Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is this worth downloading?

Desley's Avatar Praefectus

Default Is this worth downloading?

Im not a huge fan of the whole middle ages thing so i only play third age total war..
    So could any1 tell me in short about this mod? cuz it might be fun

Desley's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: Is this worth downloading?

Btw i look at the download link and it says to put it in Teutonic Foldor. but i never installed Kingdoms - Teutonic only Americas..

Do you like Warhammer Fantas? If yes, it`s worth it.

And you don`t need teutonics, for this mod would overwrite the teutonic campaign anyway.

But i`d suggest waiting a few days or weeks, until the translation is more "complete" else you won`t understand much, since the mod is in russian. Especially if you haven`t played unmodded medieval 2 much.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

You can play the custom battles to see how awsome the units are (they are top-notch, maybe even better than Third Age IMO) and all of the cool factions (especially the Chaos and the Vampire Counts). This mod is defenitely worth the download, even if parts of it are still in Russian.

Worth downloading ?!?! If you need to ask then don`t !
    But this is MUCH better than anything you can buy for money !

PSIHOPAT's Avatar Senator

@desley

This mod is far better than Third Age(my opinion)

In his first release,Warhammer beat all mods released until now in the details and variety of units.Also have many nice custom buildings and models for cities.

After developers will make custom sounds for units...there will be no mod to be compared with this...game...i call it another game...not a mod for TW....

Try it and will see with your eyes.

Mr. Sorrow's Avatar Ordinarius

This mod WILL be better than Third Age... Iam a great fan but many things just need polishing. But when the day comes, and it will, TATW fans we will own you!
    Warhammer has a bit of middleages in it but it has certain "steampunk" and Thirty-Years war in it...For now just clench your teeth, prepare for ride and hope that some orc will not cut your head off and put it on pike...

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sorrow View Post
    This mod WILL be better than Third Age... Iam a great fan but many things just need polishing. But when the day comes, and it will, TATW fans we will own you!
    Warhammer has a bit of middleages in it but it has certain "steampunk" and Thirty-Years war in it...For now just clench your teeth, prepare for ride and hope that some orc will not cut your head off and put it on pike...
    Well, can't we be fans of both
    Personally, I'm not "warhammer-fanatic" or "lore-wise", but I love its presentation and world. CoW captures it perfectly, units and 2D art and etcetera, are amazing. You can see the amount of work people have put in this mod, simply stunning.

Now if someone could make WH 40K mod next... ...

Yes, this mod is definitely worth downloading

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sorrow View Post
    And Demons, don't forget the Demons

(and the bears too)

Mr. Sorrow's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    And Demons, don't forget the Demons

(and the bears too)
    And pretty Chaos ladies on foot, pretty Chaos ladies on different kind of mount/transport. You will not find any women in TATW (which I love greatly-For Dale!)...

I might recommend waiting for some more patching. The units looks great, and it has much promise, but I have yet to play a single faction that does not CTD within 5 or 6 turns. Either in the battles or on the campaign map. Once they get the numerous CTD's weeded out, it will be fantastic.
    The Monks of Cool, whose tiny and exclusive monastery is hidden in a really cool and laid-back valley in the lower Ramtops, have a passing-out test for a novice. He is taken into a room full of all types of clothing and asked: Yo, my son, which of these is the most stylish thing to wear? And the correct answer is: Hey, whatever I select.
    -- (Terry Pratchett, Lords and Ladies)

try vampire counts, is turn 12 and it dont crash for now

Vampire Counts always crash on turn 3 for me. Always. Same for Reikland and most of the empire factions.
    The Monks of Cool, whose tiny and exclusive monastery is hidden in a really cool and laid-back valley in the lower Ramtops, have a passing-out test for a novice. He is taken into a room full of all types of clothing and asked: Yo, my son, which of these is the most stylish thing to wear? And the correct answer is: Hey, whatever I select.

Quote Originally Posted by Metallikat View Post
    Vampire Counts always crash on turn 3 for me. Always. Same for Reikland and most of the empire factions.
    Use hotfix and start new campain.
    CoW (Rage of the Dark Gods)team
    From Russia with love.

Oh, I have. As well as making sure to get rid of the map.rwm file before starting a new game.

islendil preparing new version with installer now.
    CoW (Rage of the Dark Gods)team
    From Russia with love.

This mod rocks
    I samo dotle, do tog kamena,do tog bedema,
    Nogom ces stupit, mozda poganom,drznes li dalje?...Cuces gromove
    Kako tisinu zemlje slobodne...Sa grmljavinom strasnom kidaju;
    Razumeces ih srcem strasljivim...Sta ti sa smelim glasom govore,
    Pa ces o stenja tvrdom kamenu
    Brijane glave teme celavo
    U zanosnome strahu lupati...
    Al' jedan izraz, jednu misao,
    Čućeš u borbe strašnoj lomljavi:
    "Otadžbina je ovo Srbina!..."

Senator

for campaign crashes i removed the the script battles section in the campaign_script text file and all my crashes on the campaign map are gone. i'll wait a little while for some bugs to be fixed in script battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Saladin View Post
    for campaign crashes i removed the the script battles section in the campaign_script text file and all my crashes on the campaign map are gone. i'll wait a little while for some bugs to be fixed in script battles.
    Where might I find this in the script file? I'd like to get rid of it and see if it works.

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

Quote Originally Posted by Metallikat View Post
    Where might I find this in the script file? I'd like to get rid of it and see if it works.
    mods->teutonic->data->world->maps->campaign-imperial_campaign

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast