Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: First impression

Default Re: First impression

Well, tbh my first impression was that it's just so...russian
    From what i can tell from the event-pictures popping up all the time, there's awesome scripting in this, i just wish i'd be able to understand what's going on.
    However, the work gone into the models is outstanding and hell, it's Warhammer!

There are still a few things that need to be ironed out, but overall this mod has incredible potential. Kudos to the team, keep it coming

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|>Deus ex Machinegun<|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This mod is just... Whow! It looks awesome!

If something It's that it wasen't translated properly when I first got it, now I at least understand what all the buildings and units do but yesterday when I played as Nordland there popped up 2 stacks of Khorne next to one of my cities at turn 6! Translations are coming realy fast though.

If anything I kind of miss the wood elves lack of prescence on the map. But the mod is great! It just needs some polishing.

Grakl's Avatar Libertus

I dig all the work put in to the mod so far. The 3D model work is really quite stunning. I havn't been able to play anything else for the last 2 nights as I have a bad habit of trying a little bit of everything before I settle down on a particular faction to "win" as. It's Warhammer in M2TW, been waiting years for this! Great work.

Warmaster Tibs's Avatar Senator

I am retarded so I cannot "unrar" files and such or instal a file in the etc etc. So I am stuck with a full russion language mod. However I was able to fumble through 8 or so turns of the vampire counts campaign because they dont crash at turn 3. I would still play but whenever I do a battle there is no start battle button. Hell on every scroll in the game nothing is there, just blank.

So I am sad but can wait for a patch fixing all of this in the future. I can say though from the couple of sally battles that the units and combat look great. People seem to die alot quicker which I love! Faster paced = win. Also looks better then any other mod and runs smoother!

Cant wait for a future "fixed" release.
    The AI is like a retarded overwieght child. He realy want all those fries, he just does not know how to get them. http://img1.coolspacetricks.com/imag...unny/81776.gif

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Just just extract this .zip into your teutonic/data folder, and you will have at least 80% of the Russian text converted to English

Played this mod for 3 days now and i absolutely love it. It rules right away at first release. I mean i started as Sylvania on Easy/Easy and after 20 rounds of welfare and 2 cities taken from rebels 1 from dwarves and 1 from ostermark i was thinking about it being to easy. Then suddenly the orcs came crashing in to my east with 1 full stack. While a nightgoblin host attacked me from west . I thought that i could handle that since i had 2 full stacks with like 6500 skeleletons ( weak but good in numbers ). One round later the overall strongest faction Followers of Tzeentch has destroyed dwarf faction and are attacking me with 2 full stacks from the south. ( wonder how they came to the dwarves so fast... And i also realize that Ostermark was easy taken cuz the khorne followers have like 3 full stacks going around taking empire cities just north of my province in ostermark. I feel like im going to loose already at turn 22 and i absolutely love it!
    Thanks for making my day,week,month.....

This mod is awesome. I love the models, I love the setting, and I love how some factions like Beastmen go into Horde mode when defeated and you have to continually hunt them down to keep them from resurging. I actually find it awesome to patrol my forests in search of Beastmen preparing to attack.

Waouawww!!

This mod rules big time!

Total congrats to the team !!

Comes Limitis

Fantastic work guys.

As a kid I was a huge warhammer sucker but could never afford the models, and playing all this in front of my screen really is a child dream coming true.

I also played lots of mods, and can easily see how much work you put in all this, and what enormous potential it has keeping the already kick ass fun aside.

Models, Scripts and Map are already A++!

Many thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by snuggans View Post
    we can safely say that a % of those 130 were Houthi/Iranian militants that needed to be stopped unfortunately

Oh my god! (I forgot I am atheist)
    Awesome mod! I hear its russian mod, yes? So you have the best tw modders in the world slavonic brothers I cant wanit when I download your work.

My first impression is... HOW COMES I'VE NEVER SEEN THIS MOD BEFORE!!!

This is beautiful!

PlayerOne's Avatar Senator

First impression...Modals are beautiful, orcs are very good.

I was most impressed beacuse i played a battle and the AI actually defended. I dont know if this was intended or not. But hey, i liked it.

Completly stunning, ofcourse once all the kinks have been fully worked out and the last of the text has been put into english so i can have the joy of reading all the events i'll be a happy bunny, my invasion with the Followers of Khorne (H/H) is going very well, at turn 57 ive managed to wipe out 2 chaos factions but Nurgle are being ..stubbon. and the empire are slowerly getting overwhelmed by my forces that are emerging. Overall im really looking forward to what the end product for this will be.

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

First time russian, totally unplayable!
    Until the text file came, when it was dreamie ^^

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Have been stalking this mod for a while now, and finally installed it yesterday seeing the translation is up to a tolerable point, and got to play it yesterday.
    Amazing first release. Even if some features are not yet in game or a bit wierd, it's still amazingly playable.

So many thanks to the dev team, and the translators!
    Favourite thing so far: chaos dwarf, they look so funky with their top hat.

Shadrach's Avatar Miles

Awesome mod, the models are just lovely with all their detail! You guys rock, you have my eternal respect for this mod.

Overall translations are ok, and not had any CTDs (yet!).
    Definitely a few bugs around but very impressive release nonetheless!

Wish for next version:
    Make the mod better mod-foldered i.e. having its own folder "warhammer" instead of "teutonic", for those who still play the original teutonic campaign.

The Danes, I swear, with their half arsed attempts at a 'war'. You gotta give it to 'em, they just dont stop trying. Listen, I've fought the Timurids, ever heard of them? Elephants with cannons on their backs. Yea, Timurids. You guys are like kids on tricycles compared to them. -REZ

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrach View Post
    Awesome mod, the models are just lovely with all their detail! You guys rock, you have my eternal respect for this mod.

Overall translations are ok, and not had any CTDs (yet!).
    Definitely a few bugs around but very impressive release nonetheless!

Wish for next version:
    Make the mod better mod-foldered i.e. having its own folder "warhammer" instead of "teutonic", for those who still play the original teutonic campaign.
    You can, if you rename your Teutonic-folder before installing CoWH.

Foederatus

This mod is great!!!
    what i hope to see is a soldiers' manual and some background knolwedge...I really wanna this mod be spreaded out soon in China. So I have a lot to social with my gamer friends I can't wait...

Lord Firkraag's Avatar Tiro

I don't know much about Warhammer, but wow, this looks great.

There are a few things that really break immersion for me (example: "All of Christendom will be proud for our victory here today!") but it's not been enough to ruin the experience.

Because I've always wanted to command a Vampire + Skeleton army in a total war game. About time!

I have a question though.

Chaos is steamrolling all of the old world, and if that wasn't enough, they forced an imperial horde on me as well. Any tips on fighting these two monsters as Sylvania?

Perhaps the best mod I have played so far ( With SS and LOTR TW ones ).

Beautifull, good scipts, large variety of buildings and troops (especially troops)
    It really feels like Warhammer. Music, design, etc.
    I know it since a week, and I play it at least 3 hours a day !

Some things are to be fixed IMO tho :
    The mod is not yet finished, tho the essential part is done.

- The mod needs a WORKING english translation (the current one somehow sometimes makes the game crash, so I play in Russian)

- The mod needs VOICES. Especially evil faction. I am French, and I feel a bit corrupted when I hear Chaos speaking with a loudy french accent !

- The mod needs a bit more balancing (though it's already seemingly going into the right direction)

- The Mod is too easy, especially battles, even in Very Hard. ( If you compare with LOTR TW, playing CoWh is far easier, you can really easily win when you are 1 aginst 3 ) --> Perhaps the mod needs a better AI ?

- Some great units could be implemented (though I am already most satisfied) : Chariots (for Chaos, Orcs, Elves, Dark Elves). Dark Elves, though new, would need more units, like Light cav, Furies, battle assassins... Chaos would also be most happy with Demon Prince, Major Demons, and other naughty things !

- Some scripts could be slightly changed, i.e, those that make the Rebels siege you capital with huge forces, while you did not see them come at all !

Very very good mod anyway, most brilliant surprise to me, for the early 2010 !!!
    Last edited by JC_von_Preussen; January 11, 2010 at 09:08 AM.