Thread: A nasty crash (Gaul?)

Default A nasty crash (Gaul?)

Hello there, I am doing my best to try this promising mod, but it doesn't work, no matter how hard I try. I installed patch 3.0. When I try to play julian's faction in any of the three campaigns, the game doesn't even start: I get this black screen view and after a couple of minutes, windows asks me to terminate the programme. If I select constatius, the game works until I set the screen on southern Gaul (then it instantly crashes). If i play a barbarian faction, it works properly. Any suggestion? All kind of advice would be appreciated

I am afraid that something concerning the visible units in southern Gaul makes the game crash: when Gaul is covered by fog of war, no problem appears.

I have a perfectly clean BI 1.6, I got the installer 3 and patch 3.0
    Only point that might be relevant, I have a provincial campaign (the "official one" that makes romano-british faction playable).

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Default Re: A nasty crash (Gaul?)

Quote Originally Posted by Max_cerc View Post
    Hello there, I am doing my best to try this promising mod, but it doesn't work, no matter how hard I try. I installed patch 3.0. When I try to play julian's faction in any of the three campaigns, the game doesn't even start: I get this black screen view and after a couple of minutes, windows asks me to terminate the programme. If I select constatius, the game works until I set the screen on southern Gaul (then it instantly crashes). If i play a barbarian faction, it works properly. Any suggestion? All kind of advice would be appreciated

I am afraid that something concerning the visible units in southern Gaul makes the game crash: when Gaul is covered by fog of war, no problem appears.

I have a perfectly clean BI 1.6, I got the installer 3 and patch 3.0
    Only point that might be relevant, I have a provincial campaign (the "official one" that makes romano-british faction playable).
    Sorry to hear that. It seems to me from what you have described is that it is an install problem. I would suggest that you uninstall everything then reinstall the IJ install and the new Patch 4.

You will know you have successfully installed both because inside your RTW folder there will be a IJV3.0 Install README.txt file and inside your IJ folder there will be a patch_4.txt file.

Try this again and see how you go.

Cheers

Thank you for your help; I tried to do as you suggested, but nothing changed. Anyway i am playing Valens and no crash seems to threaten my game (as long as I keep away from Gaul). This mod really rocks! Oh, I would say that the next patch should correct a spelling mistake occurring on Roman standards, which is "innomine XPI vingas", whereas in latin it should be "in nomine XPI vinces".

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Quote Originally Posted by Max_cerc View Post
    Thank you for your help; I tried to do as you suggested, but nothing changed. Anyway i am playing Valens and no crash seems to threaten my game (as long as I keep away from Gaul). This mod really rocks! Oh, I would say that the next patch should correct a spelling mistake occurring on Roman standards, which is "innomine XPI vingas", whereas in latin it should be "in nomine XPI vinces".
    OK, go into your IJ/data/maps/base folder. Find the map.rwm file and delete it. Load a new campaign and see if this fixes the problem about Gaul. If not then go into your IJ options folder (contained within the IJ folder). The go into the strat models folder click on the CA Strat Map Models.exe.

It is loaded into your IJ folder. See if this helps in relation to the problems you are having with Gaul.

Please let me know how you go and if either one works.

Cheers

No way, neither of the strategies worked: by deleting the rmw file, I get this error message when I try to run a new campaign "script error in IJ/data/descr_character.txt at line 88 column 1". Same by running the CA STRAT MAP MODEL.exe file