Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [SOLUTION] Multiplayercampaign desync FIXED!!!

Default Re: multiplayercampaign desync FIXED!!!

Also is this fix only compatable with Darth Mod? AS we use a rival mod lol

larsier's Avatar Libertus

no it is compatable to every mod, and vanilla.

(desync is not can also be coused by incompatable data. make sure you have exactly the same files. also be sure to check game cach. if anything turns up it might be necisery te restart your campaign, and don't forget to check your scripts

if your data is incompatable the game will NOT tell you, and you desync at the start of battle's

pls help with MP DMCU.

we have 5.4 full + 5.4.1 Update. ETW is up to date. The Problem is, start via DM Launcher on "Multiplayer" always CDT by loading.

We tryed to start via "start DM Ulim Campg" >> online >> open game and played it 2 turns, but had many CDTs and messages "steam lost" or by joining save " other version" and soon.

Pls can someone say How to join a Multiplayer Campagne with DarthMod??

I have started playing dmcu today, and after some trobble at first we got it working.

I need some more information.

I can probably help if you add me on steam, that makes it much easyer for the both of us.

My nick is larsier25, or larsier, not completly sure.

jmack's Avatar Civis

berg try to do a fresh reinstal and make sure the dm launcher is CLOSED when you instal 5.4.1
    dont use the multyplayer option just use the ultimate campaign to start your empire.

Added some couses for desyncs, so they can be afoided.

Default Re: [SOLUTION] Multiplayercampaign desync FIXED!!!

*bump*

larsier already did a great service to the community with his first posting.
    However, there still was this issue with the Steam service being so unreliable for many customers. And every short offtime on Steam would result in the campaign breaking off, often in the middle of a huge battle and with no way to save the game.

Now, larsier and Luis have found this program:
    http://www.tunngle.net/en/downloads/

It allows you to create a virtual LAN (like Hamachi, which however does not work for ETW) and keep playing even when Steam goes offline.

This should help a lot of people who had already given up on the MP campaign..
    Quote Originally Posted by OldeEnglish View Post
    48) When being a pike man and order to attack, first run at the enemy with your pikes in the air, wait for a few seconds, then get your swords out.

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Moved to the DM multiplayer forum

Its funny, when this was made I wasn't a local mod...my god that seems like a long time ago...

Quote Originally Posted by OldeEnglish View Post
    48) When being a pike man and order to attack, first run at the enemy with your pikes in the air, wait for a few seconds, then get your swords out.

Dude, it must work! Do it work as well on battles longer than 20 minutes?
    Does it work for those with Empire downloaded via STEAM? Where can I find the saves?

Really hate the sloppy lazy CA workers who don't fix the desync problem!

EDIT: Found out where the STEAM mpc save are hidden at, hopeful it will work due to the upcoming LAN party.
    How did it fare for you? Does it desync many times and you have på upload it again over again?
    Last edited by Timotheus; January 07, 2011 at 04:38 PM.
    "See that they are well supplied with beverages, with their drink avidity satisfied by giving them as much beverages they want. Then they will easily get defeated by their lust of yeast as by roman arms" Tacitus, Germania 23

Hey, real sorry about necroing this thread, buti am confused and would really like to play dmuc with my friend, it always desyncs during sieges, i sent my save to my friend, he put it in the right spot, and it still desynced we are using the dm mp too.

We do not currently support DMUC multiplayer-it doesn't work well. If you want to play multiplayer with this mod use the standard DM.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Tango12345♔ View Post
    We do not currently support DMUC multiplayer-it doesn't work well. If you want to play multiplayer with this mod use the standard DM.
    I know this is a bit of a necro again...

I've started up DMUC again (I started up Shogun 2 which I'd bought some time ago, and only lasted through the tutorials before I was simply inspired to get back in DMUC instead of playing Shogun...)

I was thinking - the couple turns of MP DMUC I was able to struggle though were just fanTASTIC. It would be greatly disappointing to have to go back to DM to play multiplayer.

What exactly is the problem? I'm wondering what the chances are of working around the issue, etc. I'm wondering if I could just do something like... use DM, but manually add a smoke mod in (myself and my opponent obviously.)

The problem is that it is not reliable enough to support-too much scope for error and too many pack file options. In future versions the multiplayer option will be back, but it will still only be the equivalent of DM-ie 1 pack file.

So if i understoud correctly , im using v8.01 i need to save my SPC campaing on a pen for example and only then i can have a MPC without desynchs ?

I have done this, saved everything i had in another place as my campaign friend .And still we continue to have desynch ....

Desyncs still happen after using this.

I've been playing campaigns on LAN, with two very fast pc's (the faster one hosting), dm platinum 8.01, steam in offline mode, and we have found that if either of us play france (with the other player playing whatever other faction, we've tried loads), the game always desynchs in battles; however we're currently playing a campaign with prussia v russia, no desynchs.

Is it possible the game's just so god damned fickle that it desynchs based on which bloody factions you pick lol? I mean, really?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12