Thread: Last Bastion of Freedom strategy

History_Buff's Avatar Civis

Default Last Bastion of Freedom strategy

I am playing as Germany and me and my Axis partners already control all of Europe, India, and Africa (the last holdouts in Africa will fall shortly as their are no more Allied Armies their and I am just waiting for my armies to arrive in those provinces) and the United Kingdom has been annexed. I am about to turn my might against the remaining factions in Asia- those being the Chinese factions. I intend to help my Japanese Allies beat them, turn on Australia and New Zealand, and then finally unleash my self on the New world. I then decided that after I win, I am going to load this game, but play as the United States and go for a "Last Bastion of Freedom" scenario.To prepare, I will fortify my shores and the Canadian border and try to keep the Axis out. If I do not build anything but fortifications I can fortify the entire Canadian border by one level in one sitting, meaning it will take ten to reach level ten. I will then start churning out men and hopefully manage to stem the tide. I will not start at war with Germany, as America never entered the war, so if I load at the right time, I will have ample time to prepare before Germany's full might can be turned on me. After stemming the tide and ensuring my territory is safe, I will then go on the offensive and try and liberate the rest of the world. Hopefully the Latin American countries will not be overrun and can be brought in on my side. My first target for expansion will be China and I will try to focus on liberating Nationalist China and having a strong Ally in Asia, which will be my chief focus to start off. Using this strategy, what do you think my chances of success will be

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Default Re: Last Bastion of Freedom strategy

Your chance to annex whole world except US is quite rare if US AI adopt an aggressive strategy. Basically, US, if they have already joined the war, should have around 1000 regiements (in my Nationalist China game, US has 1500 regiements in 1945) in 1945. If you think you can beat those 300 divisions, go for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

The beauty of it is that as Germany, I am going to overrun Canada and attack them from the almost empty Canadian border or force them to send men away from the coast and pounce. My IC is on par with the US at this point at around 300 something as I personally own not only Poland, France, and Britain, but also all of European Russia through triggering the Bitter Peace event. In addition, I gained India in an amphibious invasion and completely control it. Also, what I am saying what I am going to do is AFTER I win as Germany, I am going to reload the a save in this game (I save often so their are more then enough to chose from) and then I will play as the US and see if I as the US can take over the world. what I am asking is do you think I have a chance of doing this with the US. In addition, I said in the first post that the US never joined the war

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Which may kill you soon or later. You better pray 300 divisions would not storm your ass in Canada.

By the way, it is HoI2 or HoI3?? US AI has different habbit in those two games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Hearts of Iron II Doomsday. Me and my allies have a whole crap load of men and The only person we will be fighting will be the United States. I also rival them in terms of IC with a grand total of 376 or somewhere around their. That is just Germany. I also have more resources then I can count and have all of my units on 1945 levels and are getting more and more advanced and are extremely experienced. Not to mention, if I they refocus on Canada, they will then leave themselves vulnerable to amphibious landings on both coasts. By the way, this is useful info and I am open to suggestions about the best way to beat the US, but please remember that this thread is primarily concerned with the possibility of not only defending my own territory when I eventually take up the reins of the United States, but actually taking the war to the Axis and defeating them and taking back the rest of the world by myself. Tell me what strategies you would use to accomplish this and I will tell you what I am thinking of doing. The year, by the way, is 1945 and I started in the 1939 scenario. I am not saying to stop writing things about when I am fighting the United States, they are good points and by all means keep writing them because I have never had to face the United States before and welcome any hints and suggestions you might make. No, I am not new to the game, I just usually play as Japan and do not go after the US. I recently lost a lot of my data, so I never got to the point where I would face the US and never got that far while playing as Germany

Heinz Guderian's Avatar *takes off trousers

Have you dealt with the United States Navy? Those guys are pretty bad ass, also this might be your winning strategy if you load up as the US

the US is not in the war yet, so the navy is still intact. My main fleet is comprised of 10 carriers, 10 superheavy battleships, and 10 screens under Admiral Raeder. I intend to build another like fleet and use them to hunt down and sink the US navy. My backup if this fails is invading Canada and invading across the border to completely ignore the Navy.

In the Interest of Full disclosure, I should say that when I take up the reigns of the United States to try and reconquer the world, I do intend to write an AAR about it. It will be my first AAR and I will try to give credit to anybody who's ideas I use by naming a corps after them. Along with that, How many of you would be willing to read an AAR of that kind.
    Last edited by History_Buff; January 02, 2010 at 06:27 PM.

thatguy's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by History_Buff View Post
    In the Interest of Full disclosure, I should say that when I take up the reigns of the United States to try and reconquer the world, I do intend to write an AAR about it. It will be my first AAR and I will try to give credit to anybody who's ideas I use by naming a corps after them. Along with that, How many of you would be willing to read an AAR of that kind.

I would.

http://www.battledebate.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Rapax View Post
    Or perhaps you've been missing the point of modern warfare? Crush the enemy within a month and then fight an insurgency for the next 10 years..
    Quote Originally Posted by spl00ge View Post
    I just got 9 inches.

So would I. That AAR definitely sounds interesting and it will alos be pretty interesting to see what the AI can actually make of their extremely good position.

The AAR That I was talking about in this thread is now up on Paradoxplaza for those who want to read it. The link at the bottom will take you directly to it.
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=480636
    Last edited by History_Buff; June 14, 2010 at 01:53 AM.