Thread: How to stop government type unrest

Visiar's Avatar Centenarius

Default How to stop government type unrest

I'm plsying as persia and I am a monarchy. I captured some babylonian and egyptian towns and they started rioting as soon as I conquered them. I usually exterminate. Does this make it worse? Please help.

"I've read the last page of the Bible. It's all going to turn out all right"
    -Billy Graham
    When did you become interested in politics?
    The very instant I became old.

Default Re: How to stop government type unrest

If the towns you conquer are very populated when you capture them, they're easily rioting, so then extermination is maybe the only thing to stop the population from revolting. If the towns are not so big, you should be able to calm them down by letting them keep their own government buildings for a while (let the oligarchy buildings stay there) and then later you might choose to put monarchy instead.
    It helps to do this conversion process quickly, by converting several regions bordering each other at the exact same time. There might be revolts, but by converting many regions at the same time, after a few turns all of them will anyway be converted to your chosen government type, and you can capture them back as monarchy regions.
    Automating RTW Coding and Balancing with PHP and MySQL (online)

Lead developer of:

Latest RoP Release: ROP v2.2
    Under the Patronage of the magnificent Rez

Default Re: How to stop government type unrest

Yeah unfortunately the RTW public order system forces you to exterminate large cities, no matter how much you try to be Kurush. Then again, the Persians did have to deal with "some" unrest when his line failed, and it took some smacking of heads to get things under control. Also, I just had an interesting idea. What if the factions that use annexation got a small public order bonus, but maybe a tax penalty, due to being more tolerant/less exploitative? I wonder how that would affect the campaign balance.