Thread: No red battlefield border\ Move arrow blue\ No selection border unit on campaign

Default No red battlefield border\ Move arrow blue\ No selection border unit on campaign

For anyone who really annoys him/her the red battlefield border (unrealistic,...) here is a mod that makes it invisible.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=67538&d=1261938529

There are no images of the mod because (is obvious) it is invisible but here is a image of PS edit:

Screenshots posted by Demokritos:

There is an option for remove the selection border on units:
    In game: Options\Interface
    At the bottom, first option.

In the zip file are:
    mod_no_red_border.pack -->Just activate it with modmanager or script file.
    mod_movearrow_blue.pack -->'' '' '' '' only if you like my own move arrow (blue with light edition)
    mod_no_selection_borders -->'' '' '' '' for deleting selection borders on the campaign map.
    The 4 dds files, if someone is interesting in doing something with them.
    Location on the game: data\models.pack\rigidmodels\3dindicators\textures\... .dds
    Last edited by Isabelxxx; December 27, 2009 at 01:20 PM.

Demokritos's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: No red battlefield border

Good move, Isabel!

I'm sure a lot of people appreciate this, even though they don't always care to show it. I'm very happy with your mod.

Edit: For those who don't quite realize the effect of this great little mod I've attached a couple of pics. Note the camera angle on the radar. It's pointing away from the battlefield, to areas where you can't go. There should have been a glaring red border seen just behind the troops completely destroying the sense of realism if it hadn't been for this tweak. It will be the first of mods to load in my games.
    Last edited by Demokritos; December 24, 2009 at 09:34 AM.
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

Quote Originally Posted by Demokritos View Post
    Good move, Isabel!

I'm sure a lot of people appreciate this, even though they don't always care to show it. I'm very happy with your mod.
    Thanks.
    And it doesn't matter.

♔ST0MPA♔'s Avatar Ordinarius

Excellent, Thankyou Isabelxxx and a merry Christmas to you.
    Last edited by ♔ST0MPA♔; December 24, 2009 at 08:11 AM.
    "Yeah tho I walk through the valley of the shadow of death; I shall fear no evil... for I'm the meanest sonofa in the valley."

A stomping mod, well done!
    Nobody expects the Imperial Inquisition

Quote Originally Posted by ST0MPA View Post
    Excellent, Thank you Isabelxxx and a merry Christmas to you.
    A stomping mod, well done!
    You are welcome.
    Added the screenshots.

I'm working for delete the green selection borders on units (and red borders on enemies).

i think the green selection markers can be removed in the games options. Not sure about the enemies one.

I think this too, wait a moment...

S-te-Fan's Avatar Primicerius
    Diessen, The Netherlands, Near the belgium border.

What's the point in this?

There is an option for do this:
    Options\Interface

Updated
    -Move_arrow_blue now works properly
    -Fixed some image files: .psd --> .dds

-mod_no_selection_borders.pack added. It works on the campaign map. For battles there is other solution.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/attac...8&d=1261938529

There is an option for remove the selection border on units:
    In game: Options\Interface

Last edited by Isabelxxx; December 27, 2009 at 01:04 PM.

S-te-Fan's Avatar Primicerius
    Diessen, The Netherlands, Near the belgium border.

What is the freak'n point in this.

Quote Originally Posted by S-te-Fan View Post
    What is the freak'n point in this.
    ??
    What are you trying to say?

Demokritos's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: No red battlefield border\ Move arrow blue\ No selection border unit on campaign

All mod options to enhance the sense of realism in the battlefield mode, right? All steps in this direction is commendable, IMO.

But, apart from the red battlefield border, there are a number of ways in which you can do this in the preferences.empire_script file, too. Like changing the truth values of "show_selection_markers", "show_path_markers", "occupiable_building_markers" etc from "true" to "false". This file is located in the same scripts folder as the user.empire_script file. You can tinker with a lot of things there.
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

Default Re: No red battlefield border\ Move arrow blue\ No selection border unit on campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Demokritos View Post
    All mod options to enhance the sense of realism in the battlefield mode, right? All steps in this direction is commendable, IMO.

But, apart from the red battlefield border, there are a number of ways in which you can do this in the preferences.empire_script file, too. Like changing the truth values of "show_selection_markers", "show_path_markers", "occupiable_building_markers" etc from "true" to "false". This file is located in the same scripts folder as the user.empire_script file. You can tinker with a lot of things there.
    I'm agree with you. That is a better way to make some changes, for other changes mine is easier.

@ STEFAN
    If u have to ask the question, then this mod is probobly not for u anyway...

@ Isabell

So this mod does not "remove" battlefield borders? I was hoping this mod could open up the entire map in this way... But considering everything still a very cool mod. I especially love the fact that I can turn off the annoying little green selection markers,, it makes the game look so fake.. but now.. truly beautiful.

@ Isabell

So this mod does not "remove" battlefield borders? I was hoping this mod could open up the entire map in this way... But considering everything still a very cool mod. I especially love the fact that I can turn off the annoying little green selection markers,, it makes the game look so fake.. but now.. truly beautiful.
    It is not possible yet, but now it is invisible. Maybe one day a unit could magically transgress it.. XD