Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [SOLUTION] Multiplayercampaign desync FIXED!!!

larsier's Avatar Libertus

Default [SOLUTION] Multiplayercampaign desync FIXED!!!

After a lot of testing and a lot of frustrasion i have found a solution for the desyncronisation problem.

It aprears to be save game related. (i am talking about desync after you load a battle, but fix shoud work for all kinds)

after a lot of testing with my partners in crime (coudent have done it without them, thanks Luis Daoiz y Velarde and psyclog) we descoverd that it apeared to be save game related.

skip this part if you don't care how it works just that it works.

after you save a game in the beta, both players get a save. these shoud be exactly the same (they don't apear to be personal). but after comparing the size's the concluded that they weren't on some occasions.

in theory there is one exaption, the joiner can't resume the campaign as host, so there is a small difrence

this issent exactly a fix for this problem, just a way to resync the save games.

the way to fix this is by transvering the save game of the host ( i don't think the other way around works, but i can't confirm at this time)

The host

1 find the save -

XP
    the saves for the beta are located in the - C/Documents and Settings/User/Application Data/Application Data/The Creative Assembly/Empire/save_games_multiplayer folder

Unfortunatly the saves are not named the same as in the game.

To find out what save you need you need to fire op empire, and keep the save_games_multiplayer folder open. With Ctrl alt delete you can quickly jump in and out.

then you need to make a map in save_games_multiplayer (or somewere els) and move some of the saves there. then you can see ingame what saves you removed, it is a prosses of elimination

TIP1 - saves have names like this multiplayer_campaign_76561197987785013_76561198003454027_9.empire_save_multiplayer

there is a number wich indicates what save of the spesivic campaign it is. for innstance, in this campaing it is the save of the nineth turn, this shoud help with the elimination.

TIP2 - i sugest you make mapps for each campaign you play, makes it a lot easyer in the future

2 - after you have the right save, all you have to do is transfer the file.

TIP - i suggest you pack it, they are quite big.

you can use a site like megaupload, or rapidshare.

3 - wait for the joiner

The joiner

This is realy quite simple, wait for the file, and overwrite your own savegame witch is located in

XP
    C/Documents and Settings/User/Application Data/Application Data/The Creative Assembly/Empire/save_games_multiplayer

Both

Fire up empire, and be shure to use te transfered save, and the most inportant step, have fun

(I realise this post is probably ritled with spelling mistakes, but i am not natifly english, and i have dileixia, so if someone would correct my mistakes, i would much apreacheate it)

This shoud correct all desyncronysations problems, and if you get used to it it takes less then fife minets.

please let me know if it works for you

Some general things you shoud know
    - If you get a incompatable game mesage i suggest you veryvy your game cache, and dubble check any scripts you are using.
    - If you open the options window ingame you desync, you won't be able to play any battles manualy.
    - there are a lot of diffrent forms of desyncs, like one player is stuck in an ai turn, or you cant play any battles or you get a message in a battle. There is even one that is so bad difrent ai's or players controle different territories for the 2 players.
    Last edited by Isabelxxx; February 28, 2010 at 06:33 AM.

Default Re: multiplayercampaign desync FIXED!!!

I'm happy you had such idea, after leaving like 5 campaigns in turns betwen 3 and 14 because of desyncs, now it's possible to keep playing even with desync problems. A little bit of feedback about this would be apreciated. By the way some battles are just.... EPICS

Warriorset's Avatar Miles

If this really works man, Im gonna be "reping" you till the end of the year mate!!

Thanks!!!

so far it has worked 9 times for me

Warriorset's Avatar Miles

It worked for me too!! congratulations you made a great find a deserve my rep!!

Chyeaaaa111's Avatar Campidoctor

Hmm I just gave up with my friend a few weeks ago. Gotta give this a try. Thank you so much for your hard work! +Rep

I tried but without success

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias46 View Post
    I tried but without success

what was you exccect problem?

edit - add me on steam please, so i can help - larsier
    Last edited by larsier; December 30, 2009 at 11:46 AM.

Oh my I did indeed test the MPC a lot with my two fellows, and now I come back to see that larsier appears to have found the solution.

I so hope this thing works now! We might even resume seemingly lost campaigns!
    Quote Originally Posted by OldeEnglish View Post
    48) When being a pike man and order to attack, first run at the enemy with your pikes in the air, wait for a few seconds, then get your swords out.

Seems like larsier has indeed foung the holy grail.

I already started to think "well, MP campaign in a TW campaign is just too good to be true... of course it can't work.."
    But now it really does work!! It is wonderful! And I am losing battle after battle, I'm lovin' it..

okay, small issue: Steam. During every night session, we have had one Steam offline time. The service is just too unreliable for a strategy game where you can't save every second (i.e. during battles).
    Last edited by psyclog; January 01, 2010 at 06:13 AM.
    48) When being a pike man and order to attack, first run at the enemy with your pikes in the air, wait for a few seconds, then get your swords out.

i don't see the reason why the connection with steam shoud be there at all times. so annoying..

awww man this sounds wicked. I had to stop playing a game yesterday because of a certain bug.

Basically on my partners turn he would attack an enemy and choose auto resolve, but on his screen it would be waiting for me to decide what the enemy would do.
    Meanwhile on my computer nothing would be happening and I wouldnt even know about the battle??? Every time I reload it's like this, is this caused by desync do you think?
    and would your magic technique sort this out?

Well, there seems to be another issue:

Never save the game in the battle selection menu (where you can decide to auto-resolve, retreat etc.).

If you load it, the selection menu is not there and you can't do anything.

Even with desync fixed, the campaign is still an emotional roller coaster ride. Our main problem now are the many Steam disconnects. Every now and then, you will get disconnected for a short time - enough for the campaign to break off.

Even if you save whenever possible, you cannot save during the AI's turns. When several AI nations attack, you have to fight multiple battles in a row without being able to save. It's a gamble with this unreliable Steam.

have you tried contacting steam about resolving this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Don Of Atheos View Post
    have you tried contacting steam about resolving this issue?
    A good one!

Does this solve the desync during battles issue?

I've noticed that we usually desync in battles that involve town garrisons... the one battle we played with just army vs army there was no issue.

Syntax's Avatar "Veni Vidi Vici"

larsier WOW - good news +rep for the investigation success.....

Quote Originally Posted by Society View Post
    Does this solve the desync during battles issue?

I've noticed that we usually desync in battles that involve town garrisons... the one battle we played with just army vs army there was no issue.

As far as i can tell it fixes all desyncs. Unfortunatly i cant test it much anymore becose i have been quite sick for a copple of months now.

Hi everyone. I seem to have the same problem as the guy a few post before me. It only desyncs when there is an attack of a town/settlement involved. I have tried this fix and it still desyncs when we reload and try it again.

Is there any way that this fix can fix this issue or is anyone aaware of any other fix specific to this problem?

Also I heard that CA will release a fix for the online campaign tomorrow 23/2/10. ANyone know anything about that?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast