Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: First impression

Default Re: First impression

awesome

Power too the WAAARGH! after a lot of probleam with the instalation I finaly manage to make it work and, beutiful unit roster for most of the faction! I Love GreenSkin, they are hot and my first custom battle with them was so intense that make me forget about the Russian Language. Well Great Job Russian team and all in TW who help them with the transaltion! (Wich to see a full english translation hehe XD) Thanks for this mod! I'm gonna have a great campagne with the greenskin! Yep yep!
    “Be aware that if you play this mod, you’ll be addict. Try it at your own risk!”

Valiant Champion's Avatar Praepositus

I finished my first campaign using the Reik on medium strat / very hard battle.

Touch and go at first and was concerned over the undivided invasion but once I smelled signs of weakness I counterattacked and took nearly 30 provinces in all before I won the campaign. 90 turns which is the minimum time for that faction I think.

Only wish I could have gotten some pikemen mercenaries early on. I didnt get any til turn 86.

Actually I should have had to wait til turn 100? So I don't understand how I won 10 turns early.
    Last edited by Valiant Champion; January 19, 2010 at 04:39 PM.

BETTER PIKES
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...2#post16143112

THE PIKE WARS HAVE BEGUN!

I want to thank the developers for making this fantastic mod, making a superb game even more interesting. Now make a 1.02 version which actually works on my pc!

Have to say i'm very much enjoying this mod.

Cant wait for an update but it's very good so far.

AgentSmith's Avatar Foederatus

HOW DARE YOU TRY TO TAKE MY SOCIAL LIFE AWAY!!! JK BUT SERIOUSLY IT'S GOOD ENOUGH TO IGNORE EVERYTHING! GO RUSSIA!!!!
    MISTER A-A-ANDERSON......

Quote Originally Posted by Rata View Post
    awesome
    Rata ..Chosen von Egrimm? da bekommt man ja sentimentale erinnerungen

After a while of downloading I was able to try it. I must say it was worth the wait, I played most of the warhammer games(40000) and I really enjoyed the adaptation of total war of warhammer. factions, units... I love everthing! thanks for bringing this mod to life and thanks for the stuff you will bring to the future!!!

I just downloaded the mod and tried a couple of turns as Sylvania. I stormed the dwarf castle to the southe and the rebel orc settlement to the east. All i can say is that it looks awesome.

I tried a campaign as Ostermark (the one with spearmen, i cant remember the name so well). I messed up the defence of erengrad and must say that I paid for it the next turn, this game is a challenge and fun, my only critic is that playing as chaos it becomes really hard to distinguish between unit cards since they are all so jacked with colour and big armoured pictures. But 9.8/10 overall for me
    My A-list of mods to play
    Lord of the Rings total war
    Thera Legacy of the Great Torment
    End of Days and its sequel
    Third Age total war, similar to Lord of the rings total war
    Call of Warhammer
    RIP
    Bringing the light of God(Canadian) Emperor to the fringes of TWC

cedric37's Avatar Why Not ?!
    Patrician Citizen

For the unit cards of Chaos, my comrade Kahvipannu made an excellent submod to fix it: simpler unit cards. Maybe you would like to check it in the submod section
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

Then I defintely will, thanks. I'd rep you but you disabled it
    My A-list of mods to play
    Lord of the Rings total war
    Thera Legacy of the Great Torment
    End of Days and its sequel
    Third Age total war, similar to Lord of the rings total war
    Call of Warhammer
    RIP
    Bringing the light of God(Canadian) Emperor to the fringes of TWC

Patrician Citizen

I did not disabled it, i have been banned from a forum and my punition is that my rep was disabled too (it will be unti 21st of march); so feel free to rep me if you like (disabled mean i still receive rep but you cannot see it, right now i get 4657 pts !!! i am joking of course ^^)

But anyway i was glad to help you
    Last edited by cedric37; February 02, 2010 at 01:54 PM.
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

Anticipation: Almost like breaking Warhammer Pc Game Virginity, Mark of Chaos was barely a handjob compared to this.

Installation: Houston, we have a problem. And another. And another. A red day. A day of CTD's. I considered going for the dark, stinky backdoor that is Mark of Chaos..

Completion: HOLY CRAP, how did they..And , that was awesome! And damn, where'd those six hours I was supposed to work out, study and eat go? I'm giving this mod a valentine's card, screw my girlfriend.

mr.blonde's Avatar Tiro

Amazing, i check TWC every 3-4 months for new mods/convertions for my beloved M2TW cause of its mod friendly approach and i see this 2 nights ago. As a vivid Warhammer fan from kid(40k mainly but thats another story) i got this huge excitement. While downloading and installing i check FAQs, screenshots, vids etc and i realise that the obvious thought and wish of a war fan for a warhammer total war game may become true.

Well after playing few turns with every faction and about a dozen of custom battles, i want to give my trully congrats to the mod team for they quality of mod they delivered, their love for warhammer and total war and my best wishes to continue like this in the future. Of course there is room for improvement and polish but i suppose these will go to the suggestions thread.

My best parts of mod that i saw so far:
    - battle gameplay is total fun with the amazing models and the good balance
    - heavy scripted campaign
    -warhammer feeling and immersion is very good

Anyway thank you again for your time guys for this convertion that we all can enjoy, more at suggestions thread.

Karaz-a-Karak will never fall!!

Walk softly and carry a big gun

Titus2009's Avatar Libertus

whats in the 1.03 patch actually?
    An eternity of opportunities lies within each moment; the choise is which one to make.

"Death! Death! Death! Forth, Eorlingas!"

!!DUTCH POWER!!

Patrician Citizen

Check the preview, it is well explained...

Pietrak's Avatar Biarchus

First impression: awesome! I very much like the Chaos and Undead units. They are so detailed! Units that I don't like at first look are the High Elven ones... Too bright!
    Also, when I was running test battles, I was very much surprised when I attacked 3 Chaos Khorne Bodyguards with my 15 Inner Circle Cavalry... After some fighting, it was down to only the Chaos general vs my general and his 6 bodyguards. Imagine my shock when the Chaos general killed them all in turn! That was an awesome sight!

Question: are you planning to add voice-acting in the future? Greenskins praising Allah aren't very... climatic

Well, I finally got the mod uploaded after much trouble w/ extracting, and I'm blown away at how fun it is so far! Thank you team for creating this mod, it's downright awesome!

Also much thanks to Holy Winter for helping me w/ the download.

Now to play around with some of the campaign factions and catch up on some lore. I might be inspired to write an AAR about one of them!

captcruch's Avatar Miles

mod baby cying : on Why only 42 turns ? because this is 2 days that i try to pass the 42 laps . Can't wait for the real final version .....in english or better in french with a {([Easy])} install , DAC (divide and conquer) is the worst mod installed that i saw in my life just like the translation for CoW . Mod baby crying :off