Thread: General's Bodyguards

Ferrus's Avatar Decanus

Default General's Bodyguards

Great game by the way, i like how slow the population growth is and how each battles have more meaning when its harder to replace dead men =P

Anyway back on topic, I am currently playin around with the General's bodyguards and since i havent edited the EDUs and EDBs in a long time was wondering;

1) In regards to the post marian reforms Generals Bodyguards, would it be safe to say if i remove it from the EDB that those unit will not be made available to the bodyguards of Coming of Age Family members?

2) why are there cavalry bodyguards and late cavalry bodyguards in the EDU? Is there some sort of trigger that will alter the Coming of Age Family members type of Bodyguard in another Text document?
    The wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win - Zhuge
    Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one
    Do you know why most men die before their wives do? Because they want to!

Default Re: General's Bodyguards

Thank you, Ferrus.

Bodyguards are determined in the following way.

The first bodyguard unit (i.e. with the attribute "general_unit") available to a faction in EDU will be the pre-Marian bodyguard, the first unit for a faction with "general_unit_upgrade" will be the post-Marian guard. Any other guard units will be generals if recruited, but aren't otherwise used.
    If a unit with "general_unit(_upgrade)" is in the EDB, that allows for a recruitable general whether it uses the family's unit or not.

Expand your borders, a mod based on XGM 5.

Ferrus's Avatar Decanus

Oh i have another q's.

If i want to make the bodyguards appear only in the provincial campaign, would i need to edit some txt files?
    The wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win - Zhuge
    Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one
    Do you know why most men die before their wives do? Because they want to!

I am not aware of a way to change family member bodyguards in provincial campaigns separately from the main campaign.

Expand your borders, a mod based on XGM 5.