Thread: The Long Awaited 1.04?

Icon2 The Long Awaited 1.04?

I was honestly under the illusion that this patch would fix 90% of the problems I saw. And their list seemed nice, but gameplay is not much improved. The BAI and NBAI seem dumber. (pardon my blasphemy if you disagree) I have the enemy still focusing on my general if he enters the fray, and otherwise, half the enemy will charge melee style and the other half will shoot into their buddies' backs. With 3 lines of 200 Austrian Line Inf, I could hold back 9 British Line Inf... (My Austrian had 5 ranks and the British were fresh, but still... 3v9?) I just... I got my hopes up, especially after so long a wait of not playing ETW. Atleast APETI can continue to brighten my ETW gameplay.

EDIT: Oh, and their navy just... does the same as usual... Get blown up before doing any real damage to my fleets... But maybe that's cuz I fight dirtay.

Deciphering The Zodiac - Check It Out!

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

Default Re: The Long Awaited 1.04?

I agree.

While there are some improvements to the diplomacy -- I haven't noticed much else as of yet.

The wars are lessened, but again, I think that is more about diplomacy being more functional forthe AI than before.

We'll see; they'll put out v1.5, break the mod again and maybe fix things.
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

boche's Avatar Ordinarius
    mi querida Espańa, Islas canarias/ My beloved Spain, canary islands

i think the main thing about this patch is that there is more diplomatic activity aswell as (sometimes) it makes sense. also countrys are building much bigger/better armies and especially navies. atleast in that aspect im happy with the patch.

i havnt had many battles with big powers to comment about the AI that much

i know fort battles are now much better than they used to be. still need some tweaking thow.

alpaca's Avatar Harbinger of saliva

BAI isn't much improved, that's true. I still get heroic victories 90% of the time. Better campaign AI makes the game somewhat more fun for me though, I'm mainly in it for the campaigns and will occasionally even play a normal difficulty campaign on auto-resolve so I'm on a more equal footing with the AI.

No thing is everything. Every thing is nothing.

Stildawn's Avatar The Legislator of 'Lol'

I thought it was ment to make the Campaign map more smooth?