Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: English Translation Call of Warhammer TW. Updates and Mistakes. UPDATE 1.03

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

Default English Translation Call of Warhammer TW. Updates and Mistakes. UPDATE 1.03

For those still doubting their ability to play this wonderful mod in Russian , English Translation will be presented. I've only recently started the translation so just couldn't trasnslate all the needed text. Though if you're familiar with M2TW interface, this shouldn't be too difficult. The most importants parts has already been translated-> units, factions, cities, some names and buildings.

I'll update this thread with new versions of translation.

Also please post here all the mistakes in translation, both in fluff and grammar.
    Have a nice time playing Call of Warhammer

Translation v. 1.3.1
    http://www.filesonic.com/file/19873255/CoW_eng_1.03.rar

extract into your mods->teutonic->data folder

or parts
    All 3 of these MUST be downloaded in order for the translation to work

translation part 1
    Includes most of the community's translation
    Attachment 68783

ATTENTION not compatible with 1.02

translation part 2
    Attachment 72049

Install over translation part 1

translation part 3
    Attachment 72833

install over translation part 3

Here's the list of kind forum members who helped me with my work on translation, in fact they are still helping,- finding mistakes, writing descriptions, translating files and just supporting! let me know if I forgot smb:

Action Fighter, The Holy Pilgrim, Grand Admiral Thrawn, Astor, Maias227, Saladin, Kahvipannu, Fulgrim88, randir14, Vaz, Blackomur89 may he rest in peace, Scipio praeditus for his Orczzz, ajva101, arostine, Diccon, steroid, TWmadman, backstrom, my bro for helping with names

and all the wonderful community and developers of this great mod
    Last edited by SHREDDER; October 07, 2010 at 12:41 AM.

Guidrion's Avatar Miles

Default Re: English Translation Call of Warhammer TW. Updates and Mistakes

Thanks man!
    +rep

great

thank you!

thanks very much

Tiro

One mistake i noticed is the spelling of Chosen, you spelled it with double O(choosen). Supposed to be Chosen Khorne Knights for example.
    Would be really great if u could fix translations on traits and abilities too as it's a bit hard to make out what traits a char has got. Otherwise the translation that has been made looks good so far. Really good mod too, looking forward to continue playing it.

One other thing too, might be a bit OT here is when in the screen when you chose faction on some of them the map of europe still displays.

oh, sorry, possibly I missed it when last checking the spelling . a silly mistake...I'll fix it of course
    I was going to start anc and traits, perhaps anc in a few days. But first that would be only effects, not the names or descr. I need some time for exams and holidays
    Last edited by Beregond; December 25, 2009 at 01:44 PM.

Where is the text for units abilities, like "can form spearwall, good moorale" and etc. have begun little modestly using googles translator..

Werebear's Avatar For Mother Russia

Medieval II Total War\mods\teutonic\data\text\battle.txt

i was thinking of like unit descriptions in custom battle, the one when you mouse over to see attributes and abilites is this the one?

King Siegfried's Avatar Semisalis

Just installed and played a few battles with the High Elves. All of my comments are based on this initial impression. Please note that I am an English user, having downloaded the available English translation, and don't know any Russian.

Unit info cards have not been translated, so English users will have a hard time knowing what units do what beyond the numbers. I think this is the first thing that needs to be translated. The unit "lore" can wait for later. After that, the UI needs to be polished some. Maybe it's because I'm not running a Russian M2TW, but all of the battle-map UI buttons are huge and blank. It took me a second to find the "Start Deployment" button at the beginning, and the "Pause" button doesn't have any text, nor does any of the Esc menu buttons.

Oh, and this is a different problem, but the unit card images are very cluttered. It's hard to see the units.

Creator of Kingdoms of Heaven

Valiant Champion's Avatar Praepositus

missions and event updates

BETTER PIKES
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...2#post16143112

THE PIKE WARS HAVE BEGUN!

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Quote Originally Posted by King Siegfried View Post
    Just installed and played a few battles with the High Elves. All of my comments are based on this initial impression. Please note that I am an English user, having downloaded the available English translation, and don't know any Russian.

Unit info cards have not been translated, so English users will have a hard time knowing what units do what beyond the numbers. I think this is the first thing that needs to be translated. The unit "lore" can wait for later. After that, the UI needs to be polished some. Maybe it's because I'm not running a Russian M2TW, but all of the battle-map UI buttons are huge and blank. It took me a second to find the "Start Deployment" button at the beginning, and the "Pause" button doesn't have any text, nor does any of the Esc menu buttons.

Oh, and this is a different problem, but the unit card images are very cluttered. It's hard to see the units.
    Here's some basics translated:
    http://uploading.com/files/15m31ba4/...Bmuokatut.rar/
    Like Information while in battle ("iddle","shooting", etc..), some menu button texts (like "save game" etc..), unit cards informations (not descriptions), and more.

Units Cards have been translated, I mean short descriptions
    and I think there is no need to make a long descriptions' translation. It'd take much time and would be not perfect, so I decided to create a thread for Unit Descriptions, so that smb interested could provide fluff-wise descriptions

Senator

after doing some turns in the campaign i agree. the translations wouldn't make sense sometimes, it'd be quicker to have new ones. also i think a priority for translations would be historic events. but that's just my suggestion

Tiro

Will definetly try and help to contribute with new lore texts myself. GW homepage is good to get some source material from and i think there is a warhammer wiki too. Or you guys in the team might have used any good source you want to share?

One more spelling mistake i noticed when playing VC campaign was that the "religion" thing is mispelled for VC, you spelled Vampire Cul and i thing it's supposed to be Cult right? Just a minor mistake but still need fixing.
    If unit card abilities is translated effort should be put into the charachter traits and anc i think, i can gladly help a bit using some translate tool if you want.

Methoz's Avatar Senator
    Bohemia (Czech: Čechy; German: Böhmen) (CZE)

whats are translated? all are in russian, only few words are in english - mean with "eng lang pack"
    TotalWarForum.cz
    Česko-Slovenské fórum o hrách ze série Total War

Quote Originally Posted by Methoz View Post
    whats are translated? all are in russian, only few words are in english - mean with "eng lang pack"
    are you sure you have installed this? http://www.getthebit.com/f/om/adbaaa...hammer.7z.html or http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SMQCCKUJ

yep, I know about Vampire Cul thing, but noticed it shortly before the release, didn't have time you can imagine it as Vampire Cool

Updated shared file, see in the first post

unit abilities like can form spear wall, menu etc

uploaded
    Last edited by Beregond; December 26, 2009 at 06:00 AM.

Thanks a bunch Beregond! Stayed up last night looking for this one phew... Well of to the battlefield

Tiro

Just noticed some spelling mistakes and capital letter mistakes in the translation of unit abilities. I guess you've been playing the original game at russian too so I understand it's a bit hard. Just thought it would be good if i reported it here.

btw, how do i change the ingame text, do i need python or is it just to change the .txt file?

I copied the battle.txt data minus the additions that they have put in from third age and my battles / morale / start battle buttons are all now in english. Only the unit descriptions / events / lore etc are in russian now.

Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast