Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: English Translation Call of Warhammer TW. Updates and Mistakes. UPDATE 1.03

Default Re: English Translation Call of Warhammer TW. Updates and Mistakes. QUICK UPDATE for 1.01

well is just the fail of the google translator and mine too (english is not my first language)

if still i can help in translation just tell me i gonna do what i can

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Default Re: English Translation Call of Warhammer TW. Updates and Mistakes. QUICK UPDATE for 1.01

Quote Originally Posted by Action Fighter View Post
    Here you guys go with the latest unit description. Warriors of Chaos are now also added, i'm currently working on beasts and daemons of chaos so should hopefully be done soon.

Attachment 67722

I'm also posting some other files you might find of use.
    Attachment 67723

Attachment 67724

Attachment 67725

Attachment 67726

I did some translation of the quotes. My personal favourite amongst them.
    "Wherever I go the crows will die from gluttony, because I leave only corpses at my back!" -Asavar Kul(not Asavar Cool)

Would like to thank Beregond and everyone else helping with the translation of the mod too.
    Is this compatible with the new 1.01 translation?

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Karion View Post
    well is just the fail of the google translator and mine too (english is not my first language)

if still i can help in translation just tell me i gonna do what i can
    That's completely ok, the Asavar Cool thing gave me a good laugh.
    On the quotes i would suggest you use Google translator to be able to identify the quote and then look up the english version on the internet as there ought to be one as it is a warhammer quote and warhammer is based on english.

Holy Pilgrim: You should be able to just put them into your folder. I only have parts of 1.01 in my game as i had some files that were more complete in english. I would like to know the changelog of the translation 1.01 if anyone got time to write it, i havent checked through the BIN files of it yet so dunno what's changed there. Will test the 1.01 version straight away to check what changes are there and then report back to you guys. It still should be perfectly safe to implement those files. Unit descriptions is basically the same just that mine includes Warriors of Chaos too.
    Last edited by Action Fighter; December 29, 2009 at 11:25 AM.

uh download link on first page seems to be broken?!

cannot dl it

Tiro

Ok, i tested the new translation. It is perfectly safe to just overwrite the old files with the new ones i posted, also you might want to put in some of your vanilla files to get more in english. Battle, diplomacy etc. etc. The UI text files and tooltip files you know.

so this means, it IS compatible with 1.01?

Yes, it is.

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

Quote Originally Posted by BEA$T View Post
    uh download link on first page seems to be broken?!

cannot dl it
    Ok, I've inserted an attachment

Quote Originally Posted by Beregond View Post
    Ok, I've inserted an attachment

50% of the main file downloaded

cant wait to bring the chaos upon lands

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by SuckSluck View Post
    so this means, it IS compatible with 1.01?
    Yes, it works fine.

Very good, and thank you for trying to bring what looks like a really good mod to those of us who don't read Russian.

If you please, I think you should really focus on character names/traits/ancillaries for the next patch. The campaign isn't really playable if I don't understand what my family members are named or what traits they have and what exactly they do - fully half of the fun of a Warhammer mod is, to me, roleplaying, and that's impossible right in my opinion. Sorry if I sound ungrateful I know that translating all of this text from one language to another must be alot of work. I appreciate the effort so far!

PSIHOPAT's Avatar Senator

Also translation for buildings attributes and for diplomatic options,will reveal more from the "hidden" beauty of this mod.

randir14's Avatar Ordinarius

I noticed in the new translation the unit card stats aren't translated:

**(found out my self, so deleted)**
    Last edited by The Swordmaster; December 30, 2009 at 02:36 AM.

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by randir14 View Post
    I noticed in the new translation the unit card stats aren't translated:
    Take your old/vanilla files and overwrite.

Quote Originally Posted by Action Fighter View Post
    Ok, i tested the new translation. It is perfectly safe to just overwrite the old files with the new ones i posted, also you might want to put in some of your vanilla files to get more in english. Battle, diplomacy etc. etc. The UI text files and tooltip files you know.
    Someone might include this in the regular version, so we don't have to do it by ourselves in every single update.

Maybe someone could send Beregond an english vanilla text-folder. I'd do it, but mine is german by default

Another topic would be the Lore-Quotes on loading screens. Maybe we could collect some english quotes and simply replace the russian ones? Saves a lot of translation work and will likely even be more true to lore if taken from an official source instead of translation. Just tell me if you want to do that and i'll go fetch some quotes
    Last edited by Fulgrim88; December 30, 2009 at 06:48 AM.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|>Deus ex Machinegun<|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good work everyone

Just wondering is anyone working on translating the diplomacy options? Or did I perhaps miss it in the thread? Anyway I'd like them done since I can't make any diplomatic deals the ways things are now
    He who fears being conquered is sure of defeat - Napoleon Bonaparte

Spearwall is misspelt in the unit card.
    Screw multiculturalism and the horse it rode in on

Hello, you plan to create a unique collection?

I could try and translate the empire names into english, if someone would send me the russian list.
    Screw multiculturalism and the horse it rode in on