Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Roma Surrectum II Presents: The Premarian Romans

Default Re: Roma Surrectum II Presents: The Premarian Romans

Quote Originally Posted by thedave View Post
    First of all: Great work. Very neat models. And that with and Engine which is 5 years old!!

But I also think that the generals look more like greeks or something. But I am not a historian, I just compare to RS 1.6. Maybe I have to rush to Marian Reforms then.
    Greeks had huge impact on the roman warfare in early republic, so it explains a lot of things I mean.

Everto's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by tone View Post
    No, their stats are much lower.
    Fantastic, I can't wait to smash the Legions of all the nations with the TRUE THOROKITAI AGRYSGAPIDES

Quote Originally Posted by Maximinus View Post
    One quick question: Has the Team worked on the Roman Ai Expansion, too? (you know, in most mods, the Roman AI expands directly to the north, screwing up the whole gameplay sometimes)
    Rome is, uh... special.

I can say I've seen it expand in a bunch of directions (at once - Iberia, Sicily & Greece.). I think victory conditions & ownership of certain settlements causes this.

Of course it doesn't quite go the same way if you're anywhere nearby, as AI Roma will always go for you even if they're being killed from behind T___T (But it's powerful).

i just love this! cant wait for the auxillia units. but Congratulations to the RS2 team for doing an outstanding job.
    Roma Surrectum Fanatics. Click HERE to Join Us!!!
    Death is light as a feather, Duty heavier then a mountain

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Maximinus View Post
    Great work, guys! Hail to the RS Team!

One quick question: Has the Team worked on the Roman Ai Expansion, too? (you know, in most mods, the Roman AI expands directly to the north, screwing up the whole gameplay sometimes)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ostrogoth View Post
    And in some mods Rome is destroyed by another faction...
    Roman expansion is very good. We have the Alps blocked to the north in all campaigns except the Roman player campaign, so if they go north, they gotta do it the hard way. Most of what I've seen is west and east, but of course, it depends on whom they are at war with as well.

As for them being destroyed early...or EVER....Tone has taken great pains in scripting to assure that the Romans will be there for all to deal with. I was adamant that in RS2 the Romans should be around for a loooooong time. Their recruitment is scripted, and if you take certain cities.....well, watch out, because they'll come after you like a chainsaw after a dead tree. So beating them will be, as it was historically, extremely difficult.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Merry Christmas to all! Totally amazing units "bonissimi sunt". Premarian units are my favorite and they look amazing! (not that I cant wait to see the postmarians) I personally love the italo-corinthian for the tribune. Awesome how the game will start with Hannibal. Carthage will burn.

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

you better watch out, or Rome will burn...Hannibal is no pushover, and he's got Genoa.

Although it might be coz I use the Alex.exe, which allows the AI to have a constant supply-route of fresh units from Africa by boat. (If you can get your hands on an Alex copy, BUY IT...it's worth the expanded campaign AI)

By Alex do u mean Alexander total war?

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

yup, BI is fine as well, but in Alex you'll actually see naval INVASIONS rather than the bi "i'm only using my navy because my enemy is on that island".
    I have seen Carthage land a stack of units next to one of my towns in Greece.

talking about stacks, the RSII AI is building very balanced armies...with skirmishers/archers, cavalry and mixed types of infantry...really hard to push them back without having much casualties.

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post
    Roman expansion is very good. We have the Alps blocked to the north in all campaigns except the Roman player campaign, so if they go north, they gotta do it the hard way. Most of what I've seen is west and east, but of course, it depends on whom they are at war with as well.

As for them being destroyed early...or EVER....Tone has taken great pains in scripting to assure that the Romans will be there for all to deal with. I was adamant that in RS2 the Romans should be around for a loooooong time. Their recruitment is scripted, and if you take certain cities.....well, watch out, because they'll come after you like a chainsaw after a dead tree. So beating them will be, as it was historically, extremely difficult.
    Great News! Lets get ready to rumble!

RJA's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Bull3pr00f View Post
    yup, BI is fine as well, but in Alex you'll actually see naval INVASIONS rather than the bi "i'm only using my navy because my enemy is on that island".

talking about stacks, the RSII AI is building very balanced armies...with skirmishers/archers, cavalry and mixed types of infantry...really hard to push them back without having much casualties.
    Is it that much better with Alex? Because I use BI and they land stacks all the time. The only problem is that after that they tend to go to the beach an take a long vacation. In RS 1.5 Syracuse frequently landen stacks on Malta, Sardinia and Croton without actually taking those cities eventhough they could do it with ease. But by having all their stacks in the same place without doing anything, they take away all their defenses elsewhere.
    I am only playing my first campaign on RS 1.6. As Rome, I have seen the Gallic Tribes land a small stack on the Balearics. Sieging and making ceasefire with Carthage for some turns in a row. Also, the Ptolemaics landed a full stack on Cyprus without besieging the Greek city there. Macedonia did the same with Pergamum. There are some more examples. So the intention is there, but they can't finish the job. I would love it if they actually fought and captured those cities. That would make it a lot more interesting.

RJA
    If men define situations as real, they are real in their consequences
    William Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post

Great news

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by RJA View Post
    Is it that much better with Alex?
    Playing with RTW Alex is better than playing with RTW BI. Playing with RTW BI is better than playing with RTW....

One other thing that happens with the RTW Alex exe is that the AI retrains it's depleted units. There will still be depleted armies around as the AI cannot always get it armies to a settlement that can retrain them.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Quote Originally Posted by Bull3pr00f View Post

So with with Alex, naval invasions are more common and actually followed through? Does this mean that Alexander Total War and its features can be incorporated into the Mod with ease?

RJA's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Brusilov View Post
    Playing with RTW Alex is better than playing with RTW BI. Playing with RTW BI is better than playing with RTW....

One other thing that happens with the RTW Alex exe is that the AI retrains it's depleted units. There will still be depleted armies around as the AI cannot always get it armies to a settlement that can retrain them.
    Well I might buy it via ebay then. Maybe there are other great mods that use it too. Thanks for the info.

RJA
    If men define situations as real, they are real in their consequences
    William Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Everto View Post
    So with with Alex, naval invasions are more common and actually followed through? Does this mean that Alexander Total War and its features can be incorporated into the Mod with ease?
    Yep, just run it through the RSII launcher the team designed and you can choose to start through ALX if you wish

Crusades
    Historical fiction - Fifty Tales from Rome

Can YOU dance like the Cookie Man?
    Improbe amor quid non mortalia pectora cogis? - The Aeneid
    I run an Asteroid mining website. Visit it before James Cameron takes it from me.

danova's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Hi mates!
    This is very good job! I like it...

Amazing preview!

TiTiTimmy's Avatar Centenarius

Love the units +rep
    Wanted for:
    Breaking and gluing back together and trying to pass off as never being broken in the first place.
    Assault with a weapon that couldn't have possibly been deadly, but unfortunately was

"You know what they say: give a man a fish, and he'll stink up the whole town. Give a man a fishing rod -- see where I'm going here? Give him a fishing rod and he'll poke your eye out."

Rep goes both ways, just leave your name