grand display of pure epic,sends chills down my spine every time i read it...

Thank you Skantarios,really man,that was awesome!!!Hope we 'll hear from you again!!

Concrete's Avatar Semisalis

A brilliant ending to a brilliant AAR.
    I'm never happy when a story ends, but it is fantastic that you did manage to end it, putting as much time and effort into it as you did.
    So thank you so much for sharing the life of Skantarios with us.
    Best wishes for the future.
    - A faithful reader.
    Last edited by Concrete; May 16, 2010 at 06:36 PM.

Karnage's Avatar Centenarius

An Epic story, an Epic ending, I personally bid farewell to the best Roman emperor the earth has ever seen. The last 10 updates were especially hard, as I knew this story was coming to a close.

On a more personal note, good job Skantarios for all the hard work and dedication you've put in there, you truly gave a new meaning to "Masterpiece" in my book. I will miss reading this AAR, waiting for more updates, but in the end, you deserve a well earned break.

Cheers.
    My work in progress AAR, come and have look.

L'État c'est moi, The Monarchy of France
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=355826

Critic Quills review about my AAR.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=365219

Fenrisulfrinn's Avatar Civis
    I am a citizen of the world; it doesn't really matter where

I'm a freshman in college and when I'm not in class I push shopping carts for a living. If I get run over and die in the Costco parking lot, I'm fine with that having read this AAR. Amazing work, Skantarios.

This is beautiful. Such a shame it had to end =(. Glad I read it before I had to leave =(.

[ Cry Havoc:: ] - [ link ] - [ An Expanded World Submod for Call of Warhammer ]
    My turban brings all the muslims to the yard and they're like العنصرية ش

Indefinitely Banned

it's finally come to this; The End
    many thanks for providing us with such awesome storytelling, epicness, and entertainment, skantarios!
    and thanks to your wife as well for supporting you on this project, you are indeed a lucky man to have such an understanding woman

take a well earned rest, friend

first aar ive actually finished, none seemed to hold my interest, and for me thats saying alot

thank you for the magnificent story, and the inspiration to play again xD

and so it ends...

Amazing...simply...there is no other word. I have not read the ENTIRE thing. Perhaps you should compile the entire thing into one post or one thread. Regardless I intend to take a night this weekend and read the entire thing fron to back.

Just a suggestion. Obviously you can't make the civil wars without modding but you could always write a non-picture story about the fall of the Empire based on the AAR. Food for thought.
    Alistair Yronwood - Lord of Yronwood, Warden of the Stone Way, Blood Royal

"Darkness? I was born in it...molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man. By then it was nothing to me but blinding! The shadows betray you because they belong to me!
    "But there must always be a Darth Traya, one that holds the knowledge of betrayal. Who has been betrayed in their heart, and will betray in turn."

"You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks! "

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

No thanks to CBUR that made these Roman units?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Just kidding!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.