Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: First impression

Default Re: First impression

Quote Originally Posted by isilendil View Post
    this formation for pike, not spears
    Понимаешь в чем штука, у них нет анимации защитной стойки, они просто стоят и ждут по стойке смирно. А стена щитов -кривой высер, полностью бесполезный.
    CoW (Rage of the Dark Gods)team
    From Russia with love.

Thanks to all the team for this great work! Amazing job are done on this mod.

artmanphil's Avatar Foederatus

Stunning stunning stunning! Never felt such power under my control muaaahahaha
    As 3d-artist I really know about the enormous work you have done!

But the creepy little pig inside me has some questions, hopes and critics:

- I would love to hear voices fitting to the units, especially the Orcs. Many of the voices from Dawn of War 1 & 2 would fit very good, such as for the boyz and gretchins/gobbos. Also there are good Orc-voices from LotR Battle for Middle Earth. Additionally I would love to hear the boars with anything else then horse sounds.

- An even better experience would come from differing orc-heads. Need some modeling help?

- The feeling of epic battles might get better through better orchestral music, maybe from Mark of Chaos, Dawn of War, Battle for Middleearth and Warcraft3?

- Wouldn't it be possible to create some prettier bitmaps for the units in distance, since for example the ones for the dragon knights are very small and very bright, making it hard to keep them apart from other very small and very bright bitmaps.

- Greater demons or some of the important heroic units known from the Tabletop would be the final top of the mountain crowning you to the best MTW2 mod team ever walking on our small blue planet! You actually could give them a fitting prices or put them into the late period making it more easy regulate them when playing online.

- As a scaven lover I would look forward to see then somewhen in the gorgeous mod.

Finally I have to admit I never thought of the possibility that this mod would become THAT awesome it has become yet on the FIRST release. Even more apreciation for one of the very very first teams creating a working Warhammer mod, lots of lost souls gave up half the way because of the huge scale needed. You are real Ruffnecks and have to be fanatic lovers of the Warhammer topic. Respect for that!
    Last edited by artmanphil; December 26, 2009 at 06:12 AM.

- An even better experience would come from differing orc-heads. Need some modeling help?
    PM to islendil
    - I would love to hear voices fitting to the units, especially the Orcs. Many of the voices from Dawn of War 1 & 2 would fit very good, such as for the boyz and gretchins/gobbos. Also there are good Orc-voices from LotR Battle for Middle Earth. Additionally I would love to hear the boars with anything else then horse sounds.
    Working on it
    As a scaven lover I would look forward to see then somewhen in the gorgeous mod.
    Soon Yeomen promised to show first "models in game"
    CoW (Rage of the Dark Gods)team
    From Russia with love.

oh man, this is just public beta now
    developers work hard about voices . I"l be added in latest patches (and no only it=) ) plz wait

I know :-D But those are my first impressions. Little adding: Did I miss something or is there no Bretonia and Darkelves? Thought I would have seen some of them in earlier videos.

NO I AM NOT COMPLAINING, its just interest for thise project I am falling on my knees and praising Sigmar! Besides: The better it gets the more reason I have to spread your word in my hamachi networks for MTW2 :-D
    Last edited by artmanphil; December 26, 2009 at 06:24 AM.

Even though some of the menus are hard to navigate due to them not having any text on them etc (Non english) the mod does play pretty well. Really enjoyed playing around with some custom battles. Had some epic empire vs chaos, dwarf vs orks and high elves vs sylvania fights.

I did find 1 bug and a viewing issue though

- One of the units in the orc roster is causing ctds for battles. I haven't narrowed it down yet as i forgot how to debug in m2tw. Anyway i selected all their cavalry, squig herders and siege weapons and one of those units gives me an error. All other teams seem fine. ( Tested it again and tested each unit and none of them crash. So to get this crash i picked all cavalry + all archers + siege weapons + Black orcs and it does a

23:51:37.868 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/teutonic/data/banners/textures/Faction_banner_lithuania.texture,699264
    23:51:37.868 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/teutonic/data/banners/textures/Faction_banner_lithuania.texture (from: D:\games\sega\Medieval II Total War)
    23:51:37.870 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/teutonic/data/banners/textures/Faction_banner_lithuania_trans.texture (from: D:\games\sega\Medieval II Total War)
    23:51:37.871 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/teutonic/data/banners/textures/Faction_banner_lithuania_trans.texture,699264
    23:51:37.871 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/teutonic/data/banners/textures/Faction_banner_lithuania_trans.texture (from: D:\games\sega\Medieval II Total War)
    23:51:38.103 [system.rpt] [error]
    in the log )

- Dwarf battle results screen. Can't see my troops results due to the text being grey and the background being that grey brick pattern.

If i find any others i will post them for you, but so far so good
    Last edited by andymate; December 26, 2009 at 07:55 AM.

Valiant Champion's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by isilendil View Post
    this formation for pike, not spears
    Empire pikemen mentioned at least twice in Felix/ Gotrek novels. Also mentioned in the Ambassador novels.

At least mentioned once using a spearwall against Beastmen.

Given time I am sure I can find the paragraphs in question.
    Last edited by Valiant Champion; December 26, 2009 at 08:55 AM.

BETTER PIKES
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...2#post16143112

THE PIKE WARS HAVE BEGUN!

Mod is great but... In my opinion, High Elven infantry should be worst then dwarven. At last Dwarfs defeated the mighty High Elven armies in the War of Vengeance, and Gotrek Starbreaker killed Caledor II in duel. It is enough proof for me that dwarfen infantry should be the best in the world. Elves should have : superior archers, quick, mobile armies but low in numbers and fragile infantry. Dwarves should have : heavy-armored troops, superior infantry, very good artilery but weak missle troops and slow, unmobile armies.
    Beside that, everything is great, maybe with except of fact that my "start battle" and this one window that appears after the battle with results are somehow... mutated They are very wide and weird.

Werebear's Avatar For Mother Russia

Quote Originally Posted by Valiant Champion View Post
    Empire pikemen mentioned at least twice in Felix/ Gotrek novels. Also mentioned in the Ambassador novels.

At least mentioned once using a spearwall against Beastmen.

Given time I am sure I can find the paragraphs in question.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=320268

Nuln Pikemen

http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/p...ikes2.jpg.html

These pikemen are soldiers of Empire yes?
    Last edited by Valiant Champion; December 26, 2009 at 09:13 AM.

BETTER PIKES

Werebear's Avatar For Mother Russia

conversion

no pike - empire weakness

Hm, I have something to say... Mod is great but.. How is that possible that Empire has more types of artilery than those, who, in fact, designed the concept of artilery itself? (Dwarfs) Could you add something more to them, for example mortars or organ guns? If no, just tell me how to do it myslef, models are included in your mod.

Ok I guess this is a good point. Hope the Guns are in a new release one day :-)
    Concerning Dwarves I am a bit unsatisfied, too. For example in Quickmatch-Mode. I usually get something like 2 missile troops, 1 arty, 2 heavy infantries.
    The Enemy always was one of the Empires Kingdoms: 2 Heavy Cavalries, 1 Swordmen, 2 Pikes, 1 Missle, 1 Arty. No winning chance...

And how do I play on this strange mountain top map`?

Still I have to question, wether there already are plans for new units and races?
    Even though less races with better balance are better than more unbalanced races!

And one thing I do not understand: There are no Empire pikes in-game, right? But there are no pikes in the Tabletop, right? So what is the problem?
    Last edited by artmanphil; December 26, 2009 at 06:07 PM.

I like that crossbows and handgunners will not fire without line of sight.
    All models are awesome
    many unique animations, especially double swords.
    Strange and unique campaign and strat map.
    Love grapeshot. Grapeshot is much improved over Kingdoms vanilla grapeshot. fires a tight pattern and has longer range.
    I Like unique numbering system for regiments. Not sure how that works exactly.

BETTER PIKES

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDwarf View Post
    very good artilery but weak missle troops .
    Weak as in the guys can be killed easy or weak as in damage? dwarf guns are the best in the world.

Anyways great mod all around with fantastic visuals although I got this text patch for english and now I cant start battles with the deploy button missing

King Siegfried's Avatar Semisalis

Pressing Enter will enable you to deploy and then to start the battle.

Creator of Kingdoms of Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by King Siegfried View Post
    Pressing Enter will enable you to deploy and then to start the battle.

oh right I fogot that shortcut! thx

cedric37's Avatar Why Not ?!
    Patrician Citizen

What can i say ?

Past the first deception because most writings were in russian (i have partially fixed this so now much more easy to understand); i have disovered a very rich and original mod, and i feel an immense potential in it.
    I was really positively surprised.

Superbe work i must say!

Keep it up!
    Cédric.
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

Senator

you guys have some top notch scripts at work here. the script battles needs a little work with bugs but overall this is what a warhammer game should be. my only problems are minor things and they probably will be worked on later on so i really can't complain. although i do have a question: i saw in the files that new al-ulrics, reikmarshalls, and slayer-king get elected. is there anything at work for the emperor?