Thread: Should I Get East India Company?

Default Should I Get East India Company?

Hey there,

I saw East India Company on the Steam store the other day and I checked it out. The screens didn't look bad and it sounded quite fun. I'm a sucker for anything set in the 18th century or anything involving ships etc. and then I saw the Pirate add-on for it and it really caught my interest!

As much as I prefer to go off user reviews, I saw its meta score was fairly low. Is this a game worth trying out? Or should I give it a pass?

Regards,
    The Gallant Forty-Twa

Default Re: Should I Get East India Company?

i am also interested in the answer to this - the game is £3.95 in a sale at direct to drive. Is it worth buying?

No, it's not worth buying IMO.

It's entertaining for maybe one hour.
    Have you ever seen Dirty Harry Guns and money are best diplomacy
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

"Not badly, considering I was seated between Jesus Christ and Napoleon"

David Lloyd George was pleased with his performance at Versailles.

I agree, I played it for about an hour and a half, and just got bored doing the same thing over and over again.

Graphics weren´t exactly swell on my comp either, so i´m slightly buyest there. lol
    RTW may have the infamous Gauls as a faction, but just imagine how much more awesome the game would be if you had........Go'auld.....Huh? heh? Hmmmmmmmmm.....

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

dont bother with it

I enjoyed it quite a bit, and it entertained me for much more than one hour, as I completed a campaign.

At today's bargain price, I would say to try it.
    "oooh a gypsy wind is blowing warm tonight, sky is starlit and the time is right. Now you're telling me you have to go...before you do there's something you should know." - Bob Seger

Freedom is the distance between church and state.