Thread: Rome total war gold random bugs?

Okey so 2 days ago I bought rome total war gold of steam I had the game before but I sat on the cd-rom once so I bought it again downloaded it etc etc I started playing as juli but I kept crashing when I won a battle. I was like okey happens stopped playing as juli and started the scipi campaign only now something even worse happend cause I keep getting ''lagspikes'' by which I mean when I play the game the units just sort of ''warp'' forward all the time the game becomes pretty much unplayable thanks to this, so again I was like well okey I must have installed it wrong so i deleted the game downloaded it again and tried to play it again but still the game ''lags'' I know its not cause my computer is too bad cause i've played the game before on a worse computer if anyone has any suggestions please tell me ^^

---- double posts merged (Brusilov) - please don't bump and a little more punctuation would have been good as I just gave up reading your post earlier as too much hard work.....

bump
    Last edited by Brusilov; December 27, 2009 at 07:32 PM.

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Default Re: Rome total war gold random bugs?

What are your computer specs as in memory, cpu, video card/chip, operating system?

What version do you have now, Steam?

Have you installed any mods?

i'm not sure about all the specs but i know I got a ati radeon 3600 2gb ram and windows xp, I'm not sure wihch version im using I just downloaded it off steam and no I haven't installed any mods

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

The in-game version number is shown on the top right hand side of the options menu.

Edited: Does your laptop happen to have an AMD dual-core chip? You can find the specs of your machine by running dxdiag through the 'run dialog' box.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here