Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Empires and Traders - Total War

comrade_general's Avatar 100% Prime Angus Beef

Default Empires and Traders - Total War

While playing through RTW one night the idea suddenly hit me that it would be interesting to play RTW in an earlier era, while keeping the fundamentals and feel of the vanilla game. The idea was quite appealing because I was able to mod at about 90% or more in solid text, the rest being necessary graphical work to match faction colors and such. I like the feel that comes with the vanilla units and gameplay, and in this way I can use the existing factions, with some tweaks to unit rosters and banners, and transform them into the factions of this era. The mod takes place in the year 549BC and includes the following factions:

Phoenicians
    Carthaginians
    Greek City-States
    Persian Empire
    Chaldean Empire
    Egyptians
    Lydian Empire
    Roman Kingdom
    Etruscans
    Celts
    Illyrians
    Scythians
    Thracians
    Iberians
    Numidians
    Britons
    Germans

This includes complete reskins, text changes, UI's, selection map screens, a reworked campaign map, faction banners/symbols for those that are changed, plus many other minor tweaks and alterations to enhance gameplay.

Version 1.1 now contains fixed religious buildings for certain eastern factions and new unit Immortals for Persia.

Version 1.2 is now available as a seperate download and includes the following fixes/additions:
    - fixed religious buildings for the Etruscans
    - new faction Gauls that own only Central Gaul
    - Britons reduced to 1 settlement
    - Germania reduced to 2 settlements
    - fixed 'marian' reforms
    - Macedonia gets Phalangists and Companion Cavalry when the reforms occur (they get Early Companion Cavalry before the reforms)
    - Elephants removed by request for historical accuracy
    - Chaldeans get Chariot Archers in place of elephants
    - fixed Phoenician agent skins
    - altered some province names to remove duplicates

Screens:

Download 1.1 HERE (size approx. 32mb)
    Download 1.2 HERE (size approx. 33mb)

Extract to your desktop and follow the readme.
    This is modfoldered and will not affect your original game files.

You can run both versions at the same time if you change the name of one of the mod folders (i.e. from 'EAT' to 'EAT2') and the corresponding shortcut directory (i.e. 'mod/EAT' to 'mod/EAT2')

Merry Christmas!

Sigma's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: Empires and Traders - Total War

Interesting, I look foward to more.

Will give this a go

"the name '-show_err' specified in the target box is invalid"

What am I doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Apollyon View Post
    "the name '-show_err' specified in the target box is invalid"

What am I doing wrong?
    Be sure not to put -show_err and -mod:EAT inside the quotes but completely after them, like this:

It should say -mod:EAT and not -mod:epirus of course, this is just an example.

Thanks

I sorted that out, very unique mod

Not many criticisms with it, minus the religious buildings for some of the eastern factions (Persia, Neo-Babylon and Lydia) not being accurate. Persia could have done with some "Immortals" too.

My Egyptian campaign is going well after a rocky start (Rebels are REALLY agressive), I'll try and put up some pictures soon

Quote Originally Posted by Apollyon View Post
    I sorted that out, very unique mod

Not many criticisms with it, minus the religious buildings for some of the eastern factions (Persia, Neo-Babylon and Lydia) not being accurate. Persia could have done with some "Immortals" too.

My Egyptian campaign is going well after a rocky start (Rebels are REALLY agressive), I'll try and put up some pictures soon
    Thank you, and good points; I will add those to my list of fixes/additions for version 1.1

I look forward to your pictures.

I'll give the update a go!

Nice mod.And also good for who has a connection.

I would like to say that this mod is good and does keep the vanilla feel and That this is a Nice simple mod (By simple I'm mean you didn't have to make to many new modles for units and stuff.) +REP

This is a magnificent example of why a mod does not need to be complicated to be excellent. Simplicity does not mean boring; a lot of times the complexity makes you get bored soon. This is a thing that I donīt think will happen with this fantastic and nice work. well done! Iīm having great fun playing it.

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Looks interesting. Will give it a try.

I salute you, Comrade_General!
    And I must say again: fantastic mod!
    Let me make a suggestion: why donīt create a TARTESSOS faction, alongside with the other iberians? It was a great harbor city, wealthy in gold, silver and other valuable minerals, on the southwest coast of the Iberian Peninsula, with a sorrounding empire (or zone of influence) "controlling" the south of Spain and Portugal; it also appears in the Bible and many other important historic sources, and became very important partners of the Phoenicians. It was destroyed (seemingly) by the expanding carthaginians circa 500 BC. Itīs only an idea!

Iīve just realized that in fact is Tartessos the capital of the iberian faction! Iīm sorry,
    i have not tried to play Iberians before now. Ignore my suggestion, but no my congrats!

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Macedonians should still have Companion Cavalry, even in this period of time.

I've realized Numidia is too much underpowered.I've got only one region and in 6 turns Carthage attacks me.6 turns aren't even enough to find the settlements in Gaetulia.How do i change the ownership of the regions?

Good mod but factions are very unbalanced.Some faction had all units from vanilla and they are overpowered(ex:Egypt,Carthage,and barbarians,but some factions had very weak units (ex:Macedonia,the best unit hoplites,archers and light lancers)and they are underpowered.
    And some suggestions:
    Maybe you should use bigger,MM map?
    Egypt in this time had this units?I think they dont have phalanx unit.
    And Etruria sholud have samnite mercenaries with normal statistic.

Yes I know some of the factions are underpowered, and I purposefully did this because they weren't a major force in this period of time. I only put in Macedonia, for example, with one settlement and limited units only because they were already in the game and I wasn't using their faction slot for anything else. I never intended for all the factions to be equal.

Also I thought I had removed the phalanx function from the various Egyptian units so that they were just plain spearmen.

I wasn't planning on doing anything more with this mod, but thanks for the input.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast