Thread: CTD as soon as shortcut clicked

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    took an arrow to the knee

Default CTD as soon as shortcut clicked

Hey there,

I've just installed both parts of Expanded Americas 3.0 and upon clicking the shortcut on my desktop, I see the splash screen for a few seconds before the application closes. I'm running a full M2TW + Kingdoms install with Patch 1.5 installed. I read and followed the instructions in the Display Read-me, copying the folder mods/expanded_americas3/display/data and pasting it in my main M2TW directory.

Can anybody help me get the game running?

Cheers and thanks, Reece.

Default Re: CTD as soon as shortcut clicked

Have you tried the .bat file in the expanded_americas folder? If that works you probably installed to a non-default location. Also there may be some useful info in the system.log.txt

Hey there, just tried your suggestion mate and unfortunately the same happened when using the .BAT file in the expanded_americas3 folder... As for the log, I didn't have the logs folder in my M2TW directory as I can remember from previous installs, so I created one, and tried again. However, no log appeared in that folder thereafter.
    Last edited by Frunk; December 28, 2009 at 10:02 AM.

The log isn't always inside the log folder, sometimes its in the main MTW2 folder...

Not in this case sadly.

Hello out there!

I just downloaded the mod, I installed it, but it... doesn't want to work.

Problem is the same as mentioned above. After klicking on the link, regardless from where, I see a splash-screen for a glimps of a second, than the game returns to desktop.

Fortunately, I managed to force him to put out a logfile. To do so, I rewrite the [log].section in the .cfg-file like this:

Code:
    [log]
    ## log potentially critical errors for debugging
    to            = F:\Spiele\TotalWar2\mods\expanded_americas3\Grr.txt
    level     = * trace
    level     = * error
    So, finally I got a logfile with the following text:
    Code:
    15:07:38.402 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    15:07:38.402 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    15:07:38.457 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    15:07:38.491 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    15:07:38.515 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    15:07:38.516 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    15:07:38.517 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    15:07:38.530 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    15:07:47.328 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/expanded_americas3/data/descr_mount.txt, at line 133, column 1
    Could not find battle model for mount 'Mount_order_Barded_Horse'.
    15:07:47.329 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/expanded_americas3/data/descr_mount.txt, at line 148, column 1
    Could not find battle model for mount 'Mount_alt_Barded_Horse'.
    15:07:47.329 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/expanded_americas3/data/descr_mount.txt, at line 178, column 1
    Could not find battle model for mount 'Mount_order_Mailed_Horse'.
    15:07:48.089 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/expanded_americas3/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 13110, column 1
    Could not find soldier battle model for unit type 'Knights_of_Jerusalem'.

15:07:48.089 [data.invalid] [error] DATABASE_TABLE error found : error reading record from file mods/expanded_americas3/data/export_descr_unit.txt.
    I could eliminate the first errors by overwriting the model-information in the file with other ones (other mounts), but couldn't get the Knights_of_Jerusalem this way.

Looking forward to see scot pikeniers to face aztec eagle-warriors, I hope someone can help me to get this mod run

It is the medieval gold-edition, patched to 1.05, I tried one time with unpacked MAIN-files, one time with packed, and besides the mod, the game runs pretty.

Thank you in advance,
    Praios
    Last edited by Praios; February 28, 2010 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Adding Information

You dont have part 2 installed in the correct place, that's why it can't find the battlemodel for 'Knights_of_Jerusalem' and the mounts. This has been covered many times before, just take a look around.

Thank you, hadn't noticed, that the path for the second part had to be in the data-subfolder of the mod-directory. Now, everythings fine.

Overreal's Avatar Foederatus

I think the person that started this topic has the same problem as I do? Reece do you have windows 7?

No, Vista. I'm going to try reinstalling the mod to see if I did indeed do the same thing wrong, though.

I had this same problem, I re-installed in the correct directory and it works!
    Great mod btw!

Thanks