Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Michael Moore is at it again....

Default Michael Moore is at it again....

Friday, September 2nd, 2005
    >
    >Dear Mr. Bush:
    >
    >Any idea where all our helicopters are? It's Day 5 of Hurricane Katrina
    >and thousands remain stranded in New Orleans and need to be airlifted.
    >Where on earth could you have misplaced all our military choppers? Do
    >you need help finding them? I once lost my car in a Sears parking lot.
    >Man, was that a drag.
    >
    >Also, any idea where all our national guard soldiers are? We could
    >really use them right now for the type of thing they signed up to do
    >like helping with national disasters. How come they weren't there to
    >begin with?
    >
    >Last Thursday I was in south Florida and sat outside while the eye of
    >Hurricane Katrina passed over my head. It was only a Category 1 then
    >but it was pretty nasty. Eleven people died and, as of today, there
    >were still homes without power. That night the weatherman said this
    >storm was on its way to New Orleans. That was Thursday! Did anybody
    >tell you? I know you didn't want to interrupt your vacation and I know
    >how you don't like to get bad news. Plus, you had fundraisers to go to
    >and mothers of dead soldiers to ignore and smear. You sure showed her!
    >
    >I especially like how, the day after the hurricane, instead of flying
    >to Louisiana, you flew to San Diego to party with your business peeps.
    >Don't let people criticize you for this -- after all, the hurricane was
    >over and what the heck could you do, put your finger in the dike?
    >
    >And don't listen to those who, in the coming days, will reveal how you
    >specifically reduced the Army Corps of Engineers' budget for New
    >Orleans this summer for the third year in a row. You just tell them
    >that even if you hadn't cut the money to fix those levees, there
    >weren't going to be any Army engineers to fix them anyway because you
    >had a much more important construction job for them -- BUILDING
    >DEMOCRACY IN IRAQ!
    >
    >On Day 3, when you finally left your vacation home, I have to say I was
    >moved by how you had your Air Force One pilot descend from the clouds
    >as you flew over New Orleans so you could catch a quick look of the
    >disaster. Hey, I know you couldn't stop and grab a bullhorn and stand
    >on some rubble and act like a commander in chief. Been there done that.
    >
    >There will be those who will try to politicize this tragedy and try to
    >use it against you. Just have your people keep pointing that out.
    >Respond to nothing. Even those pesky scientists who predicted this
    >would happen because the water in the Gulf of Mexico is getting hotter
    >and hotter making a storm like this inevitable. Ignore them and all
    >their global warming Chicken Littles. There is nothing unusual about a
    >hurricane that was so wide it would be like having one F-4 tornado that
    >stretched from New York to Cleveland.
    >
    >No, Mr. Bush, you just stay the course. It's not your fault that 30
    >percent of New Orleans lives in poverty or that tens of thousands had
    >no transportation to get out of town. C'mon, they're black! I mean,
    >it's not like this happened to Kennebunkport. Can you imagine leaving
    >white people on their roofs for five days? Don't make me laugh! Race
    >has nothing -- NOTHING -- to do with this!
    >
    >You hang in there, Mr. Bush. Just try to find a few of our Army
    >helicopters and send them there. Pretend the people of New Orleans and
    >the Gulf Coast are near Tikrit.
    >
    >Yours,
    >
    >Michael Moore
    >MMFlint@aol.com
    >www.MichaelMoore.com
    >
    >P.S. That annoying mother, Cindy Sheehan, is no longer at your ranch.
    >She and dozens of other relatives of the Iraqi War dead are now driving
    >across the country, stopping in many cities along the way. Maybe you can [
    >http://www.bringthemhomenowtour.org/...y.php?modin=50 ] catch
    >up with them before they get to DC on September 21st.

Indefinitely Banned

I dont like Michael Moore one bit, he's just one of those people who is going to find a problem with every little thing Bush does and whine about it, plus he thinks the Iraq war was for oil, which it certainly was not. He fits too well into the political game of propaganda and ******** that i despise so much.
    Last edited by Ardeur; September 02, 2005 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Censor Failure

Ummon's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Michael Moore is an astute propagandist, whose opinions I do not share.

In my opinion the war for Iraq WAS for Oil and was a mistake thats costing the U.S. Hundreds of Lives evrey single week.

I am currently watching CNN. Seems like help is finally arriving.

And Mr. Moore shouldn`t expect too much of the president. It might be the best thing not to visit the sites one or two days after such an event. It would only disturb help efforts, as the president certainly needs security. Imagine Geogre arriving in New Orleans requesting half of the already troubled police forecs for presidential protection.
    From the pride and arrogance of the Romans nothing is sacred. But the vindictive gods are now at hand. On this spot we must either conquer, or die with glory (Boudiccas Speech, Tacitus, Annals, XIV, 35)

under Patronage of Emperor Dimitricus, Granddaughter of the Black Prince.

if you read the letter he does make some valad points but the problem with new orleans was that nobody knew the levee would break. It did and now people are stranded. The fact that bush did cut funding to maintain the levee is unfortenate but this is hind sight. which happens to always be 20/20. I really doubt bush even read the letter. Michel Moore will probibly never get a response... if he did... well it would be interesting.

yeah, it would be for him to SHUT THE HELL UP for how this country is going to hell because there are too many reasons to list here.

Erik's Avatar Dux Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Atheist Peace
    I dont like Michael Moore one bit, he's just one of those people who is going to find a problem with every little thing Bush does and whine about it
    Yeah, his job is too easy.

Honestly Moore isnt much better then Pat Robertson, they are both the same types of people just Moore doesnt claim god is on his side.

offcourse oil interests were part of the reason for the war in iraq..

but back on topic. i do believe that Bush doesn't really care about those people who lost everything in the hurricane, nor in my eyes does he care about the soldiers that die in Iraq. that's just the impression i get from seeing and hearing his speeches and comments.

and what M Moore does isn't propaganda, it's satire, exaggerated facts.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by danzig
    Honestly Moore isnt much better then Pat Robertson, they are both the same types of people just Moore doesnt claim god is on his side.
    Or pray for god to smite supreme court justices Pat robertson is much worse.

In my opinion it's very telling that you people talk more about Michael Moore than about what he says. You can't, because he's essentially right.

YES! youre right Pac, everything he says is right and someone needs to get rid of Bush before we go to war with another country and lose everything in the stock market.

While I don't agree with most of what Mr. Moore says, I applaud him for saying it.
    In patronicum svb lt1956

Or pray for god to smite supreme court justices Pat robertson is much worse.
    Well ok MAYBE he worse but man its close, both are pretty disgusting Guess Ann Courtler would be a more correct comparison to Moore.

In my opinion it's very telling that you people talk more about Michael Moore than about what he says. You can't, because he's essentially right.
    Because he says nothing of value? He is purely a propgandist, everything he says is slanted/distortion of fact. He, Courtler, Robertson, most talk radio hosts are prime examples of what is wrong with this country.

YES! youre right Pac, everything he says is right and someone needs to get rid of Bush before we go to war with another country and lose everything in the stock market.
    Everything he says is right? Man talk about foolish.

In case you haven't heard it, go to cnn.com and browse the video files. There is a radio interview with Clarence Nagin, major of New Orleans. He's extremely, and I say extremely, ******, and his views are not so much different from Michael Moore's. Of course he doesn't talk about racism, but he cannot understand that a military and senate that goes into Iraq is not able to get more relief into New Orleans more quickly. Where are the helicopters? It's a good question.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by danzig
    Well ok MAYBE he worse but man its close, both are pretty disgusting Guess Ann Courtler would be a more correct comparison to Moore.

Yeah that is probably about right, although Coulter pisses me off a lot more, but thats probably because im liberally biased.

Erik's Avatar Dux Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by PacSubCom
    That's because he is "essentially" right, but the picture he draws is false.
    It's very difficult to attack his statements because word-for-word it's the truth but the story he tells is often a lie.

Rush Limbaugh often used the same tactic, but I think Moore is better at it.

@ Eltrevo actually, we are not losing hundreds of lives every week, we have only lost 1800 soilders or so. (I dont know the exact number, but its more then 1000, less then 2000, or the media would be talking about that more then katrina.) So, we would have lost 1800 in 18 weeks, 4 1/2 months, we have been there WAY longer then that.

Also, What good is Micheal Moore doing? He's complaining, like a little child, but sadly, its not going to get him anywhere. If he put his money were his mouth is, that would sure help alot.
    What would kerry have done in the event of a terrorist attack?
    What would Clinton do?
    What would Hillary do?
    (actually, wasnt there a terriorist attack just before bush entered office? I saw it on 9/11 revealed, but I dont remember the details :/)

I agree with you though, on the point that Moore should stop complaining about it, and do something helpful.
    America isn't going to hell.

There were many articles about how the levees would not hold against a 4 or 5 class hurricane, so in part it was Bush/The officials of Louisianna's fault.

In case you haven't heard it, go to cnn.com and browse the video files. There is a radio interview with Clarence Nagin, major of New Orleans. He's extremely, and I say extremely, ******, and his views are not so much different from Michael Moore's. Of course he doesn't talk about racism, but he cannot understand that a military and senate that goes into Iraq is not able to get more relief into New Orleans more quickly. Where are the helicopters? It's a good question.
    Not suprisingly he had little to say on his and the governors lack of preplanning to deal with the initial emegency until FEMA and co arrived.

Yeah that is probably about right, although Coulter pisses me off a lot more, but thats probably because im liberally biased.
    Yeah understandable there, Coulter bothers me less because of my own views both neither do the country any good in their twisted view on things. The funny thing is so many people get so uptight over them, all you gotta do is quote Coulter to liberals and they go nuts, quote Moore to conseratives and same thing...its exactly the response both want imo. If they didnt incite people to hate them or worship them they would have to get a real job.

On side note I wonder how many of these people placing blame for the hurricane have put up money to Red Cross or other agencies. My guess is too busy pounding at their keyboards to make it a political issue to bother signing off a check.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast